BDO close to running out of money

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
trotter01
Pub Champion

Re: BDO close to running out of money

Post by trotter01 »

ILAD wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:10 pm
devosteve wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:09 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:03 am Cue people on fanatics screaming that prize money should go up, not down.
they never say were the money should come from just call for an increase.

Even at times folks asking for ladies payout to be equal with men (£100,000!).

But am I right in thinking ladies has gone up by 54%? short term game if so for the ladies if the BDO goes bust.
And yet these same people criticise the PDC for only looking after the select few but it’s ok for the BDO to blow all their money on a select few and stuff everyone else, sounds about right.
I've seen Fanatics saying that it's boring in the PDC with the same player winning everything.. Over the past year and half there have been 7 different winners in TV ranking events.. Anderson.. MVG.. Wade.. Price.. Gurney..Aspinall and Cross... A lot less predictable than when Durrant swept up with no complaints from them..
bovvered
The Ton Club

Post by bovvered »

Just seen somewhere that they need 750k for worlds and the waiter had an electrical company lined up as a sponsor who has now seen sense and pulled out. Wouldn’t be buying an 02 ticket just yet
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

bovvered wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:21 pm Just seen somewhere that they need 750k for worlds and the waiter had an electrical company lined up as a sponsor who has now seen sense and pulled out. Wouldn’t be buying an 02 ticket just yet
Will the last one out turn out the lights
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

bovvered wrote:Just seen somewhere that they need 750k for worlds and the waiter had an electrical company lined up as a sponsor who has now seen sense and pulled out. Wouldn’t be buying an 02 ticket just yet
I thought they had it rent free for the first year?
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:37 pm
bovvered wrote:Just seen somewhere that they need 750k for worlds and the waiter had an electrical company lined up as a sponsor who has now seen sense and pulled out. Wouldn’t be buying an 02 ticket just yet
That’s what I saw in a post ages ago. They get the door in year one.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:
Right, so how on earth does it cost 750m to run then?
Big Jock Knew
bovvered
The Ton Club

Post by bovvered »

No idea, prize fund and £1 for every lie the waiter tells?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Prize fund isnt even half of that.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Can’t remember who posted it. I’ll have a search
bovvered
The Ton Club

Post by bovvered »

Even the farmer saying counties would end up being run by country organisations if bdo enterprises / bdo folds
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Tommy T-Rex wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:49 pm The negotiations broke down between the BDO and the new Lakeside Management (bob potter not involved) Lakeside where not prepared to stump up the usual amount and Barbra Leach or whatever her name is stated that the BDO darts was detrimental to the image she now wants Lakeside to portray (I shit you not). The BDO where left with no option but to find another venue, apparently they got the, Indigo F.O.C and can keep the gate receipts for year one. Without a headline sponsor the financial viability of the event hinges purely on bums on seats, it. Is a risk but the BDO didn't have much choice.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

That statement from Leach makes no sense when you also look at the email Lakeside sent out about their new event, was full of seethe.
Big Jock Knew
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

I'm forgetting the Indigo is running a charity...
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

Robert MacDougall trying to get a few quid from behind the sofa by reminding all counties they need to use BDO branded Gladiator boards and not England branded Gladiator boards and the BDO can supply them cheaper than suppliers....every little helps !.... Hope counties haven't ordered the England branded ones 😂
bovvered
The Ton Club

Post by bovvered »

Which ones did the bdo use in cyprus?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

bovvered wrote:Which ones did the bdo use in cyprus?
Winmau
Big Jock Knew
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

bovvered wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:17 pm Which ones did the bdo use in cyprus?

:DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
unsanctionedBDOfan
Brass Darts

Post by unsanctionedBDOfan »

BlueSpark wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:26 pm
Tommy T-Rex wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:49 pm The negotiations broke down between the BDO and the new Lakeside Management (bob potter not involved) Lakeside where not prepared to stump up the usual amount and Barbra Leach or whatever her name is stated that the BDO darts was detrimental to the image she now wants Lakeside to portray (I shit you not). The BDO where left with no option but to find another venue, apparently they got the, Indigo F.O.C and can keep the gate receipts for year one. Without a headline sponsor the financial viability of the event hinges purely on bums on seats, it. Is a risk but the BDO didn't have much choice.
A perfectly sensible and reasonable business plan
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

If they don't get proper sponsorship then to stage the event with that prize fund would be ridiculous and suicidal.. Of course it will be on.. Des says he isn't getting involved in the sponsorship personally.. Funny how he can always wash his hands over things that may go wrong..and didn't he say when appointed that he personally had sponsors.. He's a bullshit merchant.. Of course if no proper sponsorship happens he can deny any responsibility when the prize fund is slashed..
bishbashbosh180
Brass Darts

Post by bishbashbosh180 »

Ginge wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:53 pm
BlueSpark wrote:
Right, so how on earth does it cost 750m to run then?
Another repeat statement was that they get first 400 and then 50% of the rest so maybe the 750 reference is the level of ticket sales. This about the same occupancy level as 2 years ago at Lakeside, only had 3 weeks to sell last year, at the new pricing levels.

Costs are approx 374 prize fund, 150 to run the event, 120 sales commissions. 100K to keep the lights on after the event maybe.