The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Black Velvet
County Player
Posts: 2584
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 1:56 am

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Black Velvet » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:54 am

Kind regards

Kind regards

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 4447
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:54 am

Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:17 am
What's 2k tax for?
because unlike self employed tax dodgers like you he actually discloses his income/earnings and pays tax on it. And the higher rate is 40%, again, you wouldnt know that because HMRC thinks you have never earned more than £12k a year............. !!!!
You don’t pay income tax on prize winnigs, only gains tax?

User avatar
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player
Posts: 3319
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:57 am
Location: Lancs

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:57 am

Why do they have to wait to announce the venue of the World Darts Trophy, surely it's at King Georges again?

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 9867
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by devosteve » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:59 am

"The bdo is in a very strong position"! Does he really believe this? it is at its weakest, why put this in the last paragraph?

And once again: more TV events in the pipeline, various sponsors ready to come on board.

Is he aware of the WDF decisions of recent times?
Blackburn Life 'BDO world trophy competition' winner.

bateleven
Brass Darts
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:50 pm

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by bateleven » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:59 am

Unbelievable. On the same day there was a 77% cut in winners prize money for the flagship event of the year, the CEO announces the company is in a "very strong position". Starting to think this could all be for a channel 4 comedy/prank show.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 64796
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Ginge » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:00 am

Who are all these sponsors then? Says it was too late for last week but he happily got Betbrokers announced the night before, and I spotted signs for Hammerhead (?) Hygiene and some Speedway team as well.

Man is full of shit.

Skewball
International
Posts: 7745
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Skewball » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:04 am

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:54 am
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:17 am
What's 2k tax for?
because unlike self employed tax dodgers like you he actually discloses his income/earnings and pays tax on it. And the higher rate is 40%, again, you wouldnt know that because HMRC thinks you have never earned more than £12k a year............. !!!!
You don’t pay income tax on prize winnigs, only gains tax?
???!
He will pay income tax on revenue minus expenditure. Most of the £3k he claims are costs he can probably set off against the winnings. He wont pay as much tax as he has claimed, but will be fair chunk depending on the rest of his annual earnings/costs etc.
Althoug of course he could claim its a hobby and pay no tax
Last edited by Skewball on Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 9867
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by devosteve » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:05 am

Jack Coy‎ to The Real BDO Fanatics
Can we stop going on about the prize fund now please? We know they didn't get a lot and that's it's not good enough,just leave it there"


Time to move on and leave this all behinds us according to this fanatic.

I think there is a bit more mileage in this story yet.
Blackburn Life 'BDO world trophy competition' winner.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 64796
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Ginge » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:06 am

I wish people would stop going on about how Pol Pot murdered thousands of his own citizens.

Buzz Fledderjohn
Pub Champion
Posts: 960
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:08 pm

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:06 am

This letter is just a re-hashed version of his election manifesto.

"Everything's shit, but that's not my fault. I've got loads of people waiting to give me money and it's going to be fantastic, you've just got to trust me"

The dead giveaway as to the likelihood of all this happening is the letter is from the "BDO Board of Directors".
If he thought for one minute there was the slightest chance of any of his promises coming to fruition, you can be sure the letter would have been signed "Des Jacklin, Chairman and CEO".

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 4447
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:06 am

Skewball wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:54 am
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:17 am
What's 2k tax for?
because unlike self employed tax dodgers like you he actually discloses his income/earnings and pays tax on it. And the higher rate is 40%, again, you wouldnt know that because HMRC thinks you have never earned more than £12k a year............. !!!!
You don’t pay income tax on prize winnigs, only gains tax?
???!
What I said, prize winnings in the uk are tax exempt

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 64796
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Ginge » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:08 am

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:06 am
Skewball wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:54 am
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:17 am
What's 2k tax for?
because unlike self employed tax dodgers like you he actually discloses his income/earnings and pays tax on it. And the higher rate is 40%, again, you wouldnt know that because HMRC thinks you have never earned more than £12k a year............. !!!!
You don’t pay income tax on prize winnigs, only gains tax?
???!
What I said, prize winnings in the uk are tax exempt
Surely this doesnt apply to sport winnings and only applies to lottery and gambling winnings?

Skewball
International
Posts: 7745
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Skewball » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:09 am

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:06 am
Skewball wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:54 am
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:17 am
What's 2k tax for?
because unlike self employed tax dodgers like you he actually discloses his income/earnings and pays tax on it. And the higher rate is 40%, again, you wouldnt know that because HMRC thinks you have never earned more than £12k a year............. !!!!
You don’t pay income tax on prize winnigs, only gains tax?
???!
What I said, prize winnings in the uk are tax exempt
not if it is more than a hobby or a lottery/prize etc. He will pay tax

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 24307
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Paddy McGinty » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:12 am

Skewball wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:40 am
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:17 am
What's 2k tax for?
because unlike self employed tax dodgers like you he actually discloses his income/earnings and pays tax on it. And the higher rate is 40%, again, you wouldnt know that because HMRC thinks you have never earned more than £12k a year............. !!!!
Well why is that relevant for just that one comp? surely that's spread throughout the tax year.

And by the way I pay income tax, vat and corporation tax. I don't invade like you lot, our country needs all the help it can get.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 64796
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Ginge » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:15 am

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:12 am
Skewball wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:40 am
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:17 am
What's 2k tax for?
because unlike self employed tax dodgers like you he actually discloses his income/earnings and pays tax on it. And the higher rate is 40%, again, you wouldnt know that because HMRC thinks you have never earned more than £12k a year............. !!!!
Well why is that relevant for just that one comp? surely that's spread throughout the tax year.

And by the way I pay income tax, vat and corporation tax. I don't invade like you lot, our country needs all the help it can get.
Well I would imagine sensible people who are self employed and have to do a tax return put aside a portion of any weekly/monthly/ad hoc income in order to pay the tax at the end of the year, rather than have to scramble around trying to find it after they have spent it.

Oh and its 2.15am, go to bed!

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 24307
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Paddy McGinty » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:17 am

Ginge wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:06 am
I wish people would stop going on about how Pol Pot murdered thousands of his own citizens.
His name is Saloth Sar you dimwit.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 24307
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Paddy McGinty » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:18 am

Ginge wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:15 am
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:12 am
Skewball wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:40 am
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:17 am
What's 2k tax for?
because unlike self employed tax dodgers like you he actually discloses his income/earnings and pays tax on it. And the higher rate is 40%, again, you wouldnt know that because HMRC thinks you have never earned more than £12k a year............. !!!!
Well why is that relevant for just that one comp? surely that's spread throughout the tax year.

And by the way I pay income tax, vat and corporation tax. I don't invade like you lot, our country needs all the help it can get.
Well I would imagine sensible people who are self employed and have to do a tax return put aside a portion of any weekly/monthly/ad hoc income in order to pay the tax at the end of the year, rather than have to scramble around trying to find it after they have spent it.

Oh and its 2.15am, go to bed!
Knobhead, I'm still in the UK.... :MAD:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 64796
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Ginge » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:19 am

When are you going then? Today?

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 24307
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Paddy McGinty » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:20 am

Ginge wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:19 am
When are you going then? Today?
No
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 64796
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Ginge » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:21 am

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:20 am
Ginge wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:19 am
When are you going then? Today?
No
Tomorrow?

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”