International

Re: Paul Booth is BDO’s new MC

Post by ChrisW »

SHOCKWAVES
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Confirmed as a woman. Shockwaves, or something.

The PDC experienced ones must have pulled out, or been a figment of his imagination.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Completing the line-up will be Yorkshire County caller Kerrie Compton, who will become the first female referee to grace the BDO stage as part of the official line-up.

In a break from the traditional all-male refereeing team, Kerrie’s appointment will reflect the current diversity of the BDO, which supports both the Men’s and the Ladies game at youth and senior level.

Kerrie has been involved with darts for the last nine years, from playing through to her involvement with the organising of local competitions and exhibitions in the local area.

This season, Kerrie took to the stage as the referee for BICC Premier County Champion’s Yorkshire and hasn’t looked back since. She has subsequently called at all the Yorkshire County home matches, the Yorkshire Classic and various league finals in and around the county.

Speaking on behalf of the BDO Chairman/CEO Des Jacklin expressed his delight at Kerrie’s appointment and at the completion or the new line-up of referees;

“The BDO found itself in a difficult situation a few weeks ago, however the response in terms of interested applicants for both MC and refereeing roles has been overwhelming.

We weren’t looking specifically for a female caller, but Kerrie’s credentials and her stage-presence made her a stand-out option and we are proud to be in a position to champion the first female darts referee to appear on TV for the BDO.

We cannot wait to work alongside the new MC and refereeing team, starting with the World Trophy in August!’

Kerrie also added:

“I am delighted to be given the opportunity to represent the BDO, and the chance to be the first female darts official to appear on tv. I am both nervous but very excited by this appointment and hope to make everyone proud. I look forward to working alongside the talent and other officials within the BDO and to meeting lots of new faces, as we help them to move forwards”.

You can see the new refereeing line-up, who will be calling for the top talent in the BDO at the upcoming World Trophy, which will take place at the King George’s Hall in Blackburn from 30th August to 1st Sept!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:
We weren’t looking specifically for a female caller, but I was getting pestered at home to do it, and since i can't meet her demand of equal pay for women I thought this would give me a good chance of getting in her good books again after I tried to slash the womens WDT prize fund"
Fixed
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Oh dear.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:Oh dear.
Probably an element of truth to it, tbh.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Well its got Ginge talking
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Been giddy for this thread all week.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ChrisW wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:38 am SHOCKWAVES
I will always remember where I was when this news shook up my world!

What was the quote: "and the chance to be the first female darts official to appear on tv". Err.....

At least des is enthusiastic and said in his interview this is how the BDO rolls from now on (all positive etc). I wonder if he was joking when he made the shock wave comment?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:42 am
ChrisW wrote:
I thought this would give me a good chance of getting in her good books again after I tried to slash the womens WDT prize fund"
Fixed
I do wonder if it wasn't a mistake when they revealed the prize fund but it was the original intention?
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

Ginge wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:37 am Confirmed as a woman. Shockwaves, or something.

The PDC experienced ones must have pulled out, or been a figment of his imagination.
You should have seen the look on Rod Harrington's face.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Oh, and they cant even get her name right. It is CROMPTON and not Compton....

ImageImage

Embarasing stuff.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

^^^now removed from Twitter after someone pointed this out. Amateurs.

Still up on FB though.
Big Jock Knew
Tommy T-Rex
The Ton Club

Post by Tommy T-Rex »

Complete and utter disgrace. No disabled refs,none in wheelchairs or on crutches, no blind refs, none with speech impediments and two from Yorkshire of all places!!! When did the elections take place? The once great democratic organisation is now reduced to a dictatorship. This is one of the darkest days in all my years as a democratically elected official.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Wow! all fixed. They are fast these days the new BDO lot.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

The Frontline? Isn't that a name for a flea killing product? And for killing ticks as well.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

devosteve wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:27 am The Frontline? Isn't that a name for a flea killing product?
Yep! And also the name for the place where all the shockwaves were felt during the war.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:06 am Oh, and they cant even get her name right. It is CROMPTON and not Compton....

ImageImage

Embarasing stuff.
How embarrassing
But not unexpected
mshaw2
Superleague Player

Post by mshaw2 »

Great to see Kez on the big stage. Deserves her chance.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Why they feel the need to make a poster with 4 total unknowns on it and 2 vaguely familiar names and then release it as if big news I don't know? Suppose the County callers will bring a few friends and family to watch if nothing else? All looks a bit desperate