Where has all the money gone?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Murphio
International

Re: Where has all the money gone?

Post by Murphio »

Skewball wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:08 pm
Murphio wrote:I have never paid any attention to the BDO's accounts so can someone explain how they had that cash surplus to begin with? Do I recall a sale of BDO property? That is a big amount of money for an org that appears to live from hand to mouth. Whatever the case, it's tough to see how the BDO survives going forward.
They have had a nice £600k odd sat in the bank all through the William's era when they managed to break even each year.

And then Des took over.
So, dare I say it, Sue and Wayne weren't doing too badly? Though in truth I don't see how anyone could have survived the Warren Brown fiasco.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Murphio wrote:
Murphio wrote:I have never paid any attention to the BDO's accounts so can someone explain how they had that cash surplus to begin with? Do I recall a sale of BDO property? That is a big amount of money for an org that appears to live from hand to mouth. Whatever the case, it's tough to see how the BDO survives going forward.
They have had a nice £600k odd sat in the bank all through the William's era when they managed to break even each year.

And then Des took over.
So, dare I say it, Sue and Wayne weren't doing too badly? Though in truth I don't see how anyone could have survived the Warren Brown fiasco.
Sue and Wayne were paying Sportotal £5k a month and were still breaking even. So Des blaming Sportotal for all the current issues is a fekkin joke.
Big Jock Knew
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

You are TT and I claim my £5
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Ginge wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:39 pm
Murphio wrote:

And then Des took over.
Sue and Wayne were paying Sportotal £5k a month and were still breaking even. So Des blaming Sportotal for all the current issues is a fekkin joke.
If the BDO was self sustaining then the future might not be as bleak as been painted with a change of management. Clearly Sue and Wayne were doing OK but, like I say, the Warren Brown thing was suicide.
davcol
Superleague Player

Post by davcol »

Been losing money for years i thought..
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

davcol wrote:Been losing money for years i thought..
Nope. Just hadnt been making it.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Not at all.

Just under Des.
davcol
Superleague Player

Post by davcol »

Skewball wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:18 pm
Not at all.

Just under Des.
Im sure i read on this site that year in year out the accounts showed a consistent loss. If im wrong then i apologise.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

davcol wrote:
Not at all.

Just under Des.
Im sure i read on this site that year in year out the accounts showed a consistent loss. If im wrong then i apologise.
May have been a couple of grand here and there but not much in the grand scheme of things.
Big Jock Knew
davcol
Superleague Player

Post by davcol »

Ginge wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:24 pm
davcol wrote:
Not at all.

Just under Des.
May have been a couple of grand here and there but not much in the grand scheme of things.
Well in that case there needs to be a thorough breakdown of the expenses but is anyone that surprised by all this ? Des is a moron and shouldnt of been put in any kind of authority role.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Despite Des's proclamations, there are no longer any (noteworthy) sponsors delivering revenue to the major comps.

I guess the main reason the horse-braider has constantly lied about having sponsors for these events is because he knows, as do most other people, how critical those revenues are to making the difference between breaking even and losing significant amounts.

The loss of Winmau was the last nail in the sponsorship coffin.

Clearly One80 are just giving them a few boards and L-style seem to have vanished altogether from the stage logos, so it seems even those 2 companies were never in any significant partnership with the BDO.

Which bring us to the key question.

Why, in a time when critical revenues from sponsorship had been completely lost, would you take the colossal gamble of moving your flagship event away from a venue with guaranteed attendance?

At the same time, why would you singularly fail to make tickets available for this new venue, charge unrealistic prices, and have virtually no promotion of the event apart from the Chairman's wife haranguing people on a small Facebook group that actually claims to support them?

Once again it comes down to 4 things. Too much power in the wrong hands, arrogance, incompetence and stupidity.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

One more general question about Social Media.

If you ever see a couple that has just the one Facebook account between them, do you (like me) find yourself asking "I wonder which one cheated?"
bovvered
The Ton Club

Post by bovvered »

My guess is des, no doubt the fella he cheated with is avvin it if she catches him
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Leave Sam alone.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

You lot are very naughty.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Certainly didn’t put any more towards production costs.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:03 am Despite Des's proclamations, there are no longer any (noteworthy) sponsors delivering revenue to the major comps.

I guess the main reason the horse-braider has constantly lied about having sponsors for these events is because he knows, as do most other people, how critical those revenues are to making the difference between breaking even and losing significant amounts.

The loss of Winmau was the last nail in the sponsorship coffin.

Clearly One80 are just giving them a few boards and L-style seem to have vanished altogether from the stage logos, so it seems even those 2 companies were never in any significant partnership with the BDO.

Which bring us to the key question.

Why, in a time when critical revenues from sponsorship had been completely lost, would you take the colossal gamble of moving your flagship event away from a venue with guaranteed attendance?

At the same time, why would you singularly fail to make tickets available for this new venue, charge unrealistic prices, and have virtually no promotion of the event apart from the Chairman's wife haranguing people on a small Facebook group that actually claims to support them?

Once again it comes down to 4 things. Too much power in the wrong hands, arrogance, incompetence and stupidity.
What a shite post.

Speedway from the Isle of Wight are keeping the BDO afloat.... :DDD: :DDD:
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ILAD wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:13 pm
What a shite post.

Pauly has messaged me that it is nonsense.

He says One80 and L-Style are putting in more than Winmau ever did.

He also says their logos aren't on display at the Indigoat because they sponsor the BDO and not the comp!!

I really can't tell if he's on the wind up or if he's been on the cider early.

He also said that that new money was used to buy 500 boards. I'm a little baffled by him.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:34 pm
ILAD wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:13 pm
What a shite post.

Pauly has messaged me that it is nonsense.

He says One80 and L-Style are putting in more than Winmau ever did.

He also says their logos aren't on display at the Indigoat because they sponsor the BDO and not the comp!!

I really can't tell if he's on the wind up or if he's been on the cider early.

He also said that that new money was used to buy 500 boards. I'm a little baffled by him.
Not really sure what to think of that, very odd.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Hes right about them not sponsoring the event though. And by more they probably give the BDO 10 free boards a year rather than the 5 they used to get from Winmau.
Big Jock Knew