Fallon Sherrock

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Deleted User

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by Deleted User »

Rout hates the fact that women are getting publicity for doing well at darts.

This should have all blown over 15 years ago according to him. Well done to Fallon and Lisa for keeping it in the public eye.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Anyone who disagrees with Murph is arrogant. Careful out there, gentlemen.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Rout wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:13 pm
Murphio wrote:
Rout wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:41 pm
ChrisW wrote:One thing is clear. Ladies darts has never been so interesting.
Very true. I would go as far to say ladies darts in general has had the pixie dust effect. Until very recently it was treat with total contempt by a good chunk of folk. Then suddenly sky are putting countdown clocks on Fallon's next games, it's the biggest event of the whole tournament and now it's being lapped up all over the shop. I am sorry in advance to Murph if he doesnt like the opinion I have represented in this post.
Nothing do do with me liking or disliking your opinions mate. It's how they are almost almost always couched with some sort of troll, jibe or snidey comment. IFM was the same and your self appointed attack dog/arse licker Black Velvet has apparantly joined the clique. I enjoy reading your posts which aren't any of the above but unfortunately they appear few and far between these days. To get back to the topic in hand I argued years ago when the PDC went down the ladies darts route that there should be no such thing - it should be unisex. This has now happened, to a degree, and this is the future imo - equal opportunity for all. In the meantime the invites/ ladies qualifiers are a good way of giving ladies opportunities until they catch up.
I respect your opinion and if that's how you see my input, that's how you see it. It often isnt my intention though (sometimes maybe, for sh1tts and giggles).

Your points might carry a bit more weight if you felt this way about it in general though and not just specific to anything anti-pdc. The two biggest for doing as you describe on here, ginge and that woman hating guy, dont ever seem to fall foul of your wrath and the only explanation for that is that the "holier than thou" approach only bothers you dependent on the subject matter of what is being discussed and who the butt of the joke is.

Back to ladies darts, it's all been "sky-ed" well out of proportion in my opinion. Deta beat a guy 15 years ago in a televised tv tournament.
The coverage was of course OTT and a big part of that was Fallon's age, looks and colour. Hyping their product is what Sky do - it's why the Premier League is the richest league in the world. Regardless, Fallon's performances are the best any lady has put in on TV, ever. Yes, it was only two wins and a credible defeat - but, four wins is all it takes to win the ladies world title. And it was done in front of thousands of people against quality opponents. It's unfair to claim it was all a Sky/PDC hype job. And it also ignores the fact she won the qualifier, beating Lisa en route, and throwing (irrc) at least one 100+ average. I think Mikuru and Lisa are one and two in the world with Fallon close behind but I don't think there is any more than a fag paper in it - I wouldnt put a penny on any match between the three and I'm guessing the bookies would find them very tough to separate.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Murphio wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:04 pm ... she won the qualifier, beating Lisa en route, and throwing (irrc) at least one 100+ average. ...
DartConnect knows all.
I think Mikuru and Lisa are one and two in the world with Fallon close behind but I don't think there is any more than a fag paper in it - I wouldnt put a penny on any match between the three and I'm guessing the bookies would find them very tough to separate.
BDO Worlds I'd bet on Suzuki, then Ashton.
Floor I'd bet on Ashton, then Sherrock.
Sherrock has spells of good matches, but they've been few and far between overall.
Suzuki has played OK on stage, but otherwise hasn't been special.
Ashton's more consistently averaging 83.5+, with a bunch of high-80s and the odd 90+, which is what has made her so competitive at Q School for the past 2 years.
minimalist180
Feather Flights

Post by minimalist180 »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:10 pm One thing is clear. Ladies darts has never been so interesting.
I don’t know, the Mieke de Boer Playboy shoot was certainly a highlight. God is that 15 years or so ago??
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

I think ladies at darts are more up and down than men. One game an 85 average, next game could be 70 average.

None of them are consistently good but 4 of them on their day can give the men a decent game.
Thinking of one.
NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH »

I don't know which is the greater achievement. Deta was of course the first to beat a man on TV, but that was against Aaron Turner who seemed to have about as much talent as his missus.

There's a huge difference between beating Suljovic over 5 sets than some drunk squeaky-voiced jobber over 9 legs. The PDC is a hell of a lot stronger now than it was back then too. Ashton's achievement was also strong of course (and it made me chuckle that Wes "av it" Newton losing 5-0 helped her on her merry way) and she did beat some decent players along the way.

The main thing is they (Sherrock, Suzuki, Ashton and Dobromyslova) all put the wonderful Trina Gulliver's (the one who considered the fat dead racist like a "father") achievements in their place . Gulliver won most of her first seven titles against utter jobbers like Kirk. Two more when Anastasia was in the PDC and Trina faced "right thurr!" in the final twice.

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]

The only one that really deserves any credit is 2016.

For me, I've always wanted to see who the best darts player is - not the best woman, best child, best player with green eyes, best player with ADHD, etc. Nobody has ever convinced me that men have an advantage when it comes to darts. If it were the case, I've yet to feel the benefits of this! Yet my mates and I used to play girls at their own sports down the youth club (hockey), and we'd thrash them, despite never having played the game.

I assume that a woman has thrown a perfect leg of darts (a 9 darter), on a number of occasions. Now has any woman ever thrown a javelin as far as Steve Backley or Jan Zelezny? Even though they throw a lighter javelin? Of course not..
NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH »

minimalist180 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:18 am
ChrisW wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:10 pm One thing is clear. Ladies darts has never been so interesting.
I don’t know, the Mieke de Boer Playboy shoot was certainly a highlight. God is that 15 years or so ago??
Must have been because I don't think she's played any competitive darts for around 14-15 years. But it was a highlight :)
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Absolute bullocks to dismiss Gullivers 10 world titles
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

A fair few of them are as legitimate as Taylors early PDC titles, imo.

Anyway, on the subject of Trina, is she out of hospital yet?
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

NvH wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:07 am
Must have been because I don't think she's played any competitive darts for around 14-15 years. But it was a highlight :)
I remember the fuss at the time, there was loads of nonsense about the "sexiest woman in sport" but she was only noticed because it was relative compared to those she was playing.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:23 am
I remember the fuss at the time, there was loads of nonsense about the "sexiest woman in sport" but she was only noticed because it was relative compared to those she was playing.
Sure she played one of the Belgian opens not too long ago.
Are you saying she is not attractive David?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

David like his women black. And large. And from North Florida.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ChrisW wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:06 am
15 years ago she was hot for a female darts player. I'm saying it's all relative.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:08 am David like his women black. And large. And from North Florida.
At least I like women.......
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

There were undiscovered tribes in the Amazon rainforest who knew you were going to say that.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:57 am There were undiscovered tribes in the Amazon rainforest who knew you were going to say that.
:D Have they also developed convincing Charlie Chaplin impressions?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:55 am

15 years ago she was hot for a female darts player. I'm saying it's all relative.
Linda Evangelista was not that fit.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ChrisW wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:07 am

She was crap at darts as well.
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:48 am
ChrisW wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:07 am

She was crap at darts as well.
Better than you though :)