Re: BDO not paying its bills?

Post by deathrides »

Time for some more crowdfunding
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

deathrides wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:52 pm Time for some more crowdfunding
As long as its not tonight's crowd at the Indigo, they'd get 37p and a half eaten Werthers original.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paul Booth has apparently claimed on his FB that "someone from the BDO" has recieved death threats to them and family members. Probably doesnt take a genius to work out who they have been directed at, if true.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:30 pm Paul Booth has apparently claimed on his FB that "someone from the BDO" has recieved death threats to them and family members. Probably doesnt take a genius to work out who they have been directed at, if true.
"Death threats" is something scammers claim when they've been rumbled or exposed on social media.

It's almost always a lie that it's happened. And even on the rare occasion that some keyboard warrior sends an actual threat of violence/death it's just that, a meaningless act of a keyboard warrior.

Total bull and deflection from whomever made the claim.

Have they posted screenshots of the threats?
Have they named those responsible?
Have they contacted the police?

I bet the answer to all those questions is no because the "threats" are completely made up.
Gruntface
Pub Champion

Post by Gruntface »

The only thing in danger of being killed off is the BDO itself.
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

Ginge wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:30 pm Paul Booth has apparently claimed on his FB that "someone from the BDO" has recieved death threats to them and family members. Probably doesnt take a genius to work out who they have been directed at, if true.
Did he read that off his cue cards before typing it up..
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Ah.... so the exit strategy appears. What price 'I have no choice but to leave for the safety of my family'. Anyone give me even money?
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Murphio wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:52 pm Ah.... so the exit strategy appears. What price 'I have no choice but to leave for the safety of my family'. Anyone give me even money?
Remember. The "Death threats" excuse is never genuine.
PVDarts501
Steady Sixties

Post by PVDarts501 »

Ginge wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:58 pm https://dartsnews.com/bdo-in-debt-with- ... -response/

Proper English language article rather than just a translation
You are the first ever person to say my English is ''proper'' :grin:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

PVDarts501 wrote:
Ginge wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:58 pm https://dartsnews.com/bdo-in-debt-with- ... -response/

Put it this way...you write in English better than I can write in Dutch!
Big Jock Knew
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:38 pm
"Death threats" is something scammers claim when they've been rumbled or exposed on social media.

It's almost always a lie that it's happened. And even on the rare occasion that some keyboard warrior sends an actual threat of violence/death it's just that, a meaningless act of a keyboard warrior.

I bet the answer to all those questions is no because the "threats" are completely made up.
Yes, it's completely unbelievable that online trolls would take things too far. I mean it is not like the trolls on here have not made fun of the players' partners, kids, etc.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

How about the brothers of forum members?
Big Jock Knew
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Ginge wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:39 pm How about the brothers of forum members?
Fancy a game of snooker?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
TheVillan
The Ton Club

Post by TheVillan »

Wazza180 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:37 pm

Yes, it's completely unbelievable that online trolls would take things too far. I mean it is not like the trolls on here have not made fun of the players' partners, kids, etc.
True, Mark. However, in hoping that the wrong organisation doesn't die, you would surely agree that such serious allegations should be referred to the proper authorities and be thoroughly investigated in order to assuage the possibility that they be viewed as egregiously exaggerated?

Edit: FFS Ginge...
Last edited by TheVillan on Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Wazza180 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:37 pm

Oh dear, Rout.

Apart from DBG have you ever seen a "Death threat" on here.

More importantly, have you ever seen a real one.

Name calling is not a death threat.
Now stop crying and sod off.
PVDarts501
Steady Sixties

Post by PVDarts501 »

Ginge wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:32 pm
PVDarts501 wrote:

Put it this way...you write in English better than I can write in Dutch!
That's probably true...
PVDarts501
Steady Sixties

Post by PVDarts501 »

I have just been told Des Jacklin has received four more summons to go to court as he/BDO owes people money.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

PVDarts501 wrote:I have just been told Des Jacklin has received four more summons to go to court as he/BDO owes people money.
Oh dear. Any idea who from?
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:46 pm
PVDarts501 wrote:I have just been told Des Jacklin has received four more summons to go to court as he/BDO owes people money.
Oh dear. Any idea who from?
Does it matter? They obviously don't have a pot to piss in.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:42 pm

Oh dear, Rout.

Apart from DBG have you ever seen a "Death threat" on here.

More importantly, have you ever seen a real one.

Name calling is not a death threat.
Now stop crying and sod off.
Ironically

Not quite sure it went as far as a death threat but Des did use some choice words in describing the community on here at times in his posts sad wankers etc and I also believe he had a discussion with Oche where he warned him of talking bad of Paula or else !

I think as well the video that was posted of Paula could well be interpreted as a possible death threat of 'aving it

Sp yes its possible that death threats or at least near death threats have been posted on here all by the Jackchin's themselves.