Hell hath no fury like a Potter scorned...

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
The Jolly Man
County Player

Re: Hell hath no fury like a Potter scorned...

Post by The Jolly Man »

If this goes ahead I can see the end of the GSOD. How can the PDC allow something like this to happen with players from its feeder tours against the BDO best and then still give 8 BDO payers a space at the GSOD.

If this goes ahead with the perspective ranking being included the field will be far to small imo. Should be 64 minimum.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Should be interesting!
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:32 pm
devosteve wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:30 pm Will this event need the permission of the BDO and the PDC?
It depends if it is televised for the PDC players.
BDO it is up to Des :)
There will be no PDC tour-card holders playing, they've already said that. Let's hope the PDC don't change the rules around the Challenge Tour, and hope the BDO is also sensible. The WDF can exclude players from their Cups, which really isn't a threat.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

The Jolly Man wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:40 pm If this goes ahead I can see the end of the GSOD. How can the PDC allow something like this to happen with players from its feeder tours against the BDO best and then still give 8 BDO payers a space at the GSOD.

If this goes ahead with the perspective ranking being included the field will be far to small imo. Should be 64 minimum.
Seriously?
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ChrisW wrote:200k prize fund.
I am guessing winner's cheque of 50k.
Should get a lot of interest from the players.
It’s a pipe dream, there is zero chance of a 200 k prize fund unless potter is just going to put it up himself.

If it’s on tv des is going to want some credit, no way he’s going to be happy with potter taking all the credit. Same with Hearn, absolutely no way he’s going let anyone take credit for bringing darts back together.

I can see more issues with contracts coming up, des tried to issue them this weekend after saying the bdo would be a completely open system and the PDC won’t be happy with challenge tour players going back and forwards.
greatkingrat
Steady Sixties

Post by greatkingrat »

I don't think Hearn would be bothered about some Challenge Tour players playing in this tournament. There are already Challenge Tour players playing in both systems, eg Noguera, Menzies, McKinstry etc.

I'm curious what format they are proposing that hasn't been used in darts before. Some sort of double elimination perhaps?
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:58 pm
It’s a pipe dream, there is zero chance of a 200 k prize fund unless potter is just going to put it up himself.

If it’s on tv des is going to want some credit, no way he’s going to be happy with potter taking all the credit. Same with Hearn, absolutely no way he’s going let anyone take credit for bringing darts back together.

I can see more issues with contracts coming up, des tried to issue them this weekend after saying the bdo would be a completely open system and the PDC won’t be happy with challenge tour players going back and forwards.
Have you read the article or are you just a bit boring

Des mentioned a 4th TV event, this could be it.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

oche balboa wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:58 pm

Have you read the article or are you just a bit boring

Des mentioned a 4th TV event, this could be it.
Yes, but I’m struggling to see how not would make me boring.

He lied throughout that interview why would anyone believe a 4th tv event (major European sponsors anyone?). And if there was a 4th tv event my point still stands, Hearn and des would want something to do with it
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Hearn isn't bothered about it as none of his 128 will be involved (this has been explained many a times)

Jacklin cant afford to lie he already paranoid about Social Media so he cant afford to lie about this, I assume he has given his blessing.

Jacklin explained in the interview that he drafted up the contracts in case a person qualified for the PDC worlds won the World Masters, Now he should have done this to begin with
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

oche balboa wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:03 pm Hearn isn't bothered about it as none of his 128 will be involved (this has been explained many a times)

Jacklin cant afford to lie he already paranoid about Social Media so he cant afford to lie about this, I assume he has given his blessing.

Jacklin explained in the interview that he drafted up the contracts in case a person qualified for the PDC worlds won the World Masters, Now he should have done this to begin with
I am all for giving people the benefit of the doubt, but Des Jacklin has a history of not telling the truth, and personally I would take anything he says with a huge pinch of salt.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

To make this something different no seeding double in event I think room for a 2nd one but play this one legs format
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Might be a double elimination tournament using a repêchage
unsanctionedBDOfan
Brass Darts

Post by unsanctionedBDOfan »

This sounds in principle a great idea.
I for one will be attending, something different and at the recognised home of World Darts.
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

it will still knacker the indigo farce anyway, most people won't be willing to drop a monkey to a bag of sand on attending lakeside for a week or so just a few months after spending more on staying in the shithole that is south London

now people know there is a choice do they spend more on going to little Lebanon and being disappointed or stabbed or just wait a few months for their usual yearly jaunt to the comfort of lakeside where they may actually recognise some of the players and have their usual fun?
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

BDOfan wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:56 am This sounds in principle a great idea.
I for one will be attending, something different and at the recognised home of World Darts.
Jollees got knocked down, Robson.
unsanctionedBDOfan
Brass Darts

Post by unsanctionedBDOfan »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:55 am
You need help
Darts-R-Us
Feather Flights

Post by Darts-R-Us »

BDOfan wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:33 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:55 am
You need help
He has a point about Jollees!
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Shocking news coming from the home of darts.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ChrisW wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:37 am Shocking news coming from the home of darts.
Have I missed the joke?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

ChrisW wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:37 am Shocking news coming from the home of darts.
ahhh the old planning from application jan 18 for dwellings / modification applicant mr b potter obe well the london villagers need more houses