Chaos and disaster-2019 One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Addicks Fan
County Player

Re: One80 LStyle World Masters 2019 - Eurosport TV Matches

Post by Addicks Fan »

ChrisW wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:50 pm
ILAD wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:55 pm A disaster from start to finish. How much money has this cost?
Our resident accountant will submit his figures tomorrow.
I can't wait :roll:

As long as he remembers the approx £15,000 from entry fees for the World Masters and Pro that will offset some of the gargantuan losses made by this staging of the world's oldest major...
Addicks Fan
County Player

Re: Chaos and disaster-One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Post by Addicks Fan »

ssjsa wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:04 am Just got in having travelled back from Tenerife, so have not been on Twitter as I am watching tonight's darts on Sky+ and was wondering if the interview with Des Jacklin actually took place.
No-one knows - if he did give an interview, it'll be worth listening to, whether he is telling porky pies or not!
ILAD
International

Re: Chaos and disaster-One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Post by ILAD »

ssjsa wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:04 am Just got in having travelled back from Tenerife, so have not been on Twitter as I am watching tonight's darts on Sky+ and was wondering if the interview with Des Jacklin actually took place.
Nothing has surfaced as yet.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Addicks Fan wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:06 am
ILAD wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:55 pm A disaster from start to finish. How much money has this cost?
I can't wait :roll:

As long as he remembers the approx £15,000 from entry fees for the World Masters and Pro that will offset some of the gargantuan losses made by this staging of the world's oldest major...
Remove the fake names and you can half that figure.....
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Tomorrow by the looks of it.

Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

It’ll be everyone else’s fault apart from his own.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

:grin:
xtreme rebel
County Player

Re: Chaos and disaster-2019 One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Post by xtreme rebel »

What’s the Challenge trophy that John O’Shea holds for 1 year?
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: Chaos and disaster-2019 One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ILAD wrote:A disaster from start to finish. How much money has this cost?
I’d guess at about £60k

£10 in entry fees probably covers the hiring of 2 venues, production fees and broadcasting fees so your looking at the whole prize fund being lost (hence why they was so keen to put a contract in front of you saying If you did this or that you wasn’t getting paid)

Add on the losses for the wdt (which we can assume was pretty high when you consider players only got paid this month) nd its not been a good first year.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
I’d guess at about £60k

£10 in entry fees probably covers the hiring of 2 venues, production fees and broadcasting fees so your looking at the whole prize fund being lost (hence why they was so keen to put a contract in front of you saying If you did this or that you wasn’t getting paid)

Add on the losses for the wdt (which we can assume was pretty high when you consider players only got paid this month) nd its not been a good first year.
Going by estimates that Paul has used in the past and actual Masters losses in the last then probably closer to £80k
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Skewball wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
I’d guess at about £60k

Going by estimates that Paul has used in the past and actual Masters losses in the last then probably closer to £80k
Venue and production costs would be less than the past.

Can’t imagine circuits tavern would be asking for a lot to hire out compared to brid spa and others

And Eurosport was only taking an internet stream (hence the problems)
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

31'30" Des interview starts
mshaw2
Superleague Player

Post by mshaw2 »

Excellent production, cracking darts and another winner off the conveyor belt. The BDO really is in great health.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Not resigning. Just a 'bad day'.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
I’d guess at about £60k

Venue and production costs would be less than the past.

Can’t imagine circuits tavern would be asking for a lot to hire out compared to brid spa and others

And Eurosport was only taking an internet stream (hence the problems)
Which Masters are you comparing to? I cant see production and venue costs being much less at all to be honest, especially production, it was a pretty full on OB set up. And of course Eurosport probably gave BDO diddly squat. (And any money they did pay would have been creamed off by Sportotal who probably actually have the contract anyway.
bovvered
The Ton Club

Post by bovvered »

No fake names , all rumours he knew nothing!
😂😂😂
dartsweekly
The Ton Club

Post by dartsweekly »

Episode 128 of the Weekly Dartscast podcast and it's our finals day at the World Masters Special with guests John O'Shea, Lisa Ashton, Des Jacklin, Paul Nicholson, John Gwynne and Paul Booth

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

"Somebody not myself and I'm not going to say who it was. But I take full responsibilty"

Fair enough :)
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

So in conclusion

Says he knew nothing about the fake names despite admitting on Thursday

Says only two players were forced to sign contracts when it was confirmed on fanatics that the seeds had to sign it

Says it was only so they had to give up their place at the o2 when the contract says not paying out as well

Says the grand slam was picked by the pdc and not him