Chaos and disaster-2019 One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Re: One80 LStyle World Masters 2019 - Eurosport TV Matches

Post by Astonvilla »

Been a good day of darts. Much better than watching the likes of Harms, Mitchell or Robson. Very entertaining.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Obviously the fella on about ‘excellent production’ is taking the piss.

Seen better stage setups at exhibitions in the local pub. Not to mention it constantly cutting out for technical difficulties.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Problem is some folk in the bdo think only fools and horses was a documentary.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

No camera shots missed unlike the other event on...
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

DavidB wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:43 pm No camera shots missed unlike the other event on...
Yep on the wind up.

Just umpteen losses of transmission.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

People can’t see the wood for the trees, I’ve barely watched the other event and there have been several missed camera shots, shocking.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

DavidB wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:51 pm People can’t see the wood for the trees, I’ve barely watched the other event and there have been several missed camera shots, shocking.
I did try to reply, but had some technical difficulties in viewing your post.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

TheSandman wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:10 pm
DavidB wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:51 pm People can’t see the wood for the trees, I’ve barely watched the other event and there have been several missed camera shots, shocking.

:grin: :grin:
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

:grin: :grin:
nikkiboy
International

Re: Chaos and disaster-One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Post by nikkiboy »

You'll always be le tosseurs to me lol.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
SAFC
Superleague Player

Post by SAFC »

:grin:
xtreme rebel
County Player

Re: Chaos and disaster-One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Post by xtreme rebel »

Good luck to the two Cork City lads in the 1/4 finals today, Ciarán Teehan and John O’Shea.
Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

Thought there was some cracking darts yesterday. John O'Shea was fantastic after hitting that 147 checkout to turn the game around. Mario and Jeff's game was fantastic as well, and it's a shame they met so early in the tournament. I've a feeling Scott Waites will come through by utilising his big match experience, but any of the quarter-finalists could sneak the win.

It's a shame that the quality of the games get missed because of the board's continuous ability to fuck things up.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Finals Day: Schedule of play

Ladies Semi Finals : best of 9 legs

12:00 Lisa Ashton V Kasumi Sato
12:30 Anastasia Dobromyslova V Lorraine Winstanley

Men's Quarter Finals: best of 7 sets best of 3 legs

13:00 Graham Usher V Mario Vandenbogaerde
13:55 John O'Shea V Neil Duff
14:50 Ciaran Teehan V Michael Warburton
15:45 Scott Waites V Carl Hamilton

Evening session:

Men's Semi Finals: best of 9 sets best of 3 legs

18:00 Usher/Vandenbogaerde Vs O'Shea/Duff
19:10 Teehan/Warburton V Waites/Hamilton

Ladies Final: best of 9 legs

20:20 Ashton/Sato V Dobromyslova/Winstanley

Mens Final: best of 11 sets best of 3 legs

21:00 Usher/Vandenbogaerde/O'Shea/Duff V Teehan/Warburton/Waites/Hamilton
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

ChrisW wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:09 pm
Skewball wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:06 pm
spaceman70 wrote:
Skewball wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:24 pm
BlueSpark wrote:Jesus, the venue looking very sparse no atmosphere at all.
They expected people to pay £15 to watch a session of this?
Just for fun i switched from ITV 4 to europst to show the wife. She actually burst out laughing....ImageImageImage
In my honest opinion now it’s time for the BDO to close down, re-open and completely rebrand its self as the amateur/grassroots side of the game. Stop calling itself professional, charge a nominal membership fee to all players and build from the ground up. It would probably actually find support from the PDC in doing so.
Yup, that's exactly what they should do. Been saying it for a while.
Nothing wrong with there being a televised amateur world championships , would be great. The rest of the year they should focus on grass roots.
Isn't that what they are doing?
yes this is what they are doing, more so here, if you enjoy yanking your plank over 100 averages then not for you, if you enjoy watching a broader spectrum of players slightly better than your own ability are & think hey i could have a bash at that then this showcases a way into darts, i think eurosport see it as the latter the main issue is the tribal vested interests within the bdo need to come together
Demolition_fan
Pub Champion

Post by Demolition_fan »

Game set and match, there
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Finally people are getting it

“Chris, you and many others still appear to not recognise that thia contract is what alas will almost certainly kill the BDO, certainly financially.

We are as I understand it legally committed to what was a series of 9 Eurosport events but without the funds to do so, whether that be in production costs and or the banked capital to pay out the run ING costs never mind the prize money.

Where do people really think that huge shortfall is going to come from and worse, in answering that one what do people then think the commercial reality of that will be.

Sure this weeks events have not done our stock any good, and yes Des will hve to take all that on the chin, but our demise, our downward journey has been happening for years, its just that few of our supporters wanted to see or failed to realise what was being played out in front of their eyes.

In short, the realistic, almost inevitable commercial warnings and the consequences of not heeding those warnings have been there for years and is all oh to quickly coming to a head.

As a staunch BDO supporter, I pray I am wrong, but starting again - from scratch may, at some time in the very near future become not a choice but an inevitable necessity”

Posted by the iom account
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Tickets are now free for today to try and get people in
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

So you have early finishes all week and now your going to play your final at 9pm at the earliest and not have a presentation until about half 10?

The room is going to be empty
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Finally people are getting it

“Chris, you and many others still appear to not recognise that thia contract is what alas will almost certainly kill the BDO, certainly financially.

We are as I understand it legally committed to what was a series of 9 Eurosport events but without the funds to do so, whether that be in production costs and or the banked capital to pay out the run ING costs never mind the prize money.

Where do people really think that huge shortfall is going to come from and worse, in answering that one what do people then think the commercial reality of that will be.

Sure this weeks events have not done our stock any good, and yes Des will hve to take all that on the chin, but our demise, our downward journey has been happening for years, its just that few of our supporters wanted to see or failed to realise what was being played out in front of their eyes.

In short, the realistic, almost inevitable commercial warnings and the consequences of not heeding those warnings have been there for years and is all oh to quickly coming to a head.

As a staunch BDO supporter, I pray I am wrong, but starting again - from scratch may, at some time in the very near future become not a choice but an inevitable necessity”

Posted by the iom account
Howard