The now Unofficial and Unsanctioned BDO "Worlds" Tickets 2020 Updates

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: Tickets for the BDO Worlds O2 Indigo at the o2 Arena

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:21 pm
devosteve wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:18 pm
bovvered wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:09 pm But if they dont play masters its their choice, cant really stop them playing worlds but grand slam is a different matter, just dont pick them. At least the serial shagger has seen sense and relented and decided to play now.
What are the implications if the dutch dont play masters? Whats the big deal , i hope the BDO stand firm
stand firm in what way?

I get it re gsod spots. Why should the BDO give invites to folk who have not supported the 2nd biggest BDO event?

But to ban the dutch lads from the WC? you would lose the dutch fans travelling over and I wonder how the sponsors/promoters would feel?
a) the event has no current known sponsors anyway
b) the promoter wants the top 16 there. So all this is probably why tickets arent on sale yet.
I wonder if a headline sponsor has backed out? which of course may link to your Lakeside booking post.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:26 pm
Ginge wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:21 pm
bovvered wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:09 pm But if they dont play masters its their choice, cant really stop them playing worlds but grand slam is a different matter, just dont pick them. At least the serial shagger has seen sense and relented and decided to play now.
What are the implications if the dutch dont play masters? Whats the big deal , i hope the BDO stand firm
stand firm in what way?

I get it re gsod spots. Why should the BDO give invites to folk who have not supported the 2nd biggest BDO event?

But to ban the dutch lads from the WC? you would lose the dutch fans travelling over and I wonder how the sponsors/promoters would feel?
a) the event has no current known sponsors anyway
b) the promoter wants the top 16 there. So all this is probably why tickets arent on sale yet.
I wonder if a headline sponsor has backed out? which of course may link to your Lakeside booking post.
Well no, you can book Lakeside rooms through Booking.com for that week, someone at Lakeside must have just forgot to update their own booking system, which is a bit amateurish but there you go.
Big Jock Knew
bovvered
The Ton Club

Post by bovvered »

stand firm in what way?
That’s exactly what i mean, if they dont support the event (masters) then dont invite them to grand slam. By stand firm i mean i hope they dont give in and revert back to byes to tv stage

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

bovvered wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:30 pm By stand firm i mean i hope they dont give in and revert back to byes to tv stage

There is absolutely nothing wrong with removing the byes but doing it mid-season is a c*nts trick. Imagine if the PDC tomorrow suddenly said it was only 16 seeds at the Worlds and not 32, certain people on here would be up in arms.
Big Jock Knew
bovvered
The Ton Club

Post by bovvered »

Agree but not sure how many of the 16 signed petition, i know it was more than just the dutch but understand all have changed minds now except dutch. I also understand sponsors point of view, but i would imagine that those who are threatening not to play would be in grand slam aswell so it’s definitely a shit storm. Play masters and be seeded as they will be so cant play another seed till later rounds anyway, then probably be in slam , or boycott masters and be sidelined for slam? Tough call but agree its one they shouldn’t have to make at this stage of season
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

This is all utterly pointless
The players rightfully pissed at the change of format and loss of seeding lose their shit and initiate a pathetic attempt to boycott the WM
The BDO attempt to force them to play by stating this GSOD bollocks
Players fold like a cheap suit
Promoter gets edgy
No tickets on sale again with mere weeks to go after announcing the venue ages ago

All hail the new BDO and all who sail in her
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ginge wrote:
oche balboa wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:47 am Its fekkin stupid to begin with
What is? The BDO threatening sanctions, or players threatening to boycott?

Both are, really. What is so suddenly important about the Masters that they have to threaten people who dont want to play it? Quite sure one player a couple of years back tossed it off because he couldnt get the day off work, and he was a seed ffs.
Maybe if a private promoter wants all the top players at the worlds they also want (and made it a stipulation) that all of the top players would be at the masters as well, hence why the bdo are shitting themselves at the idea of players dropping out
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Doubt that promoter cares who is at the Masters, tbh.
Big Jock Knew
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Maybe if the private promoter wants the best players in the world at the event he should start promoting PDC events.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Fair point well made :DDDD:
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Good to see a moderate moderator in action. For a while there JC's site had more credibility than this one.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

re withdrawing GSOD invites; the bdo only have 8 so couldn't threaten all of the 16 with that.

It also points to the fact that all 8 are going to be given to the men (no ladies, no youth).
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Re: Tickets for the BDO Worlds in the small sideroom at the o2 Arena

Post by devosteve »

Bag Carrier wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:00 pm
Ginge wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:14 am My prediction is that they will relent as well and nobody will boycott anything.
I think the dutch will stick together on this.

Have heard they have had meetings in Holland over all of this and have the backing of the NDB.

Easiest thing to do is revert back to the criteria at the start if the season and see what happens.
this could be the most significant aspect of this saga. NDB standing up to a 'weakened' BDO.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

devosteve wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:08 pm
Ginge wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:14 am My prediction is that they will relent as well and nobody will boycott anything.

Have heard they have had meetings in Holland over all of this and have the backing of the NDB.

Easiest thing to do is revert back to the criteria at the start if the season and see what happens.
this could be the most significant aspect of this saga. NDB standing up to a 'weakened' BDO.
Or NDB pointing fingers at the BDO to distract from having lost one of their big tournaments.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

1205 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:50 pm

Or NDB pointing fingers at the BDO to distract from having lost one of their big tournaments.
If you mean the Finder Masters, that tournament had nothing to do with the NDB. It sounds like the governing body backing up their players to me. All of it is unnecessary, and could have been easily avoided. I still think the BDO may well give in and bring in the change for next season.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Addicks Fan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:55 pm
1205 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:50 pm

If you mean the Finder Masters, that tournament had nothing to do with the NDB. It sounds like the governing body backing up their players to me. All of it is unnecessary, and could have been easily avoided. I still think the BDO may well give in and bring in the change for next season.
OK, so a significant tournament in the Netherlands has disappeared and has been replaced by ... an existing tournament.
Easy to show support when you're not responsible and don't have to do anything.
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

Who is the private promoter for the Worlds?... I though this was a BDO event promoted by themselves.?... Wheres this private promoter come from?
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

trotter01 wrote:Who is the private promoter for the Worlds?... I though this was a BDO event promoted by themselves.?... Wheres this private promoter come from?
It now appears that it's a private promoter via sportotal via BDO!!!
I mean, it's just a farce really to still mot have tickets on sale. They just dont learn.
Des has gone quiet on FB and even Pauly seems to be not posting as much on wider BDO subjects.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

So the contractor has subcontracted. How many more years of this?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

It cant be Shownights, surely?

Wayne was creaming himself for months in the run up to the announcement that it was moving to the small sideroom at the o2 Arena that they should move it to the small sideroom at the o2 Arena?

Nah surely not.

Big Jock Knew