Mardle on the BDO and Jacklin

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
el_ringo
County Player

Re: Mardle on the BDO and Jacklin

Post by el_ringo »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:23 pm That's where it all started.....ironic eh?
Only if you are uneducated

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2017/10/11/25-y ... irst-event

Is where it all started for the WDC
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Taking out the major TV events, the BDO and WDF system combined incorporates around 120 senior mens singles tournaments in around 45 countries; probably rising to around 400 if you include all pairs, ladies, youth, triples events.

If the BDO were to fold, I'm sure the PDC will need to integrate and revamp at least some of these events into their existing schedule, primarily expanding their regional tours, although I'm sure the WDF themselves and the NGBs would have something to say about that. Many of these events are in North America and Europe; the former could be incorporated into the CDC schedule, or expanding part thereof. The latter could be the start of a European Challenge Tour, expanding the N&B tour and maybe starting an Eastern Europe tour. Only the PDC can keep these tournaments viable.

All non-singles tournaments, in my opinion would need to go. For me, the ladies tour would need to be reduced down to around 12-16 core events, but increased investment.

I'm sure County and Super League could manage themselves; how much that gets integrated would remain to be seen.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Dannyboy wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:30 pm Taking out the major TV events, the BDO and WDF system combined incorporates around 120 senior mens singles tournaments in around 45 countries; probably rising to around 400 if you include all pairs, ladies, youth, triples events.

If the BDO were to fold, I'm sure the PDC will need to integrate and revamp at least some of these events into their existing schedule, primarily expanding their regional tours, although I'm sure the WDF themselves and the NGBs would have something to say about that. Many of these events are in North America and Europe; the former could be incorporated into the CDC schedule, or expanding part thereof. The latter could be the start of a European Challenge Tour, expanding the N&B tour and maybe starting an Eastern Europe tour. Only the PDC can keep these tournaments viable.

All non-singles tournaments, in my opinion would need to go. For me, the ladies tour would need to be reduced down to around 12-16 core events, but increased investment.

I'm sure County and Super League could manage themselves; how much that gets integrated would remain to be seen.
The PDC do not need to do anything.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage: