BDO tournaments no longer recognised by WDF and BDO relegated to Associate Member

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
BlueSpark
International

Re: BDO tournaments no longer recognised by WDF and BDO relegated to Associate Member

Post by BlueSpark »

I have undertaken the duty with enthusiasm and have used the opportunity to further my commitment to bring back the credibility, professionalism, financial stability and forward thinking that our great organisation was once renowned for.

I stopped there as I was laughing so much
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Re: BDO tournaments no longer recognised by WDF and BDO relegated to Associate Member

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

I stopped reading his facebook post at "I wouldn't normally post this sort of thing on social media" because at that point it was obviously a load of bollocks.

Did I miss much?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Has any player of note made a comment on all this anywhere?

Thought it would be a perfect excuse for Nick Kenny to put the boot in again.
Big Jock Knew
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Is anyone going to arrange a get well soon card on behalf of all of us here.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Astonvilla wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:27 am Is anyone going to arrange a get well soon card on behalf of all of us here.
Could put a load of fake name from the Masters draw in it, that would perk him up.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Fanatics (?) turning on him. From Oche's Twitter....

Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

And Kane has decided to attack him
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:47 am And Kane has decided to attack him
Oh go on.....
Big Jock Knew
denisska180
Feather Flights

Post by denisska180 »

Meme of the Year :darts

I hope, after this I will not be banned :IIII: :grin:
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

I think you will be safe, they are crying out for members..... :grin:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

denisska180 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:58 am Meme of the Year :darts

I hope, after this I will not be banned :IIII: :grin:
Nope
Get stuck in to the threads mate
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

From Des

Dear all Counties,
As I am sure most of you are aware the BDO have received a formal letter from the WDF. The BDO board felt we ought to write to you all now to keep you in the picture so to speak.
I received the same letter that you have all seen on social media (and the same letter circulated by England darts) from the WDF yesterday 3rd December, this was the first contact I had with the WDF regarding this issue.
I can confirm that the BDO have had no opportunity to defend itself and it would seem that the WDF have acted purely on information gathered from social media and hearsay.
Social media is playing a huge part in this issue with statements being made from many players and County officials, (all names have been noted) even the England chairman has completely ignored the legal disclaimer on the bottom of the letter and sent it out to all Counties ?
This issue is now in the hands of the BDO Solicitor and after initial consultation with our legal advisers, it would seem that this letter from the WDF is in many ways unlawful.
In my estimation it feels like the BDO are trying to introduce a strategy to become self-supporting in trying to get ourselves into a position of stability, but we are not allowed to do that ? It just feels like every day is another battle with someone trying to kill the company.
What I can tell you all is that in any event the County system will not be affected.
I will not go into to much more detail but I do promise you updates as and when I get them. Regards
Des Jacklin
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

“All names have been noted”
Ffs
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

And they haven’t acted on hearsay have they you cretin, you broke the rules with the Masters draws and seeds abortion.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:And they haven’t acted on hearsay have they you cretin, you broke the rules with the Masters draws and seeds abortion.
The evidence is all there for the wrong number of seeds in the draw
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Don’t really see how it could be unlawful tbh.
Bang to rights the lot of them
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

My God the man is deluded.

Names have been noted

Hearsay

Social Media Social Media

!!
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

BlueSpark wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:04 pm “All names have been noted”
Ffs
Slaps incoming :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

BlueSpark wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:04 pm “All names have been noted”
Ffs
why put that in? It looks embarrassing, unprofessional. and obviously a hint of discipline to come.

The bdo is crumbling around him and this is the initial reaction.

I do wonder if he will admit the mistakes he made at the masters or continually blame it on social media.

Oh and it looks like TT is back in his' bad books'!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

No matter whether the BDO have broken any rules surely the WDF have the right to remove members as they see fit.

What they need to do now though is remove Catalonia as they don't represent a country. Otherwise part of their argument doesn't stand up.