The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
BDO Brad
The Ton Club

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by BDO Brad »

Murphio wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:51 pm That crowd is truly embarrassing.
An embarrassing crowd is one that chants about footballing brothers and not being taken home because they want to stay and drink all the beer.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Black Velvet »

Quick! Someone accuse someone of being Rout!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Black Velvet wrote:Quick! Someone accuse someone of being Rout!
What a truly Harrowing thought!
Big Jock Knew
deathrides
Steady Sixties

Post by deathrides »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:32 pm
DavidB wrote:
devosteve wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:30 pm Genuine question. Out of interest (I am not actually bothered) were do players stand with their shirts re copyright? Mr Ben. The joker.

I know they are not selling them so not an issue from that point.

O’Shea playing like his nickname at present...
How did he win the masters, he’s about as average as you can be
You don't need to be much more than that. There's been some decent performances so far, but the highest ranked players were Parletti and Williams and they were both average.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

World Master averaging 76
One leg so far out of SEVENTEEN under 15 darts
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Word on the free tickets for counties. These will NOT be making a vast difference to attendance, if any.

A) 6 tickets per county only
B) These tickets must all be for one session only (I.e. not 3 for one session and 3 for another)
C) Tickets MUST be collected by chair of said county, no exceptions - ID needed
D) Tickets MUST be collected from the box office during a one hour window before the doors open for the session being attended and at no other time.

Anyone else think these huge volumes will be being used and making a difference to the attendance?
Travers
Feather Flights

Post by Travers »

If the size of the crowd impacts on your enjoyment of the product than that is your problem, nobody elses. Good darts is good darts and I have enjoyed the matches so far. I wonder if the whingers also think Part/Shepherd was better than Taylor/RVB the year previously because it was held in a larger venue?
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Travers wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:08 pm If the size of the crowd impacts on your enjoyment of the product than that is your problem, nobody elses. Good darts is good darts and I have enjoyed the matches so far. I wonder if the whingers also think Part/Shepherd was better than Taylor/RVB the year previously because it was held in a larger venue?
Oh, we have another one.
Tommy T-Rex
The Ton Club

Post by Tommy T-Rex »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:06 pm Word on the free tickets for counties. These will NOT be making a vast difference to attendance, if any.

B) These tickets must all be for one session only (I.e. not 3 for one session and 3 for another)
D) Tickets MUST be collected from the box office during a one hour window before the doors open for the session being attended and at no other time.

Anyone else think these huge volumes will be being used and making a difference to the attendance?
E) Ticket collector must be wearing a white mac, grey slacks, a black trilby and be carrying a copy of the Dail Mail.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:10 pm
Travers wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:08 pm If the size of the crowd impacts on your enjoyment of the product than that is your problem, nobody elses. Good darts is good darts and I have enjoyed the matches so far. I wonder if the whingers also think Part/Shepherd was better than Taylor/RVB the year previously because it was held in a larger venue?
Oh, we have another one.
Must be Robson, I mean Rout, I mean Paddy.
Tommy T-Rex
The Ton Club

Post by Tommy T-Rex »

The size of the crowd impacts on the whole future of the BDO so shut the fuck up about it.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Good Laurel and Hardy documentary on Sky Arts
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Blimey some of those darts at a double were miles away
MrLil8
Pub Champion

Post by MrLil8 »

World Master, him? LOL SHITE.
Tommy T-Rex
The Ton Club

Post by Tommy T-Rex »

O'Shea sent packing back home to County Down.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:06 pm Word on the free tickets for counties. These will NOT be making a vast difference to attendance, if any.

So what you’re saying is the crowd will be mostly be made up of paid punters, no? :grin:
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

devosteve wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:01 pm Folk very defensive at the moment on fanatics. I get that. They are sick of negative comments.
But some are so positive about this and des leadership.

I have asked can they defend this crowd..its a flop.
Why the need to constantly go on about it?

We knew ticket sales were going to be poor. It's hardly a revelation.
Tommy T-Rex
The Ton Club

Post by Tommy T-Rex »

MrLil8 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:14 pm World Master, him? LOL SHITE.
Worst World Master since the last one.
Vriezzer
Pub Champion

Post by Vriezzer »

To survive, is to be victorious!
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

ChrisW wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:11 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:10 pm
Oh, we have another one.
Must be Robson, I mean Rout, I mean Paddy.
:D