The now Unofficial and Unsanctioned BDO "Worlds" Tickets 2020 Updates

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: The now Unofficial and Unsanctioned BDO "Worlds" Tickets 2020 Updates

Post by Ginge »

Skewball wrote:
el_ringo wrote:It might well be a case of whom ever will now do it for them wants the money up front and the BDO don;t have the cash to pay them
That's exactly what has happened with the Dutch Conpany .
Input/Gravity Media (whatever they are called) dont sound very Dutch Image
Big Jock Knew
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

I'm sure it will be on but Eurosport would need a standards guarantee surely... They are a major TV channel with Discovery ownership and their production standards are higher than they used to be.. and I'm sure the contract can be broken if standards cannot be met
I still think it will be on there but you never know
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

Lowland Bloke wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:16 pm
Wazza180 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:56 pm
Wazza180 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:24 am

Work doesn't stop because you are on holiday. Welcome to the year 2019 where emails and mobile phones exist. I am just saying that Jacklin inherited a situation that anyone would struggle to handle.

I'm not defending the BDO or its current administration as such. I just don't understand why so many on this board, and other darts exchanges, take so much joy in the BDO's struggles. It's more than a bit nasty and the BDO folding would not help anyone, Still it takes all sorts to make the world.
Excuse me, I never claimed that Des is going to turn it around. I don't know whether he will or won't

I don't expect anyone to bury their heads in the sand either. All I said was that the negativity towards the BDO, which usually involves laughing at their misfortune, does nothing to help.
Has nothing to do we laughing at their misfortune. It has everything to do with their acting. The draw with fake names. Proved all last 17 entries at the ladies where no shows in game... Countries have to bring on their players for the Masters. In Holland we don't have anyone called Petra Tane playing darts anywhere. Some other players dito in their suggested countries. Asking top 16 players what to do with draw done? Not done, you have to apply the rules which should be written in stone. Changing rules during a season? Foxtrot Otto. They are a spitting iomage of theirselves.

Countries and the WDf finally act and react the way they should have done before.
Yes, Jacklin has made mistakes. Some terrible mistakes, in fact.

Still, let's be honest there are many who have the knives out for the BDO organisation. What other sport has fans ringing up venues asking for ticket sales? You don't get Liverpool fans ringing up Old Trafford asking how many tickets Man Utd have sold for a FA Cup tie.

I am just saying that the fan negativity doesn't help the game. It spreads throughout social media and puts people off. I guess the BDO administration are to blame in the end but many of the fans do not help.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Are you crying, mate?
Big Jock Knew
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

I txt messaged a few people last night. They have heard nothing about Eurosport dropping the BDO World Championship. I am not saying that Oche Balboa is telling fibs, yet I suspect he's only been told half the story. There is no reason for Eurosport to not broadcast the BDO World Championship. The only way it gets cancelled is if the entire event is cancelled, which is unlikely to happen at this stage.

Think a bit please.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Yup, definitely Robson.
Big Jock Knew
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Wazza180 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:53 am I txt messaged a few people last night. They have heard nothing about Eurosport dropping the BDO World Championship. I am not saying that Oche Balboa is telling fibs, yet I suspect he's only been told half the story. There is no reason for Eurosport to not broadcast the BDO World Championship. The only way it gets cancelled is if the entire event is cancelled, which is unlikely to happen at this stage.

Think a bit please.
Either that or the BDO have no one to film it.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

trotter01 wrote:I'm sure it will be on but Eurosport would need a standards guarantee surely... They are a major TV channel with Discovery ownership and their production standards are higher than they used to be.. and I'm sure the contract can be broken if standards cannot be met
I still think it will be on there but you never know
Just watch Eurosport on a weekend, they are taking any internet feed they can find to fill their boots. Even their snooker feed at times for smaller events is just silence 1 camera set up.

Lowland Bloke
Brass Darts

Post by Lowland Bloke »

Wazza180 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:45 am
Lowland Bloke wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:16 pm
Wazza180 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:56 pm

Work doesn't stop because you are on holiday. Welcome to the year 2019 where emails and mobile phones exist. I am just saying that Jacklin inherited a situation that anyone would struggle to handle.

I'm not defending the BDO or its current administration as such. I just don't understand why so many on this board, and other darts exchanges, take so much joy in the BDO's struggles. It's more than a bit nasty and the BDO folding would not help anyone, Still it takes all sorts to make the world.
Excuse me, I never claimed that Des is going to turn it around. I don't know whether he will or won't

I don't expect anyone to bury their heads in the sand either. All I said was that the negativity towards the BDO, which usually involves laughing at their misfortune, does nothing to help.
Has nothing to do we laughing at their misfortune. It has everything to do with their acting. The draw with fake names. Proved all last 17 entries at the ladies where no shows in game... Countries have to bring on their players for the Masters. In Holland we don't have anyone called Petra Tane playing darts anywhere. Some other players dito in their suggested countries. Asking top 16 players what to do with draw done? Not done, you have to apply the rules which should be written in stone. Changing rules during a season? Foxtrot Otto. They are a spitting iomage of theirselves.

Countries and the WDf finally act and react the way they should have done before.
Yes, Jacklin has made mistakes. Some terrible mistakes, in fact.

Still, let's be honest there are many who have the knives out for the BDO organisation. What other sport has fans ringing up venues asking for ticket sales? You don't get Liverpool fans ringing up Old Trafford asking how many tickets Man Utd have sold for a FA Cup tie.

I am just saying that the fan negativity doesn't help the game. It spreads throughout social media and puts people off. I guess the BDO administration are to blame in the end but many of the fans do not help.
Although it is the topic about ticket sales, I wasn't referring to the sale itself. Hope venue will get loaded, but with the ridiculous prices I doubt it.
You have mistakes and cheats, the draw for instance at the WM was in last category.

I really support "the bdo site" of darts. Not the way BDO had run it the last few years. Changing during season (not the first time) cheat on draws and giving loads of attention to the wrong tournaments (FITS). BDO isn't able to be the leading body, so lets the WDF take their responsibility and be in charge. Darts isn't only British anymore.

You can't win a race at Ascot on a dead horse.
Last edited by Lowland Bloke on Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Addicks Fan wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:47 pm Ok - here's the update for this week - incidentally, is anyone else going to the BDO wake in January, or is it just me?
		Seats	Sold	% Sold	
Sat	All Day	1617	391	24%	£24,610.00
Sun	All Day	1617	148	9%	£6,864.00
Mon	Aft	1617	74	5%	£1,934.50
	Eve	1617	67	4%	£2,593.00
Tue	Aft	1617	39	2%	£1,080.50
	Eve	1617	47	3%	£1,366.00
Wed	Aft	1617	60	4%	£1,563.50
	Eve	1617	71	4%	£2,701.60
Thur	Aft	1617	79	5%	£1,961.00
	Eve	1617	124	8%	£5,474.00
Fri	Aft	1617	251	16%	£7,033.50
	Eve	1617	292	18%	£14,064.00
Sat	All Day	1617	389	24%	£27,368.00
Sun	All Day	1617	194	12%	£17,820.00
All Week		1		£831.50
1st Weekend		50		£7,390.00
Last 4 Days		4		£1,430.92
Total		22638	2226	10%	£126,086.02
Time for another update a week on? Maybe ring the venue this time to annoy Robson :DDD:
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Would be interesting.
Only Addicks can do it as only he has the balcony numbers. And also will be used to knowing which areas have always been blocked out.
(And I hope he excludes tables 6 and 7 ;)
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

How many people in the hat so far for free tickets to a long course men’s final with averages that will probably barely break 90 between two glorified county players?
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

The explosion in full flow
DED77104-7C41-4730-8DDA-3BC87572A8B3.png
DED77104-7C41-4730-8DDA-3BC87572A8B3.png (260.74 KiB) Viewed 807 times
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Pushing it to the same fekkin people again and again who aren't bothering going.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Can’t be long until the giveaway is rolled out surely
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ha, bloody hell...after posting the last first round game on the 6th, BDO FB has started putting the player profiles up again as of 4 minutes ago.

Guess which match they put up first? :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Wazza180 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:45 pm
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:35 pm
Wazza180 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:47 am
TheVillan wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:41 am

If the situation was that dire, then why was the decision made to move away from a secure, if not exactly inspired, position at the Lakeside?

Business genius to have loads of things that need resolution to then choose to add to the list...
No, I agree that the World Championship should not have been moved from Lakeside this season.

Still, the previous administration should have made the move 3 or 4 years earlier. Had they done that they could have built up an audience at a new and more modern location and none of this would be a problem now. Some of the players have said all this in private.

I'm just saying that it is easy to be critical of Jacklin and the BDO from our POV. We don't know the situation and we don't know what is around the corner. I only really took issue with some posters claiming that ticket sales were not going to pick up, when I know that they will given what some of the players have told me. That is all.
Okay, let's pretend for a moment you're being on the level here.

Let's say ticket sales do indeed pick up over the next couple of weeks as all the players' friends and families put their hands in their pockets.

Explain how this is going to be of any help for the BDO going forward.

The BDO have moved all their so-called majors to new venues (let's not waste time arguing whether it was right to do so, or should have been done earlier, because it's happened and this is what they're dealing with), they've got a multi-year broadcast contract with a broadcaster who has to be kept happy with the product on offer, you've got relatively large prize funds to stump up, and no sponsor to pay for any of it.

If literally the only silver lining you can find in all this is "once the players' nearest and dearest buy a few tickets, ticket uptake will be above 10% of capacity" then it's probably fair to say the game's up.
Rome wasn't built in a day. It's going to take years of investment and marketing to build an audience at the O2. If the BDO are able to survive that long, which no one on here knows whether they will be able or not, then Des' decision may eventually pay off.

I hope it does. Many hope it doesn't. We will see what happens.
You can't build Rome with sticlebricks and UHU.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Wazza180 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:53 am I txt messaged a few people last night. They have heard nothing about Eurosport dropping the BDO World Championship. I am not saying that Oche Balboa is telling fibs, yet I suspect he's only been told half the story. There is no reason for Eurosport to not broadcast the BDO World Championship. The only way it gets cancelled is if the entire event is cancelled, which is unlikely to happen at this stage.

Think a bit please.
Hi Robson.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oh lok its tunky with his cartoon cloths u vacuous prock
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:25 am oh lok its tunky with his cartoon cloths u vacuous prock
He will be payin' on door at the Indigoat.