Fallon Sherrock

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Rout
International
Posts: 7897
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:19 am

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by Rout » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:42 pm

Murphio wrote:
Rout wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:42 pm
Murphio wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:56 pm
Rout wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:48 pm
A few weeks ago there isnt a single person on here who would argue Fallon is the best female player in the world.

2 TV wins at ally pally and now it's up for debate.

Pixie dust is a magical, wonderful thing.
Is anyone arguing Fallon is the best female player in the world or is this another of your strawmen?
The post above the one I made? Saying its debatable? Which is what I said in my post?
A few weeks on from Ally Pally there is still not a single person arguing Fallon is the best female player in the world. Saying it's 'up for debate' is not making a case for anyone in particular. So yes, it's a strawman argument. And incidentally I think it's interesting you think you can't make a case for how good Fallon is based on a small sample when you stated there were only 2/3 players in the world better than Stephen Bunting after a couple of weeks in the PDC.
You are twisting my words. I never stated that anyone stated Fallon was the best in the world. Read my post again.

Black Velvet
County Player
Posts: 2945
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 1:56 am

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by Black Velvet » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:45 pm

Murphio making shit up to suit his agenda? Say it isn’t so!

User avatar
Murphio
International
Posts: 6331
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by Murphio » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:15 pm

Rout wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:42 pm
Murphio wrote:
Rout wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:42 pm
Murphio wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:56 pm
Rout wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:48 pm
A few weeks ago there isnt a single person on here who would argue Fallon is the best female player in the world.

2 TV wins at ally pally and now it's up for debate.

Pixie dust is a magical, wonderful thing.
Is anyone arguing Fallon is the best female player in the world or is this another of your strawmen?
The post above the one I made? Saying its debatable? Which is what I said in my post?
A few weeks on from Ally Pally there is still not a single person arguing Fallon is the best female player in the world. Saying it's 'up for debate' is not making a case for anyone in particular. So yes, it's a strawman argument. And incidentally I think it's interesting you think you can't make a case for how good Fallon is based on a small sample when you stated there were only 2/3 players in the world better than Stephen Bunting after a couple of weeks in the PDC.
You are twisting my words. I never stated that anyone stated Fallon was the best in the world. Read my post again.
It is perfectly reasonable to argue there is a debate to be had over who is currently the best ladies player in the world and it is also perfectly reasonable to argue that Fallon deserves to be in the conversation. Not just based on the three games at Ally Pally but the fact she had to qualify ahead of many of the top lady players to get there. They were the best performances by any lady on TV - ever. Big scores, big finishes, pressure doubles against top quality opponents and 90 + averages. Of course, that doesn't suit your tired old pish - that the people crediting Fallon for her recent achievements must be blinded by some pro PDC bias. Yawn.

el_ringo
County Player
Posts: 2588
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by el_ringo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:28 pm

For what it's worth I still haven't seen any lady play as well as Maurine Flowers could Deta was close back when she had her time in the PDC and I can't see how you can rank Ashton over Suzuki as Suzuki has defeated her twice en-route to her World Titles and currently as it stands the ONLY person to beat Suzuki in a World Championships match is James Richardson.
Quite where this leaves Fallon I have no idea however I am sure after her 'guest' appearances in the Premier League and World Series we will have a better idea. So far she's the ONLY lady to have beaten any World Ranked Male Player over long sets format so really any other argument is moot until some other lady replicates this.

Rout
International
Posts: 7897
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:19 am

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by Rout » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:39 pm

Murphio wrote:
Rout wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:42 pm
Murphio wrote:
Rout wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:42 pm
Murphio wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:56 pm
Is anyone arguing Fallon is the best female player in the world or is this another of your strawmen?
The post above the one I made? Saying its debatable? Which is what I said in my post?
A few weeks on from Ally Pally there is still not a single person arguing Fallon is the best female player in the world. Saying it's 'up for debate' is not making a case for anyone in particular. So yes, it's a strawman argument. And incidentally I think it's interesting you think you can't make a case for how good Fallon is based on a small sample when you stated there were only 2/3 players in the world better than Stephen Bunting after a couple of weeks in the PDC.
You are twisting my words. I never stated that anyone stated Fallon was the best in the world. Read my post again.
It is perfectly reasonable to argue there is a debate to be had over who is currently the best ladies player in the world and it is also perfectly reasonable to argue that Fallon deserves to be in the conversation. Not just based on the three games at Ally Pally but the fact she had to qualify ahead of many of the top lady players to get there. They were the best performances by any lady on TV - ever. Big scores, big finishes, pressure doubles against top quality opponents and 90 + averages. Of course, that doesn't suit your tired old pish - that the people crediting Fallon for her recent achievements must be blinded by some pro PDC bias. Yawn.
Like I said, just a few weeks ago if you'd have done a poll on here for best female player in the world, I doubt she would even get a vote, maybe 1% at best.

2 wins at ally pally and she is right up there with some.

I stand by the pixie dust argument. Its 2 wins a few days apart in one tournament. Ashton and Suzuki have 6 world titles between them.

Would you change your opinion on the best male player in the world based on 2 wins. In any tournament? Ever? Course not.

You dont have to act so hard done to every time someone voices an opinion you dont agree with. The "give it a rest" I get each time I do is just as tiresome.

User avatar
soulrebel1980
Pub Champion
Posts: 768
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:16 pm
Location: Southampton

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by soulrebel1980 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:39 pm

Lisa Ashton is live on 5 live radio now

User avatar
Murphio
International
Posts: 6331
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by Murphio » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:48 pm

el_ringo wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:28 pm
For what it's worth I still haven't seen any lady play as well as Maurine Flowers could Deta was close back when she had her time in the PDC and I can't see how you can rank Ashton over Suzuki as Suzuki has defeated her twice en-route to her World Titles and currently as it stands the ONLY person to beat Suzuki in a World Championships match is James Richardson.
Quite where this leaves Fallon I have no idea however I am sure after her 'guest' appearances in the Premier League and World Series we will have a better idea. So far she's the ONLY lady to have beaten any World Ranked Male Player over long sets format so really any other argument is moot until some other lady replicates this.
I think it's Mikura at no.1, Lisa at number 2 and Fallon at 3. But it's close - very close - and I wouldn't say there is a clear front runner. On current form I think the three are capable of beating each other on any given day and beating the rest most of the time - including Ana. Of course Fallon's run through the qualifiers and those outstanding performances at Ally Pally have forced her into the conversation. Totally absurd for Rout to to label that as 'pixie dust' - though I should know better by now. Still, at least he's given up on the Wazza guff.

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 20968
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by ssjsa » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:59 pm

Murphio wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:48 pm
el_ringo wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:28 pm
For what it's worth I still haven't seen any lady play as well as Maurine Flowers could Deta was close back when she had her time in the PDC and I can't see how you can rank Ashton over Suzuki as Suzuki has defeated her twice en-route to her World Titles and currently as it stands the ONLY person to beat Suzuki in a World Championships match is James Richardson.
Quite where this leaves Fallon I have no idea however I am sure after her 'guest' appearances in the Premier League and World Series we will have a better idea. So far she's the ONLY lady to have beaten any World Ranked Male Player over long sets format so really any other argument is moot until some other lady replicates this.
I think it's Mikura at no.1, Lisa at number 2 and Fallon at 3. But it's close - very close - and I wouldn't say there is a clear front runner. On current form I think the three are capable of beating each other on any given day and beating the rest most of the time - including Ana. Of course Fallon's run through the qualifiers and those outstanding performances at Ally Pally have forced her into the conversation. Totally absurd for Rout to to label that as 'pixie dust' - though I should know better by now. Still, at least he's given up on the Wazza guff.
I agree with your order of the Top 3., but a case could be made for all 3 being the Top lady over the last couple of months.

Whatever opinion you hold, all 3 have been influential in moving Ladies darts forward and deserve all the praise and accolades they have received.

And Rout can fek off with his pixie dust bullshit. :grin:
Image

PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner

User avatar
Murphio
International
Posts: 6331
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by Murphio » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:01 pm

Rout wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:39 pm
Murphio wrote:
Rout wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:42 pm
Murphio wrote:
Rout wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:42 pm


The post above the one I made? Saying its debatable? Which is what I said in my post?
A few weeks on from Ally Pally there is still not a single person arguing Fallon is the best female player in the world. Saying it's 'up for debate' is not making a case for anyone in particular. So yes, it's a strawman argument. And incidentally I think it's interesting you think you can't make a case for how good Fallon is based on a small sample when you stated there were only 2/3 players in the world better than Stephen Bunting after a couple of weeks in the PDC.
You are twisting my words. I never stated that anyone stated Fallon was the best in the world. Read my post again.
It is perfectly reasonable to argue there is a debate to be had over who is currently the best ladies player in the world and it is also perfectly reasonable to argue that Fallon deserves to be in the conversation. Not just based on the three games at Ally Pally but the fact she had to qualify ahead of many of the top lady players to get there. They were the best performances by any lady on TV - ever. Big scores, big finishes, pressure doubles against top quality opponents and 90 + averages. Of course, that doesn't suit your tired old pish - that the people crediting Fallon for her recent achievements must be blinded by some pro PDC bias. Yawn.
Like I said, just a few weeks ago if you'd have done a poll on here for best female player in the world, I doubt she would even get a vote, maybe 1% at best.

2 wins at ally pally and she is right up there with some.

I stand by the pixie dust argument. Its 2 wins a few days apart in one tournament. Ashton and Suzuki have 6 world titles between them.

Would you change your opinion on the best male player in the world based on 2 wins. In any tournament? Ever? Course not.

You dont have to act so hard done to every time someone voices an opinion you dont agree with. The "give it a rest" I get each time I do is just as tiresome.
You can state a case for why you believe player A is better than player B without your usual, arrogant 'I'm a darts purist and I know better than all you PDC fanboys' schtick.We went down that road with the whole Stephen Bunting/ Ian White debate and all I'll say on that one was that it wasn't me who ended up looking foolish as you predicted.I know this may come as a surprise to you but there are those who prefer PDC darts who dont swill cooking lager, hate both the Toures and happen know a bit about darts. Your need to turn every other post into a PDC v BDO trollfest is tiresome mate.

Rout
International
Posts: 7897
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:19 am

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by Rout » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:03 pm

6 years and I'm the tiresome one.

ChrisW
International
Posts: 27795
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by ChrisW » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:10 pm

One thing is clear. Ladies darts has never been so interesting.

User avatar
Murphio
International
Posts: 6331
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by Murphio » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:12 pm

Rout wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:03 pm
6 years and I'm the tiresome one.
Yeah, tiresome. Six years down the line and you are still going on and on with the same guff. As I said, it just comes across as arrogance and darts snobbery; 'I'm such a darts purist, I love the beautiful game, please bow down at the altar of Rout'. We get it mate - you are the Yeovil Town fan who sees himself as a 'real' football fan - above all those who sold their souls to the corperate interests at Old Trafford and Anfield.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 10754
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by DavidOwen67 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:16 pm

Murphio wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:41 pm
Rout wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:42 pm
Murphio wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:56 pm
Rout wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:48 pm
A few weeks ago there isnt a single person on here who would argue Fallon is the best female player in the world.

2 TV wins at ally pally and now it's up for debate.

Pixie dust is a magical, wonderful thing.
Is anyone arguing Fallon is the best female player in the world or is this another of your strawmen?
The post above the one I made? Saying its debatable? Which is what I said in my post?
A few weeks on from Ally Pally there is still not a single person arguing Fallon is the best female player in the world. Saying it's 'up for debate' is not making a case for anyone in particular. So yes, it's a strawman argument. And incidentally I think it's interesting you think you can't make a case for how good Fallon is based on a small sample when you stated there were only 2/3 players in the world better than Stephen Bunting after a couple of weeks in the PDC.
Very much this.
Careerwise Ashton is the superior player, but Suzuki has won the last 2 Worlds.

Ashton got a Tour Card where Sherrock and Suzuki failed but Sherrock beat her to get to Ally Pally and once there beat male players ranked far higher right now than Ashton did at the Q School lottery.

So Murphio is quite correct when he says it's up for debate.

Very little between the 3 of them right now and as darts is on the day if they all played a round robin no-one could confidently predict the outcome of any one match.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 10754
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by DavidOwen67 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:29 pm

Rout wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:03 pm
6 years and I'm the tiresome one.
Finally. One of your posts that everyone agrees with.

brainim
The Ton Club
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:37 am

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by brainim » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:39 pm

soulrebel1980 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:39 pm
Lisa Ashton is live on 5 live radio now
anyone wanting to hear the interview go to 2 hours 38 minutes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000dhm5

Rout
International
Posts: 7897
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:19 am

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by Rout » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:41 pm

ChrisW wrote:One thing is clear. Ladies darts has never been so interesting.
Very true. I would go as far to say ladies darts in general has had the pixie dust effect. Until very recently it was treat with total contempt by a good chunk of folk. Then suddenly sky are putting countdown clocks on Fallon's next games, it's the biggest event of the whole tournament and now it's being lapped up all over the shop. I am sorry in advance to Murph if he doesnt like the opinion I have represented in this post.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 10754
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by DavidOwen67 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:45 pm

"We'll be hearing her walk on music a lot more"

Only if she qualifies for the majors, which is not that likely.

brainim
The Ton Club
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:37 am

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by brainim » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:48 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:45 pm
"We'll be hearing her walk on music a lot more"

Only if she qualifies for the majors, which is not that likely.
That interview was abysmal, did next to zero research about her.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 10754
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by DavidOwen67 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:50 pm

brainim wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:48 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:45 pm
"We'll be hearing her walk on music a lot more"

Only if she qualifies for the majors, which is not that likely.
That interview was abysmal, did next to zero research about her.
Just listening. He's phoning it in.
No research, soft questions and clearly no interest in darts or even basic knowledge.

User avatar
Murphio
International
Posts: 6331
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by Murphio » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:55 pm

Rout wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:41 pm
ChrisW wrote:One thing is clear. Ladies darts has never been so interesting.
Very true. I would go as far to say ladies darts in general has had the pixie dust effect. Until very recently it was treat with total contempt by a good chunk of folk. Then suddenly sky are putting countdown clocks on Fallon's next games, it's the biggest event of the whole tournament and now it's being lapped up all over the shop. I am sorry in advance to Murph if he doesnt like the opinion I have represented in this post.
Nothing do do with me liking or disliking your opinions mate. It's how they are almost almost always couched with some sort of troll, jibe or snidey comment. IFM was the same and your self appointed attack dog/arse licker Black Velvet has apparantly joined the clique. I enjoy reading your posts which aren't any of the above but unfortunately they appear few and far between these days. To get back to the topic in hand I argued years ago when the PDC went down the ladies darts route that there should be no such thing - it should be unisex. This has now happened, to a degree, and this is the future imo - equal opportunity for all. In the meantime the invites/ ladies qualifiers are a good way of giving ladies opportunities until they catch up.

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”