Chaos and disaster-2019 One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
oche balboa
International

Re: Chaos and disaster-2019 One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Post by oche balboa »

devosteve wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:36 pm
oche balboa wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:12 am
BlueSpark wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:30 am Did they seriously only flog 80 tickets for this?
Yes pre-event
Oche, any chance you can give us your verdict on the event, seeing that you were there.

What was the venue and atmosphere like?

Cheers.
Friday Afternoon was decent, A lot of dutch were in and it was fairly lively

Friday night wasn't great
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
oche balboa
International

Re: Chaos and disaster-2019 One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Post by oche balboa »

But i will say Paul Booth is a very good MC & works the crowd (of what it is) well.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

oche balboa wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:19 pm But i will say Paul Booth is a very good MC & works the crowd (of what it is) well.
I don't think he comes across on the TV that well... But to be honest the MC is not important to TV viewers if there's a good crowd in and a good atmosphere.. even the best matches need an atmosphere to actually make good TV
County Player

Post by 1205 »

trotter01 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:54 pm
oche balboa wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:19 pm But i will say Paul Booth is a very good MC & works the crowd (of what it is) well.
I don't think he comes across on the TV that well... But to be honest the MC is not important to TV viewers if there's a good crowd in and a good atmosphere.. even the best matches need an atmosphere to actually make good TV
He seems a bit unnatural. But, he's performing to an almost empty room.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Saw him at Blackburn. He's terrible. Like a Butlins Redcoat. Constantly appealing for anything and everything to be given a "lovely round of applause".

Straight out of the early 1970s, so should fit in well with the BDO.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Deano confirmed on Facebook that the youths wernt paid a penny
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:04 am Deano confirmed on Facebook that the youths wernt paid a penny
Does that surprise anyone?

Can’t trust a word that comes out desperate jacklins mouth.

He should have resigned the Monday after the masters. Gross misconduct, fraudulent activities, abuse of power, rigged draws. I’m sure there’s many more I’m forgetting.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:04 am Deano confirmed on Facebook that the youths wernt paid a penny
Disgraceful. He's almost as dishonest as BoJo.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Well, that would further explain why Bennett and Greaves didn't play.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

TheSandman wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:15 am

He should have resigned the Monday after the masters. Gross misconduct, fraudulent activities, abuse of power, rigged draws. I’m sure there’s many more I’m forgetting.
You forgot being married to an offensive wife

Out of interest whom would you consider better to take over and run it ? How do you propose to get out of the contracts that Des has strangled the BDO with for years to come ?
bovvered
The Ton Club

Post by bovvered »

They will just fold one company and continue with the other maybe.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

bovvered wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:52 pm They will just fold one company and continue with the other maybe.
Then how do you think it then pans out with any existing good business relationships they have ? This would burn the bridges for ever with the ONLY company that is willing at present to give them any TV time.
Do you think any reputable sponsor would then come onboard with them again or as new one knowing that they used shady business practices to not honour existing contracts ?
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

el_ringo wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:33 pm
bovvered wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:52 pm They will just fold one company and continue with the other maybe.
Then how do you think it then pans out with any existing good business relationships they have ? This would burn the bridges for ever with the ONLY company that is willing at present to give them any TV time.
Do you think any reputable sponsor would then come onboard with them again or as new one knowing that they used shady business practices to not honour existing contracts ?
They have no good business relationships worth a penny, if they did then this forum would be a very quiet place.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
minimalist
Feather Flights

Post by minimalist »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:40 am
Saw him at Blackburn. He's terrible. Like a Butlins Redcoat. Constantly appealing for anything and everything to be given a "lovely round of applause".

I completely agree. Mediocre Butlins. I find it really irritating that he needs to read from cue cards too. I mean, you have 6 things to remember, 2 names (if you can't remember them, heaven help you), 2 nicknames (or you just do the Fitzmaurice trick of 'a man from (insert home town/country)') and 2 titles assuming both players have won one.

I'm not saying it's easy but, man, he looks so unnatural it's unreal. With someone like Little Richard, you can see he loves the sport and just knows who these people are, he doesn't need cue cards. Plus, he's probably bothered to research beforehand.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

minimalist wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:20 pm

I completely agree. Mediocre Butlins. I find it really irritating that he needs to read from cue cards too. I mean, you have 6 things to remember, 2 names (if you can't remember them, heaven help you), 2 nicknames (or you just do the Fitzmaurice trick of 'a man from (insert home town/country)') and 2 titles assuming both players have won one.

I'm not saying it's easy but, man, he looks so unnatural it's unreal. With someone like Little Richard, you can see he loves the sport and just knows who these people are, he doesn't need cue cards. Plus, he's probably bothered to research beforehand.
Except Little Richard uses cue cards.
minimalist
Feather Flights

Post by minimalist »

ChrisW wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:21 pm

I think you'll find he might have done but 99% of the time, he doesn't
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Absolutely spot on.
Great first post. You've clearly seen him MC. It's full on, holiday camp garbage.

Look forward to more of the same! Hopefully you're not one of our regular multiples :D :D
minimalist
Feather Flights

Post by minimalist »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:24 pm

Absolutely spot on.
Great first post. You've clearly seen him MC. It's full on, holiday camp garbage.

Look forward to more of the same! Hopefully you're not one of our regular multiples :D :D
Not a multiple, I'm afraid. Darts lover, full time lurker. Used to be a big poster on AndyFair's old board in the early naughties (depressing that's 17 years ago). Thought I'd share my worthless twopenneth again.

Anyhow, hi!
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

minimalist wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:23 pm

Even posted on social media his regular routine of making them.
Just doesn't read from them on stage normally.
minimalist
Feather Flights

Post by minimalist »

ChrisW wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:28 pm
minimalist wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:23 pm

Even posted on social media his regular routine of making them.
Just doesn't read from them on stage normally.
Well that's exactly my point, don't read from them on stage.