Fallon Sherrock

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
foggs3355
International

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by foggs3355 »

I think putting her in all is over kill maybe just the us and Euro ones was enough I bet she in finals to if win some games she should be going up against the local players in round 1 if does get a 90-92 adv and finish like she has I think she might win couple of games
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

nikkiboy wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:33 pm
oche balboa wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:28 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:26 pm
devosteve wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:20 pm Well done Fallon. She has now been invited to all the world series by the pdc.
Denmark, Germany, USA, new Zealand and Australia!

Not bad for winning those 2 games.
Disproportionately so. Just turning into a PDC gimmick now.

Pretty sure they haven't invited all the other qualifiers who got knocked out in the 3rd round.
Nope. But Devo thinks its a good idea. He would also think its a good idea if Hearn dumped shit in his back garden and called it World Series
If the O2 cancel then the shit may be in Devo's garden.
Don't have a a garden. Just a back yard. The bdo welcome to run their world champs there. I will even open the blind in the kitchen window to watch (but obviously only for the ladies games).
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

I do actually agree that's it's over kill. The promo 's whilst she was still in the comp did my head in.

But it will create interest in the wsod. And expect some celebrities commenting especially in the USA.

The 1st rd games against the local guy will be very interesting to watch.

Oh and don't forget she is basically now in the wsod finals night.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

it's called good business, probably the most newsworthy and publicised 'sporting' thing of the year and there will be more good publicity from just her showing up at the events, let alone more from winning a game or two, it enhances the brand and sells tickets

I still haven't seen an ad for the o2 despite watching the channel, somebody said there were some ads in the minor league footy programme - if they are seriously chucking all the ads in one programme that most viewers will avoid they're not thinking straight

bdo could have had the publicity of women beating men and the extra prize money for women by stopping the segregation years ago
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

Bomber wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:32 pm it's called good business, probably the most newsworthy and publicised 'sporting' thing of the year and there will be more good publicity from just her showing up at the events, let alone more from winning a game or two, it enhances the brand and sells tickets

I still haven't seen an ad for the o2 despite watching the channel, somebody said there were some ads in the minor league footy programme - if they are seriously chucking all the ads in one programme that most viewers will avoid they're not thinking straight

bdo could have had the publicity of women beating men and the extra prize money for women by stopping the segregation years ago
The biggest correlation in terms of sports viewership is football and darts.

Hence makes sense for Quest to advertise the BDO darts during their only football coverage which is the Football League highlights, as those viewers are the ones most likely to watch darts as well.

Also if they are watching the free highlights on Quest rather than the live Football League on Sky Sports it probably means they aren’t watching the PDC on Sky so may be prepared to watch the BDO on Quest instead.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

ssjsa wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:54 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:42 pm
Skewball wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:38 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:
devosteve wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:20 pm Well done Fallon. She has now been invited to all the world series by the pdc.
Denmark, Germany, USA, new Zealand and Australia!

Not bad for winning those 2 games.
Disproportionately so. Just turning into a PDC gimmick now.

Pretty sure they haven't invited all the other qualifiers who got knocked out in the 3rd round.
Nonsense.
Perfectly sensible to invite her to their international shop window exhibitions.
It's an invitational exhibition and I would invite her to create local media attention and sell more tickets. Obvious really.
So you think irs not a disproportionate reward for winning 2 games?
Stop it.
This decision was not based on her level of performance, so your point is moot.

It was purely a commercial one, and a very good one at that.

Correct, not that he’ll get it mind... :grin:
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

A great commercial decision from the PDC which explains why they are in the position they are.. They know what they are doing for sure
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Hearn was interviewed by Arjan vd Giessen on Rtl7.
He almost as good as said Fallon wil be one of the challengers in the premier league.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

ChrisW wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:16 pm Hearn was interviewed by Arjan vd Giessen on Rtl7.
He almost as good as said Fallon wil be one of the challengers in the premier league.
If that’s true I think not good idea World Series is plenty enough other players deserve that chance more
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

foggs3355 wrote:
ChrisW wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:16 pm Hearn was interviewed by Arjan vd Giessen on Rtl7.
If that’s true I think not good idea World Series is plenty enough other players deserve that chance more
Nonsense.
It's not about 'deserve' . It's about selling tickets for an exhibition and getting lots of media attention. What she achieved was amazing and wouldn't happen in virtually any other 'sport' so the media love it, PDC need to ride that wave for 12 months.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

She hadn't even got a tour card yet. Let he achieve that first. If she wants more opportunities for female players go and be successful from the bottom up. She has had a couple of good games and now being given everything
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

In the interview he also mentioned the best viewing figures for the Worlds up to that point on Sky was her 3rd match against Dobey.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

trotter01 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:28 pm A great commercial decision from the PDC which explains why they are in the position they are.. They know what they are doing for sure
I wouldn't buy a ticket for an event I wasn't attending just because Fallon was playing.

It certainly got the current championship into the mainstream media but that will soon wain and i cant see it being comnercially helpful in sales.

The public as a whole just aren't interested in darts hence the huge disparity in m money between other sports/games such as golf and tennis.

And that is the biggest barrier. The Fallon novelty will soon wear off for a fickle public that isn't that interested otherwise.

All that blaze of publicity has barely shifted an extra ticket or 2 for the BDO.
Last edited by Deleted User on Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

The Jolly Man wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:57 pm She hadn't even got a tour card yet. Let he achieve that first. If she wants more opportunities for female players go and be successful from the bottom up. She has had a couple of good games and now being given everything
Whether she gets a Tour Card or not is pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The PDC is run as a business, and commercially Fallon ticks so many boxes.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
County Player

Post by 1205 »

The Jolly Man wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:57 pm She hadn't even got a tour card yet. Let he achieve that first. If she wants more opportunities for female players go and be successful from the bottom up. She has had a couple of good games and now being given everything
Five good games, if you include her quarter-final and semi-final in the qualifiers.

If she continues to play like that, she has a decent chance to accumulate points and get her card.
If she plays how she did on the Challenge Tour and a lot of ladies tournaments, she'll be a lot closer to her 1 point.

I think it's going to be an interesting Q School, with more of the current BDO players, including many of the women.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ssjsa wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:15 am
Whether she gets a Tour Card or not is pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The PDC is run as a business, and commercially Fallon ticks so many boxes.
Disagree. The novelty is already wearing off.

I can't see sponsors pumping in extra money or extra tickets sold for events on the back of it. Genuinely.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:14 am
trotter01 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:28 pm A great commercial decision from the PDC which explains why they are in the position they are.. They know what they are doing for sure
I wouldn't buy a ticket for an event I wasn't attending just because Fallon was playing.

It certainly got the current championship into the mainstream media but that will soon wain and i cant see it being comnercially helpful in sales.

The public as a whole just aren't interested in darts hence the huge disparity in m money between other sports/games such as golf and tennis.

And that is the biggest barrier. The Fallon novelty will soon wear off for a fickle public that isn't that interested otherwise.

All that blaze of publicity has barely shifted an extra ticket or 2 for the BDO.
Of course it hasn't, because the BDO are commercially inept. In the case of the PDC,completely disagree with you, as Fallon has been, and will continue to br hyped to the maximum.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ssjsa wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:19 am
DavidOwen67 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:14 am

Of course it hasn't, because the BDO are commercially inept. In the case of the PDC,completely disagree with you, as Fallon has been, and will continue to br hyped to the maximum.
Yes she will be hyped, of course.

I'm saying it isn't going to bge the commercial success some are claiming.

I'm saying that it won't bring in any more money for the PDC.

I wouldn't pay specifically to watch her before, nor will I now.
Last edited by Deleted User on Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

The PDC has never had so much mainsteam coverage as this worlds and it is only down to her success.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:23 am The PDC has never had so much mainsteam coverage as this worlds and it is only down to her success.
Hic!!!

I'VE ALREADY AGREED WITH THAT.

The event however was already sold out and very few will buy tickets for future events just because Fallon is playing.

That's my point. Do pay attention.