Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Skewball
International

Re: BDO not paying its bills?

Post by Skewball »

nikkiboy wrote:
Skewball wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:15 am
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:54 am Right then, so what is this? Skewy?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... 98/charges

Amount secured
All monies due or to become due from the company to the chargee on any account whatsoever

Short particulars
2, pages lane, muswell hill, london t/no ngl 63723.
That's been on there for years, as Skewy says probably discharged and no longer valid.

The only way it will link back to the main company (BDO) is if assets have been transferred at zero or under value or if they have deliberately run up debts on this company (Enterprises) which have benefited the parent company (BDO).
The reason they will want someone to call in the debt is it will cost Enterprises nothing to get closed down as the creditor will pay for the initial court costs and then bankruptcy and insolvency costs will be paid out of Enterprises assets or if there are no assets it will be closed down and struck off. BDO are only liable for the initial share investment, i.e. a couple of quid.

In short unless they've done anything dodgy (which at the moment looks unlikely) it won't affect the BDO main company, except their already rock bottom reputation.
Yeah, bdo Ltd will be fine.

Its the directors I would be more fearful for........
The only real action is to be struck off and that's IF they have acted unlawfully. Doubt there will be any recourse beyond that. For Des that means he signs his shares in other companies over to the Mrs. It won't come to that though.

Of course the other train of thought is that Enterprises was beyond saving with massive debts and no money and he has done the correct thing in allowing it to go under and concentrating on getting BDO in the black. We don't know the full circumstances but he may have made the only sensible business decision.
I disagree. If Des has gone into this tournament knowing it cant be afforded and that Enterprises will be insolvent afterwards then hes in big trouble.
The parent company is fine and needs no 'work' to keep it safe
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Skewball wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:29 am
nikkiboy wrote:
Skewball wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:15 am
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:54 am Right then, so what is this? Skewy?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... 98/charges

Amount secured
All monies due or to become due from the company to the chargee on any account whatsoever

Short particulars
2, pages lane, muswell hill, london t/no ngl 63723.
That's been on there for years, as Skewy says probably discharged and no longer valid.

The only way it will link back to the main company (BDO) is if assets have been transferred at zero or under value or if they have deliberately run up debts on this company (Enterprises) which have benefited the parent company (BDO).
The reason they will want someone to call in the debt is it will cost Enterprises nothing to get closed down as the creditor will pay for the initial court costs and then bankruptcy and insolvency costs will be paid out of Enterprises assets or if there are no assets it will be closed down and struck off. BDO are only liable for the initial share investment, i.e. a couple of quid.

In short unless they've done anything dodgy (which at the moment looks unlikely) it won't affect the BDO main company, except their already rock bottom reputation.
Yeah, bdo Ltd will be fine.

Its the directors I would be more fearful for........
The only real action is to be struck off and that's IF they have acted unlawfully. Doubt there will be any recourse beyond that. For Des that means he signs his shares in other companies over to the Mrs. It won't come to that though.

Of course the other train of thought is that Enterprises was beyond saving with massive debts and no money and he has done the correct thing in allowing it to go under and concentrating on getting BDO in the black. We don't know the full circumstances but he may have made the only sensible business decision.
I disagree. If Des has gone into this tournament knowing it cant be afforded and that Enterprises will be insolvent afterwards then hes in big trouble.
The parent company is fine and needs no 'work' to keep it safe
You're assuming that this tournament is being run under Enterprises and not BDO
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
bovvered
The Ton Club

Post by bovvered »

Pretty sure it is enterprises
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

bovvered wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:34 pm Pretty sure it is enterprises
of course it is, that is who all the contracts are with (Sportotal etc)
bovvered
The Ton Club

Post by bovvered »

At least cyprus and torremolinos are still going, will still find the regular bunch of people who take just under £10k in cash in their luggage so the hotels can be paid in cash!
Anybody who thinks they dont make money from them is wrong and its all done in cash
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Any company worth its salt before doing business with Enterprises would of used due diligence on their financial position before exposing themself to a potential massive loss and thus would of ensured that personal guarantees were in place on any debts for services or goods rendered.

There are also several laws in place to ensure that 'Long Firming' isn't as easy as people assume Des would be doing.
bishbashbosh180
Brass Darts

Post by bishbashbosh180 »

On paper this looks OK but a big issue is where is the IP held. Hopefully they have the right paperwork in place because if the IP ends up
with the administrator then might have issues operating BDO Ltd. Also how clean are the operating expenses between the two companies
as any decent administrator will have that at the top of their list for recovery.
davcol
Superleague Player

Post by davcol »

I hope someone gives Des a knuckle sandwich.
bovvered
The Ton Club

Post by bovvered »

He may have done a reggie perrin 😂
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Yet more positive press...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/10706251 ... ssion=true

£20k that Dutch company is owed Image
Big Jock Knew
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Funny I was going to mention the other night that Paula was sat in the crowd on her own - Des is reportedly awol and no wonder.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Murphio wrote:Funny I was going to mention the other night that Paula was sat in the crowd on her own - Des is reportedly awol and no wonder.
Foggs mentioned on Monday he was there, getting people to move forward.
Big Jock Knew
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Did oche get a word in his ear?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Sawley Al
Steady Sixties

Post by Sawley Al »

bovvered wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:18 pm He may have done a reggie perrin 😂
More likely has fooked off to Cyprus on the sly, the guy is allegedly to thick to realise what a "Perrin" is!
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:04 pm
Murphio wrote:Funny I was going to mention the other night that Paula was sat in the crowd on her own - Des is reportedly awol and no wonder.
If wearing an arm sling it was definitely him I briefly saw
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Are we going to go a full day without some "positive" press in the Sun or Metro?
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

ILAD wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:29 pm Did oche get a word in his ear?
Nope
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

oche balboa wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:03 pm
ILAD wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:29 pm Did oche get a word in his ear?
Nope
All talk and no action, what a surprise.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Of course
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:04 pm
Probably running into London offices 'Apprentice style' with wads of tickets.