Chaos and disaster-2019 One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Skewball
International

Re: Chaos and disaster-2019 One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Post by Skewball »

Dorsetdarter wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:55 pm Skewy...These days haven't a clue... I costed one 4 or 5 years ago and £40K for a weekend event would have covered it.....at a push (i was quite ruthless with the costing also to keep it low)
Crew and expenses are probably the dearest bit...A freelance cameraman is £275-300+ per day these days, excluding travel and subsistence...With this set up, 3 of the cameras are remote operated by 1 person and a pile of presets... so prob 4 0r 5 Live camera ops, inc one on the jib, Vision mixer/Director, Sound ops x 2, Camera Engineer, Playback and record ops.. so you can see how the price can soon rack up. Kit can always be got with hefty discounts if you know where to go (even in the broadcast circles).

Stage set was awful, we would rarely use black in live events, as it can't be lit....you can't polish a turd...so to speak, it also needed to be wider to hide all the boxes that were upended to stage left of it...clearly in camera shot.
Then add the cost of Monitors and projection, which enables the audience to see and interact with whats going on...and of course people to rig them and look after them.

back to lurking ;-)
cheers,

keep posting!! :darts
devosteve
International

Re: Chaos and disaster-2019 One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Post by devosteve »

So is des saying he did not the false name in? Someone quoted him on Thursday as admitting he did insert the names!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

devosteve wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:14 pm So is des saying he did not the false name in? Someone quoted him on Thursday as admitting he did insert the names!
He said all those people had gone on their recent North Cyprus jamboree and had infact also paid deposits for next year which you to can for the cheap cheap mega ultra deal if you like . He also then passed flyers around the studio for all and sundry to grab and be involved.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

If Des gets asked hard questions he may not let you come to his events again.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Seems like a pretty thankless task to me; not sure why Des - or anyone else for that matter - would want to do it. Don't know why they won't go to Hearn and come up with something. Incidentally I find it very hard to believe the PDC picked Wayne Warren and Richard Veenstra for the Grand Slam. I'm guessing Des is telling the truth when he states the names would have been different but not that much - they have been told the PDC wanted Durrant and Suzuki and have picked the rest.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Murphio wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:40 pm Seems like a pretty thankless task to me; not sure why Des - or anyone else for that matter - would want to do it. Don't know why they won't go to Hearn and come up with something. Incidentally I find it very hard to believe the PDC picked Wayne Warren and Richard Veenstra for the Grand Slam. I'm guessing Des is telling the truth when he states the names would have been different but not that much - they have been told the PDC wanted Durrant and Suzuki and have picked the rest.
Not convinced they would have picked 2 ladies.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Murphio wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:40 pm Seems like a pretty thankless task to me; not sure why Des - or anyone else for that matter - would want to do it. Don't know why they won't go to Hearn and come up with something. Incidentally I find it very hard to believe the PDC picked Wayne Warren and Richard Veenstra for the Grand Slam. I'm guessing Des is telling the truth when he states the names would have been different but not that much - they have been told the PDC wanted Durrant and Suzuki and have picked the rest.
It seems to be well known now that the BDO picked 8 and the PDC then swapped out Nick Kenny and put in Durrant.
So Des is technically right if he's saying the 8 names would have been different if the BDO had picked.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

It's obvious that Durrant was a pick by the PDC not the BDO
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Like to say I was a decent player a good few years ago played for lancs an played around a lot of comps prob not enough ha but I do love the game and look on here to see what happening I have views like anyone over last week with all the flack that des Jacklin got to be honest reading everything you tend to get involved my opinion was that des was destroy the BDO but that's cus I was reading what was on here.

I have just listened to des Jacklin interview an I've got to say he's had a raw deal. he explains everything to detail an I think he's was pretty well thinking of BDO and bringing it forward. he wouldn't say all he said and lie cus he'd just hang himself figure of speech.

I believe what he said was the truth. think people just went out to have a go at the man. as I said I don't play now and I don't know des I'm just straight ening my out how I thought but only on what I read can say good luck des in the future of the BDO"

Looks like the interview is convincing this guy (fref carter) on fanatics. Though the response isn't pro des, yet.
Last edited by devosteve on Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

devosteve wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:16 pm Like to say I was a decent player a good few years ago played for lancs an played around a lot of comps prob not enough ha but I do love the game and look on here to see what happening I have views like anyone over last week with all the flack that des Jacklin got to be honest reading everything you tend to get involved my opinion was that des was destroy the BDO but that's cus I was reading what was on here.
I have just listened to des Jacklin interview an I've got to say he's had a raw deal he explains everything to detail an I think he's was pretty well thinking of BDO and bringing it forward he wouldn't say all he said and lie cus he'd just hang himself figure of speech I believe what he said was the truth think people just went out to have a go at the man as I said I don't play now and I don't know des I'm just straight ening my out how I thought but only on what I read can say good luck des in the future of the BDO"

Looks like the interview is convincing this guy on fanatics.
you understood this post??
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

I have put a couple of full stops in to make it clearer.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Just a hunch based on the spelling and grammar but were you schoolmates?"

For skewball. One guys response to this on fanatics.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

devosteve wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:23 pm Just a hunch based on the spelling and grammar but were you schoolmates?"

For skewball. One guys response to this on fanatics.
ouch.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

oche balboa wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:27 pm
Well yes, that is exactly what I said. Listening to Des, however, he implied the entire selection was not the BDO's. He is being liberal with the truth - the PDC may have insisted on Durrant and maybe one of the ladies (or maybe the BDO were going to pick Ashton and Suzuki anyway) but the rest were obviously BDO choices.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Chaos and disaster-2019 One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Yet more lies told over the weekend, Deano finds out the youths were never paid they were just asked for their bank details and would be told later

Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Murphio wrote:
Well yes, that is exactly what I said. Listening to Des, however, he implied the entire selection was not the BDO's. He is being liberal with the truth - the PDC may have insisted on Durrant and maybe one of the ladies (or maybe the BDO were going to pick Ashton and Suzuki anyway) but the rest were obviously BDO choices.
As i said above, pdc took out nick Kenny and put in Glen.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Skewball wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:30 pm
Murphio wrote:
I have no problem with that - not picking their reigning world champion would have been ridiculous imo regardless of where he now plays and would have undermined the whole event which was meant to incorporate all the winners of all the big events. To listen to Des, though, you'd have thought the BDO had no input into the selection and it is obvious that simply isn't true. Going forward the PDC must stipulate the BDO include the World Master(s) and World champion(s) regardless of where they play their darts. So effectively the PDC allocates four potential places as it does with its own major events and the BDO picks whatever is left.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Murphio wrote:
Skewball wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:30 pm
Murphio wrote:
I have no problem with that - not picking their reigning world champion would have been ridiculous imo regardless of where he now plays and would have undermined the whole event which was meant to incorporate all the winners of all the big events. To listen to Des, though, you'd have thought the BDO had no input into the selection and it is obvious that simply isn't true. Going forward the PDC must stipulate the BDO include the World Master(s) and World champion(s) regardless of where they play their darts. So effectively the PDC allocates four potential places as it does with its own major events and the BDO picks whatever is left.
Indeed, it was amusing how he worded it !
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

I'd say Ashton probably thought she would get the invite last year and was then odds on to get it this year. I don't think they thought Suzuki would win and to include Ashton and not the World Womens Champ would be a struggle to explain.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:36 am So in conclusion

Says he knew nothing about the fake names despite admitting on Thursday

Says only two players were forced to sign contracts when it was confirmed on fanatics that the seeds had to sign it

Says it was only so they had to give up their place at the o2 when the contract says not paying out as well

Says the grand slam was picked by the pdc and not him
Had already read the content but just listened to the Des Jacklin interview. What a croc of shit. He was evasive, stammering and the pièce de résistance was he thinks he has delivered everything he promised. :omg:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner