The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
The Cat
International

Re: The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by The Cat »

Thehateful180 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:03 pm I hope you are all very proud of yourselves. Your constant negativity has dissuaded darts fans from buying tickets, and poor Dear has had to break a promise for the first time in his life, and cut the prize fund.
Dear dear.
Deleted User

Re: The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Deleted User »

BlueSpark wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:27 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:57 pm Can the words "unofficial" and "unregulated" be added to the thread title, please.

And the word "professional" removed?
Yes
:D
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

The Cat wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:31 pm
Thehateful180 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:03 pm I hope you are all very proud of yourselves. Your constant negativity has dissuaded darts fans from buying tickets, and poor Dear has had to break a promise for the first time in his life, and cut the prize fund.
Dear dear.
It's just a typo, Des boy.
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:42 pm
The Cat wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:31 pm
Dear dear.
It's just a typo, Des boy.
FFS!
ssjsa
International

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by ssjsa »

Reading on Twitter that Vicky Pruim will replace Fallon Sherrock.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

ssjsa wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:03 am Reading on Twitter that Vicky Pruim will replace Fallon Sherrock.
Have you spelt that right ;-)
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

I give it until 2pm in Saturday before somebody compares a BDO prelim game with a PDC final and saying the standard is a lot worse etc. Sadly this forum does attract the BDO haters.

To me, darts is darts and i will watch it and enjoy it. The standard IS NOT as good, we know that, but these are not full time professionals. It's like comparing Salford City with Manchester City in some respects. But I, and many others, enjoy it so bring it on.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Wazza180 wrote:I give it until 2pm in Saturday before somebody compares a BDO prelim game with a PDC final and saying the standard is a lot worse etc. Sadly this forum does attract the BDO haters.

To me, darts is darts and i will watch it and enjoy it. The standard IS NOT as good, we know that, but these are not full time professionals. It's like comparing Salford City with Manchester City in some respects. But I, and many others, enjoy it so bring it on.
Cheers, Mark.
Big Jock Knew
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

Ginge wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:05 pm
Wazza180 wrote:I give it until 2pm in Saturday before somebody compares a BDO prelim game with a PDC final and saying the standard is a lot worse etc. Sadly this forum does attract the BDO haters.

Cheers, Mark.
Why the insults and accusations? Where have they come from ? I have not in the slightest being rude to you so no need to have a go at me.
samtyler1973
Brass Darts

Post by samtyler1973 »

Wazza180 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:04 pm I give it until 2pm in Saturday before somebody compares a BDO prelim game with a PDC final and saying the standard is a lot worse etc. Sadly this forum does attract the BDO haters.

I have no problem with the BDO W/C but I do have the problem calling it Professional
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

samtyler1973 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:14 pm
Wazza180 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:04 pm I give it until 2pm in Saturday before somebody compares a BDO prelim game with a PDC final and saying the standard is a lot worse etc. Sadly this forum does attract the BDO haters.

I have no problem with the BDO W/C but I do have the problem calling it Professional
They are part time professionals.

But the real beauty of the BDO (which is its ethos now ) is that it is darts for everyone. Look how Barry tried to set up a Womens Championship but soon gave up when Anastasia didn't win it. The BDO welcomed her back as its good for the game.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Part time professionals!!!
Big Jock Knew
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

how is it darts for everyone when the women are barred from it?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Bomber wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:19 pm how is it darts for everyone when the women are barred from it?
They are not they can enter Q School :)
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

What a muppet
Trolling can be funny when done properly
This is just tragic
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

ssjsa wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:03 am Reading on Twitter that Vicky Pruim will replace Fallon Sherrock.

Well it was confirmed last night !!
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

I consider myself a darts fan and both follow and watch every darts event I can, regardless of code.

Have went to Vegas twice for the WSOD, Blackpool every year for the Matchplay and every PDC event in Scotland for the last 10 years. Would be equally as happy to go to a BDO event if work commitments allowed. Will definitely attend the 2020 Scottish Open and will try to attend the Granite City event in my hometown as well.

The vast majority of posters on this forum share my enthusiasm for darts in all codes, and have a pretty good understanding of the current status of both the PDC and BDO.

Currently the BDO is in a state of disarray, which is not surprising, given the leadership of that organisation are completely inept and totally devoid of any commercial awareness.

Feel sorry for the players, but they should be holding their county chairmen to account for voting Des Jacklin into office.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ssjsa wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:28 pm

I consider myself a darts fan and both follow and watch every darts event I can, regardless of code.

Have went to Vegas twice for the WSOD, Blackpool every year for the Matchplay and every PDC event in Scotland for the last 10 years. Would be equally as happy to go to a BDO event if work commitments allowed. Will definitely attend the 2020 Scottish Open and will try to attend the Granite City event in my hometown as well.

The vast majority of posters on this forum share my enthusiasm for darts in all codes, and have a pretty good understanding of the current status of both the PDC and BDO.

Currently the BDO is in a state of disarray, which is not surprising, given the leadership of that organisation are completely inept and totally devoid of any commercial awareness.

Feel sorry for the players, but they should be holding their county chairmen to account for voting Des Jacklin into office.
Wow. Agreed.
For the record, many counties did not vote for the horse braider.
Sadly, enough did.
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

John Rawling will be joined by Paul Nicholson, Tony O'Shea and John Gywnne for commentary. Matt Smith will be the presenter.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Wazza180 wrote:John Rawling will be joined by Paul Nicholson, Tony O'Shea and John Gywnne for commentary. Matt Smith will be the presenter.
Nat Coombs told them to fek off then.
Big Jock Knew