The now Unofficial and Unsanctioned BDO "Worlds" Tickets 2020 Updates

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Re: The now Unofficial and Unsanctioned BDO "Worlds" Tickets 2020 Updates

Post by TheSandman »

Fair play to mason for actually valuing his brand, can’t give it away to the BDO shit show for peanuts then expect ITV to pay the going rate.

No surprise to see the ‘professionalism’ of the BDO board splashing the offer made to mason on social media. Just as professional as the PDC they said. MacDougall and Jacklin, greatest double act since the chuckle brothers.
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

Des says he has evidence that all the negative postings on social media is being really harmful to the BDO and the World Championship and he will go into more detail at the next delegates meeting

What a pile of shit.. He's using this as a ready made excuse for the catastrophe of his reign so far... Anyway I thought he had sponsors lined up.. I thought he was negotiating for more TV events in 2020 so he says and 2021 is all sponsored... What a tool
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Wazza180 wrote:
foggs3355 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:31 pm
Ginge wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:15 pm Spinning dartboard klaxon!!!!

But yes, seems John Gwynne has confirned it.
He part of team then you will need at lest 4 people for comp box for a 9 day event
Nicholson, Laura Turner and Adams are all possibilities to join/substitute for Gwynne in the comms box.

The more Laura Turner, the better.
I’d put money Laura is signed up full time by sky as part of their push for more women and won’t be doing anything at the bdo worlds
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I wouldnt.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

trotter01 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:50 pm Des says he has evidence that all the negative postings on social media is being really harmful to the BDO and the World Championship and he will go into more detail at the next delegates meeting

What a pile of shit.. He's using this as a ready made excuse for the catastrophe of his reign so far... Anyway I thought he had sponsors lined up.. I thought he was negotiating for more TV events in 2020 so he says and 2021 is all sponsored... What a tool
It's an excuse so if its as bad as people think its going to be he will have that and all his cronies and hangers on will blame Social Media and not him
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

trotter01 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:50 pm Des says he has evidence that all the negative postings on social media is being really harmful to the BDO and the World Championship and he will go into more detail at the next delegates meeting

He may have a point as the negative postings are not going to enhance confidence in the BDO. However that negative content is as a direct result of the ineptness of both him personally and his board. The evidence of that incompetence is in the public domain, and no amount of his deflecting is going to fool anyone other than those who are blind to the truth.

I think the general darting public would give him more leeway, should he accept some form of responsibility for his shortcomings, rather than bullshit, and try to lay the blame elsewhere. Just saying like.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
trotter01
Pub Champion

Re: The now Unofficial and Unsanctioned BDO

Post by trotter01 »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:54 pm
Wazza180 wrote:
foggs3355 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:31 pm
Ginge wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:15 pm Spinning dartboard klaxon!!!!

But yes, seems John Gwynne has confirned it.
He part of team then you will need at lest 4 people for comp box for a 9 day event
Nicholson, Laura Turner and Adams are all possibilities to join/substitute for Gwynne in the comms box.

The more Laura Turner, the better.
I’d put money Laura is signed up full time by sky as part of their push for more women and won’t be doing anything at the bdo worlds
I reckon she will be commentating at the indigo 100%..
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

I reckon it will be Jon g Paul Lura and O’Shea will be the lineups hopefully same presenter
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

trotter01 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:42 pm The current bunch at the BDO are a disgrace.. Des wading in on his joint account ( embarrassing enough having a joint account) criticising all and sundry.. Robert MacDougall thinking he's some sort of mouthpiece for the BDO when everything he's ever said or done has turned out to be shit..
What an embarrassment to the BDO these people are
How often is des posting these days? I'm blocked by him.

where did he say social media is to blame and evidence will be given at delegates meet?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

devosteve wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:40 pm I can't find the actual post on Facebook but in a conversation someone was saying the players have been told the world champs are 100% on in 2021 with sponsors sorted. (They also highlighted how only y the Dutch are not having bdo points thus all is well).

anyone heard this rumour?
Not a single Aussie event appears in the BDO calender either for now. Don't know how the individual ranking will work for now.

And why would a big sponsor wait a whole 13 months to sponsor an event when the next event is being sponsored. They could sponsor this event for next to nothing. Future events will be worth pennies to sponsors at this rate.

Don't rate the rumour at all.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

I find it amusing how Des always has sponsors lined up for next years tournaments but never has any for the current tournament.

He’s been spouting the same shit since his manifesto to become chairman. Just have to look at the huge losses under his watch to see his incompetence but it’s all social media’s fault.
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

You know what ??? Know matter what everyone says, I never post on social media , I’ll probably get slated for this ( by people that know very little about very little) but these statuses are getting crazy .

I send a monthly letter out to all Counties and that information should be given out to all county members.

The last letter I sent out was last week, that letter confirmed all events for next year, as far as I’m aware all events are still having BDO points into next year except the Dutch ( btw, the Dutch knew the BDO had retracted the £2 players levy and 5% points charges until the start of the 2020/2021 season before they announced they were pulling away from the BDO).

As far as the BDO Board are concerned, we are still very much business as usual, I will be discussing / negotiating more televised events for 2020 immediately after the World Championships has finished.

One thing I will say ( and I will be going into detail with evidence at the next delegates meeting) all this negative posting all over social media is doing us no good at all, most of you just think it’s a discussion but some of you know exactly the damage your doing.

Most of you either have my telephone number/email or know how to get it , why not ask me rather than cause yet more angst on social media .

I just don’t get it !!!!

Des

A recent post by Des
NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH »

"know matter what"

Haha
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

"Most of you either have my telephone number/email or know how to get it , why not ask me rather than cause yet more angst on social media"

Because if you ask him, he will fob you off or offer out the slaps! Which he has proved many times before.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

I thought the televised new events were I the bag before he got his dictatorship
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Well that will make all the negatively go away

BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Comedy gold
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

trotter01 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:19 am You know what ??? Know matter what everyone says, I never post on social media , I’ll probably get slated for this ( by people that know very little about very little) but these statuses are getting crazy .

I send a monthly letter out to all Counties and that information should be given out to all county members.

The last letter I sent out was last week, that letter confirmed all events for next year, as far as I’m aware all events are still having BDO points into next year except the Dutch ( btw, the Dutch knew the BDO had retracted the £2 players levy and 5% points charges until the start of the 2020/2021 season before they announced they were pulling away from the BDO).

As far as the BDO Board are concerned, we are still very much business as usual, I will be discussing / negotiating more televised events for 2020 immediately after the World Championships has finished.

One thing I will say ( and I will be going into detail with evidence at the next delegates meeting) all this negative posting all over social media is doing us no good at all, most of you just think it’s a discussion but some of you know exactly the damage your doing.

Most of you either have my telephone number/email or know how to get it , why not ask me rather than cause yet more angst on social media .

I just don’t get it !!!!

Des

A recent post by Des
Maybe try and focus on not bankrupting the company with the 3 TV events you have already signed up to before finding more.

Me thinks we are going to see something big with the PDC and WDF on new years day.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Please tell us Zapp

Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

"I never post on social media"

How did this post get released?