BDO tournaments no longer recognised by WDF and BDO relegated to Associate Member

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Tommy T-Rex
The Ton Club

Re: BDO tournaments no longer recognised by WDF and BDO relegated to Associate Member

Post by Tommy T-Rex »

TheVillan wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:12 pm
Tommy T-Rex wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:09 pm If they don't get the ticket sales then yes, they have to reduce the prizefund as they cannot pay out what they don't have. Des Jacklin, Paul James and Tommy Thompson have a lot to answer for!
Paul and Tommy aren't elected officers of the org, so no matter what your view of their advocacy, the buck really doesn't stop with them.
England darts endorsed his appointment, they carry an awful lot of clout with the English counties who made up the majority of the votes that elected Des. NO, the buck doesn't stop with them but they are complicit.
oche balboa
International

Re: BDO tournaments no longer recognised by WDF and BDO relegated to Associate Member

Post by oche balboa »

Well their son is going around throwing xenophobic comments to Dutch members
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
TheVillan
The Ton Club

Post by TheVillan »

oche balboa wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:31 pm Well their son is going around throwing xenophobic comments to Dutch members
Oche, xenophobia is a complete and irrational hatred of for...oh, hang the feck on...
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote:Well their son is going around throwing xenophobic comments to Dutch members
Would that be Kane?

Rumour also reaches me that the Jafia are online promoting some comp in Lincs on social media tonight.
Because.... priorities.Image
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Well their son is going around throwing xenophobic comments to Dutch members
Would that be Kane?

Rumour also reaches me that the Jafia are online promoting some comp in Lincs on social media tonight.
No rumour.

Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Yep its Kane Jacklin
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Tommy T-Rex wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:17 pm
TheVillan wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:12 pm
Tommy T-Rex wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:09 pm If they don't get the ticket sales then yes, they have to reduce the prizefund as they cannot pay out what they don't have. Des Jacklin, Paul James and Tommy Thompson have a lot to answer for!
Paul and Tommy aren't elected officers of the org, so no matter what your view of their advocacy, the buck really doesn't stop with them.
England darts endorsed his appointment, they carry an awful lot of clout with the English counties who made up the majority of the votes that elected Des. NO, the buck doesn't stop with them but they are complicit.
Can you be tried and hung for complicity?
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Sally wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:24 pm Do you think the overseas players will still go to the expense of travelling to The O2 if the prize money money isn’t guaranteed?

I have seen at least one player expressing doubt.
Apart from maybe getting to the final the prize fund isn't great. After that what are the player now playing for? The BDO may have a history but the event isn't anything. It's not a World Championship's. They can continue to call it what they want but it isn't endorsed by any world body.

By the time of the event I doubt many if any of the national orgs will be supporting the BDO tour, so by going they don't even represent their org.

It's a great shame as many have made an effort to qualify for this. Now what is it?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

People have been piling into the comments on the latest BDO FB share, they have been sharing betting news on the tournament from a site that has 76 likes. Very odd.
Big Jock Knew
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

oche balboa wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:31 pm Well their son is going around throwing xenophobic comments to Dutch members
Where's he doing that ?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

trotter01 wrote:
Where's he doing that ?
Fanatics I assume. Along with threats to Oche....
Having met Oche numerous times i wouldnt call him ginger though.

Big Jock Knew
Double Flops
Steady Sixties

Post by Double Flops »

On Monday there is a meeting in Amsterdam between the WDF and nations ...Got this information from a person who is invited.
Tommy T-Rex
The Ton Club

Post by Tommy T-Rex »

Ginge wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:03 pm
trotter01 wrote:
Where's he doing that ?

Kane Jacklin bang on the money there.
bishbashbosh180
Brass Darts

Post by bishbashbosh180 »

Skewball wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:07 pm
bishbashbosh180 wrote:
Ginge wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:29 pm £775k cash in bank (both companies added together) as of end May 2018 accounts. No way they have got through over half of that since.
The high number was asset value not cash. Was more like 680. Made a 450K lose through May of this year and have been burning money
ever since. So forecast Net cash position post World champs would be about -500K before ticket income. So I would not fancy being the
person in court arguing they are not trading themselves off a cliff.

Given both companies are controlled by the same board would think they are using BICC cash to keep the doors open so if one entity
crashes almost certainly both will go down.
This sounds realistic. Have you, or someone you know seen the latest annual accounts early?
They get filed in Feb so I assume they have been prepared a whole now.
They really are up shit creek.
450 came from Des. At best 100K of income from sponsors and events. Eurosport had not paid 2 weeks ago and standard Media contracts of this size have loads of wiggle room so question if they will pay it all. About 400K of operating cost and commissions based previous event cost levels and and operating burn rate.
bishbashbosh180
Brass Darts

Post by bishbashbosh180 »

Pity that WDF has less commercial nowse that the BDO. They are the governing body and are trying to act as such but does not change the fact that 6 months ago they were begging the members for 50K to pay for their ICO consultant. Worse still the team appointed to build the event structure have no more of, and to a large extent the same, business plan as the folks they are trying to replace. Different dipsticks, different acronym same result for players and darts.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

trotter01 wrote:
Where's he doing that ?

:DDD:
He only looks like a kid.
Kane should have no problem duffing him up
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

trotter01 wrote:
Where's he doing that ?

But but but no-one ever swears or makes threats on Facebook, Ian and Paul told me so.

As for threatening oche, it's a bit like kicking a puppy.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

bishbashbosh180 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:31 am Pity that WDF has less commercial nowse that the BDO. They are the governing body and are trying to act as such but does not change the fact that 6 months ago they were begging the members for 50K to pay for their ICO consultant. Worse still the team appointed to build the event structure have no more of, and to a large extent the same, business plan as the folks they are trying to replace. Different dipsticks, different acronym same result for players and darts.
Whether the people of WDF have commercial nowse or not. The WDF as a brand has next to no commercial value. Few outside of darts will probably know what it is.
It will be interesting to see what the WDF will do. They are surely not deluded enough to think they can replace the BDO.

Would like to think they will talk to the PDC and come up with a clear joint strategy going forward that can somehow unify darts going forward.

The biggest stumbling blocks may be the places like Australia and USA where they would both be running two tours for the same players.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:55 am
trotter01 wrote:
Where's he doing that ?

:DDD:
He only looks like a kid.
Kane should have no problem duffing him up
Anyone who makes threats on FB to do stuff like this actually never goes and does it, you know how it works by now.
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ginge wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Would that be Kane?

No rumour.

Tbf it’s Julie Lambi that runs that page and posts all the stuff about the lincs tournaments, she was also posting on our local darts fb pages