Post by BlueSpark »

Quite right.
A score is ridiculous
oche balboa
International

Re: West Midlands Open (26th August)

Post by oche balboa »

And yet people expect the prize funds to be bigger
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:04 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:26 pm
oche balboa wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:51 am Entries now up to 146
Nae Benjamin Watts?
Ben cant take a break from some critical top level shagging
Thank you, Lt. George.
And it's crucial, not critical. :D

davidboyyellow
Feather Flights

Post by davidboyyellow »

I have it on very good authority that the legend that is David Green is entering this.

Hear he is very confident of adding this title to his last one of the DBG Teddy Bear Bedroom Cup which he won without losing a leg, and hitting 2 niners, both of which were interrupted by him going to the toilet after the first 6 darts in each leg.

And just so you know there was a bit of disruption outside the venue with Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury arguing, so the bold boy went to address the situation and following both of them failing to heed his warnings, he knocked both out. Just another normal Friday night.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

I’ll see him there for a chat.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Oh dear.....
This from Bag Carrier on "Fanatics"

"Well let's be the bad boy with the big mouth and tell the BDO and West Midlands darts some truths.

For the BDO to give a County Venue the status of BDO Cat B World ranking points is an absolute joke. The venue is not fit for over 200 players in the same day. Surely the BDO committee and I include all in that and Big D, They should sound out the venues and make sure they are adequate for the event they are holding. It's easy to throw money in and not have a suitable venue for the Cat of the event that's being run there. This committee are in place over 12 months and issues like this still arise, please dont blame time on this one and make yourselves accountable for this disaster.

16 boards for the men and ladies and NOT 1 practice board for the men or ladies that had to sit there and wait for 3/4hrs. You please tell me how this is fair and compares to event in the UK and Europe that hold Cat B events. It's an absolute disaster and disgrace that this can happen. How many ladies walked out the venue and went to the local pub to play as no practice boatds.

The temperature in the venue was unbearable(not the organisers fault) and with it being SO SMALL for a Cat B, players could not move, sit or even breath properly in there, Are we running these events for the players or for the profits of the club, You people who read this make ya mind up.

Just been in France for a Cat B and a Cat C event in a venue with 64 boards, Adequate seating and adequate bar and toilet facilities, Makes you wonder how events like this can happen.

Some people will say it's ok and it's all good, But speak to the people that are players and people that trade and play there game all over europe. To many snakes and people talking but no balls to stand up and defend what's going wrong.

I really dont like to rant like this, But if people and players dont speak out we will still have to accept events like this.

BDO WORLD RANKED EVENT SHOULD BE RUN BY COUNTRIES IN THE UK AND NEVER A COUNTY. COUNTIES ARE NOT BIG ENOHGH FOR WORLD RANKED EVENTS.

If anyone takes this personal then so be it, But this is aimed at the BDO board and the people that run the BDO and allow counties to have WORLD RANKED EVENTS. 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈"
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Go on Tony my son
Tell em how it is
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Any idea who won?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:23 pm Any idea who won?
The are still playing quarters :)
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Got there at 2.30 for a watch and a beer. Left at 2.40. Venue not big enough.
UKDA 4 Life
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Chicks not thrown a dart when I left. Spoke to one who'd got there at "8.30".
UKDA 4 Life
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Scandalous, especially when you have paid £20 for it.
Big Jock Knew
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Guards up.

Defend defend defend.

Makes ya laugh dont it.
JFT97
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Bag Carrier wrote:Guards up.

Defend defend defend.

Makes ya laugh dont it.
I assume some people have taken exception to your comments on Fanatics?
Big Jock Knew
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

The usual
JFT97
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:11 pm
Bag Carrier wrote:Guards up.

Defend defend defend.

Makes ya laugh dont it.
I assume some people have taken exception to your comments on Fanatics?
TT quite upset with this post. The key word he used was whinging players.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Is it not the same for all players in the event?
Let's be honest not many venues are fit for purpose,more so in the UK...I've played in some great venues and some piss poor ones,it's just part of it,it's been the case since year dot...only sports centers really or very large clubs could hold an event of that size..if they had any clout they would run the bars and hire the right places,but that's to much common sense "

Robbie green.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

So, as I attended today I have a couple of points.
Yes, the venue is too small.
But what you need to understand is that in order to have a West Midlands open there needs to be a venue willing to stage it and raise the money to meet the criteria.
If this venue hadn't then it would not have happened at all.
So the dilemma is do you have the event go ahead here (I'm still here Btw) or do you cancel it completely?
I say put it on and give people the choice, I assume all the naysayers didn't attend last year otherwise they would have boycotted it this year, though obviously they won't attend next year anyway.
Good luck to those still going.

ifm
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Once again we have the whinging about events from the same few players, we don’t like this we don’t like the other, the weather is too hot, the weather is too cold, the venue isn’t suitable, the beer is too dear, it’s too far to travel, we shouldn’t be playing on bank holidays, mother days, etc., the players should be in charge, you closed the entry too early, it’s too dear to enter, and the best one we should be looking after the players not looking after the venues profits and so on and so on. None of which addresses the bottom line, PROFIT, it isn’t a dirty word it’s a fact of life, I just wish for once the whinging players were responsible for actually sourcing venue, prize money, having to be responsible to shareholders.

If we use some of the analogies’ here the BDO would only be able to have a ranking system with actual BDO events in it because the BDO do not run 99% of the events in their system, they give points to others to provide a comprehensive system, basically for those who can afford to play in it, or are sponsored, along with dare I say it the casual event player.

If players don’t like what is on offer in the system, then I am sure come January they have a choice, and when they are there, and they are good enough to qualify, I am sure Barry Hearn, will look forward to the same whinging from the same players and will give 100% consideration in re-organise his company to suit, their continual moaning.

The venue in the West Midlands may have been exactly what people are moaning about, but you cannot schedule and event 12 months in front knowing full well that players will leave it until the last possible moment to enter, leaving the organisers no opportunity of resolving any issues, it is about time the players took some responsibility, and instead of the few well documented players moaning continually, sort themselves out and assist the organisers. I have come to the conclusion so many years ago, that darts would be great sport if it weren’t for some dart players, 99% understand the problems organisers have, and are willing to support them the others, and you can name them on a couple of hands, want everything and contribute nothing, only grief, and if this upsets some of them, well tough, because none of them have a scoobydoo about anything to do with organising an event, and what’s more will show no loyalty to anyone apart from themselves."

TT
Last edited by devosteve on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Loyalty klaxon!!!
Big Jock Knew