PDC Calendar 2020

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: PDC Calendar 2020

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:35 am
BlueSpark wrote:I would join you, however I am a poorly paid electrical engineer living on the breadline.
If I saved up for about 5 years, I could maybe afford it.

Hard times. Never mind.

Ha Ha.....Y Class.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

BlueSpark wrote:I would join you, however I am a poorly paid electrical engineer living on the breadline.

Hard times. Never mind.

Ha Ha.....Thomas Cook

Poor service
Poor service. We are in Las Vegas now. Its day 6 days and no sign of any rep. No message which in previous years when you didn't go to the meeting they would do.
Started at airport at Manchester. Sundown check in no longer available. Was told changed about 18 months ago never informed. Considering we booked this holiday in December 2017 and paid extra for Premium Service they could have had the decency to let us know. But no we show up the night before we flew out at Manchester airport to be told they don't do it anymore. Then we spend 11 hours flying expecting a rep at the airport in Las Vegas but was not greeted by anyone. In previous 3 visits we have done. Any issues we have had since we got here we have sorted ourselves as there has been absolutely no contact from anyone at Thomas Cook. This is making me think that they do not exist here anymore. I am pretty sure it says in the booking use of a Thomas Cook rep.
Don't think we will book with them again. Will have to see what the flight home is like.
Might have to book through virgin next time. Will be emailing Thomas Cook when I get back.

Worst holiday company avoid at all cost
I Would not even give one star if this was even an option. Me and my husband booked an all inclusive holiday to Egypt and paid £2500 in full as it was booked 4 weeks before. We was due to fly on 19th of August when the unexpected happened, my husband was involved in a serious road traffic accident. He would not be able to fly and in fact he his still in hospital a month later. Thomas cook kindly said I could go on the holiday and take someone else with me at another cost to myself, as to which I had to explain that I will need to look after my husband and I could not leave him in a critical state whilst I went on holiday. Thomas cook were not very understanding of my situation and told me there was nothing I could do, I either had to go on holiday or loose my £2500. No help what so ever and no way of even trying to appeal the holiday cost. I have been on many Thomas cook holidays in the past and I will certainly not be choosing them next time when we are able to go away again. To anyone who is reading this review please think carefully about getting travel insurance at time of booking as I don’t want anyone else to be in this horrible situation. Thomas cook where quick to take my money but less than helpful when I asked them for help.
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:51 am

Hard times. Never mind.

Ha Ha.....Thomas Cook

Poor service
Poor service. We are in Las Vegas now. Its day 6 days and no sign of any rep. No message which in previous years when you didn't go to the meeting they would do.
Started at airport at Manchester. Sundown check in no longer available. Was told changed about 18 months ago never informed. Considering we booked this holiday in December 2017 and paid extra for Premium Service they could have had the decency to let us know. But no we show up the night before we flew out at Manchester airport to be told they don't do it anymore. Then we spend 11 hours flying expecting a rep at the airport in Las Vegas but was not greeted by anyone. In previous 3 visits we have done. Any issues we have had since we got here we have sorted ourselves as there has been absolutely no contact from anyone at Thomas Cook. This is making me think that they do not exist here anymore. I am pretty sure it says in the booking use of a Thomas Cook rep.
Don't think we will book with them again. Will have to see what the flight home is like.
Might have to book through virgin next time. Will be emailing Thomas Cook when I get back.

I Would not even give one star if this was even an option. Me and my husband booked an all inclusive holiday to Egypt and paid £2500 in full as it was booked 4 weeks before. We was due to fly on 19th of August when the unexpected happened, my husband was involved in a serious road traffic accident. He would not be able to fly and in fact he his still in hospital a month later. Thomas cook kindly said I could go on the holiday and take someone else with me at another cost to myself, as to which I had to explain that I will need to look after my husband and I could not leave him in a critical state whilst I went on holiday. Thomas cook were not very understanding of my situation and told me there was nothing I could do, I either had to go on holiday or loose my £2500. No help what so ever and no way of even trying to appeal the holiday cost. I have been on many Thomas cook holidays in the past and I will certainly not be choosing them next time when we are able to go away again. To anyone who is reading this review please think carefully about getting travel insurance at time of booking as I don’t want anyone else to be in this horrible situation. Thomas cook where quick to take my money but less than helpful when I asked them for help.
Not sure why it is Thomas Cook's issue for the 2nd review. You should be aware that your travel insurance should be bought as soon as book your holiday and not the day before you are due to go.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:

Hard times. Never mind.

Ha Ha.....Y Class.
Was sat up the front in PE so not strictly true.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

fling wrote:

Hard times. Never mind.

Ha Ha.....Thomas Cook

Poor service

Not sure why it is Thomas Cook's issue for the 2nd review. You should be aware that your travel insurance should be bought as soon as book your holiday and not the day before you are due to go.
They must be thick as they typed "loose" instead of "lose". My biggest pet hate.

As for that first review, why the frig would you need to see a rep at the other end in this day and age? Bizarre.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:46 pm
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Hard times. Never mind.

Ha Ha.....Y Class.
Was sat up the front in PE so not strictly true.
If Carillion did holidays.......... :DDD:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

How much did your Upper Class flights cost on Virgin to come out here next year, mate?
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:44 pm How much did your Upper Class flights cost on Virgin to come out here next year, mate?
Paddy travels working class
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

People spelling lose as "loose" deserve all they get.
They should also be shot and deported.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:45 pm
Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:44 pm How much did your Upper Class flights cost on Virgin to come out here next year, mate?
Cattle class....... to be precise......
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Cattle class you say?
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:44 pm
ChrisW wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:45 pm
Cattle class....... to be precise......
Kudos all the same. Keep those 'upper class' toffs in their thrones.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Hard times. Never mind.

Ha Ha.....Thomas Cook
Where is your empathy?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Just landed back so hard luck if anyone thought i was going to be left stranded
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

I prayed for your safe landing last night before putting on my jimjams.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:12 am Just landed back so hard luck if anyone thought i was going to be left stranded Image
I was praying...... that you would.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:41 pm
Ginge wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:12 am Just landed back so hard luck if anyone thought i was going to be left stranded Image
Hard luck. Did just get an email off them though to fill in a survey. "On a scale of 1 to 10, how likely would you use Thomas Cook Airlines again?"

Erm....
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:51 pm
Hard luck. Did just get an email off them though to fill in a survey. "On a scale of 1 to 10, how likely would you use Thomas Cook Airlines again?"

Erm....
No I never fly with dodgy, cramped budget airlines.......... where did you stay in a tent?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:32 am

Erm....
No I never fly with dodgy, cramped budget airlines.......... where did you stay in a tent?
Cramped? Premium was lovely mate. You stick to your Virgin economy seats out the back, peasant!
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:38 am
Paddy McGinty wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:32 am

Erm....
Cramped? Premium was lovely mate. You stick to your Virgin economy seats out the back, peasant!
Virgin offer a much better premium package, Thomas cook premium is equivalent to aeroflot toilet seat travel.