Chaos and disaster-2019 One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Dannyboy
International

Re: Chaos and disaster-One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Post by Dannyboy »

BlueSpark wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:38 pm No doubt now the Turkish draw was diddled the other year
Yeah but everyone had a good time and everyone had a good drink up...

Say what you like about the BDO but their nonsense and controversy does great for this place. Is Paula on Nikki’s payroll?
BlueSpark
International

Re: Chaos and disaster-One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Post by BlueSpark »

A delight in store today for the fans packing out the tavern
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Paula ripped to shreds on her own post on her account.
Hardly surprising.
BlueSpark
International

Re: One80 LStyle World Masters 2019 - Eurosport TV Matches

Post by BlueSpark »

The afternoon session has to be the most ghastly ever produced for television.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

BlueSpark wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:47 am The afternoon session has to be the most ghastly ever produced for television.
so glad local boy Justin is on this evening.

🎯🐧 TeamHappyFeet 🐧🎯
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Still can't believe Lisa Ashton is still defending her 'right' to decide/vote on original fanatics. She has gone right down in my estimation. Generally speaking the BDO is being ripped a new one by pretty much everyone on Original Fanatics. You are getting a few defending the players in general, which is a fair point.

Laura Turner is being much more professional about it and has said she now realises she should have abstained as Players Rep and felt at the the time it was a done deal and they didn't have all the facts to hand.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Did they all know there were fake names in the draw?
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:51 am Did they all know there were fake names in the draw?
I shoudl think so
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Skewball wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:38 am
BlueSpark wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:47 am The afternoon session has to be the most ghastly ever produced for television.
so glad local boy Justin is on this evening.

🎯🐧 TeamHappyFeet 🐧🎯

This the fella?
Just checking #fakeplayers
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

They shouldn't have asked the players to take a vote. Decision should have been made by those in charge and they should carry the responsibility of the decision made.
So I feel a bit sorry for the players but saying that Lisa Ashton has really disappointed me with her posts.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

that's the one ;)

I've mentioned him before in the BICC thread (when he git a 90+) about being a great guy. He really is. He started County at a similar time to me. He stuck with it, I didnt ! As is John apparently as well.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Skewy brainwashing hasnt worked

He tried to stop Hood going to the Masters
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

She's absolutely not bitter about Barbados :DDD: Also, I didn't think Dawn was hypercritical, she seemed just the normal amount of critical.
Attachments
Paula.png
Paula.png (82.96 KiB) Viewed 1057 times
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

If it turns out to be as awful is it looks like it might be, I'm sure Eurosport will have some old rally driving footage in their acrchives they can just randomly put on instead.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

They seem to have no concept on the difference between a televised major and a piss up tournament.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

BlueSpark wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:40 am A delight in store today for the fans packing out the tavern
I think it might look 'busy' later. The players who have to stay around until Monday: with free tickets they are sure to be there rather than in some local pub.
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

Who on earth decided this was a good weekend for the event. BDO or Eurosport.

Crazy to have this up on pay TV the same weekend the PDC have a professionally run event for free on ITV4.

They are going to be slaughtered in the ratings.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Si Robin wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:57 am She's absolutely not bitter about Barbados :DDD: Also, I didn't think Dawn was hypercritical, she seemed just the normal amount of critical.
Is this posted on her face book or fanatics?

And do you reckon the jacklins are going to self-destruct seeing that they struggle with criticism?
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

TT on fanatics.

I am pretty staggered by some of the posts concerning the World Masters; my original post wasn’t personal against anyone, just an overview of the circumstances and definitely the future ramifications the company, our company the BDO will undoubtedly suffer.

I have over many years had to put up with a constant ear bashing by “The Players” concerning how incompetent the county delegates are, saying all the ills of the BDO are down to them, that they don’t have a clue about the tour! Shouldn’t have a say! It should be left to the players! Because they are best placed to understand the tour and its complexities!

Well hello, well done players, good job, you have shown your real colours, trying to justify throwing your own set of rules, rules of which the county delegates have had no say in, out the window with the bath water, and worse, even worse trying to justify doing it.
What about the BDO rules director, has toed the party line on preventing the county delegates from any involvement in creating these rules, where was he in all this? After all he wrote these living breathing rules.

I have no wish whatsoever to focus of the removal of anyone from office; it seems we make one step forward then 10 back. Many of the players will not care because here it is again “I’m going to Q-School”, but there are many people like myself who do care, who are not going to Q-School, who will be there to pick up the pieces, to try and cater for the majority, the majority who were well and truly shafted this weekend by the few, and I don’t wear the argument the players shouldn’t have been put in that position, absolutely they shouldn’t, but it didn’t prevent them voting to disregard the rules, probably some of the same players at other events around Europe are quite vocal, demanding re-draws when infringements of the same rules they have now decided to abandon.

To finish I go back to the alleged “useless and incompetent County officials”, not one of them, not one over 40 odd years would have voted to put ghost players in the draw, so if that is being incompetent then sign me up today.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:58 am
If it turns out to be as awful is it looks like it might be, I'm sure Eurosport will have some old rally driving footage in their acrchives they can just randomly put on instead.
Would you believe there is nearly 20 hours of repeats scheduled for the masters. Oh and 1 hour world darts trophy.