International

Dig deep everyone!

Post by Ginge »

Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Re: Dig deep everyone!

Post by Ginge »

Without a doubt the most ludicrous Gofundme ever posted on here, and I include the ones Lee Hayes started in that sweeping statement.
Big Jock Knew
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

An extra 10 grand between the 4 of them isn't going to make any difference is it?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Has someone given Sportotal the link?

They should chip in out of embarrassment.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The Cat wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:45 pm An extra 10 grand between the 4 of them isn't going to make any difference is it?
If ANY of the men need extra money, then surely that would be the Canadian and the America who ended up getting £1500 rather than the £2000 they were promised.

But no, give a few more quid to two Welshman, an Englishman and a Belgian, none of whom had to travel particularly far, and none of who will be out of pocket. Utterly retarded.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ha, just seen the blurb on that page, he wants to split it 50/20/15/15 and raise a total of £10k :DDD:
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ginge wrote:Ha, just seen the blurb on that page, he wants to get his name in the news while the press is reporting on this and has interest:
Yup
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

May as well copy the blurb on here as I suspect it gets deleted at some point...
I, as many of the real BDO Fanatics and Darts Fans in general were appauled by the slashing of the prize fund and lack of transparency from the BDO Board in terms of communication to the players in their release of the funds of the 2020 BDO World Championships.

While I am a massive supporter of the Ladies and Youth especially the total prize fund was slashed unfairly with £168k of the £170k reduction from 2019 going out the mens prize fund - and while the fair thing to do would have been to place each prize under the same percentage of reduction, the winners prize was slashed by 77% when the total reduction was just over 50%, the runners up prize and semi finalists prize in the mens were the only areas affected by over the percentage while many other prizes received minimal reductions.

The ladies also signed a contract stating an increase in prize money for this year after being treated second-class for a very long time only to have their money slashed lower than 2019, and the most dissapointing the youth who had to travel to one tournament to qualify, stayed exactly the same. It just isnt fair when the Mens and Ladies travel around Europe (in most part) incurring great expense to qualify for the World Championships.

I am hoping to raise £10,000 to pay some of the losses occured to the semi finalists, runner up & winner - while I believe this is unlikely the idea is to try and least cover a vast amount of the expenses these players in the last 4 and will donate the following from every pound raised (after any gofundme fees are taken)

Wayne Warren (BDO World Champion) - 50p from every £1 (£5,000 in total if goal is reached)

Jim Williams (Runner Up - 20p from every £1 (£2,000 in total if goal is reached)

Mario Vandenbogaerde (Semis - 15p from every £1 (£1,500 in total if goal is reached)

Scott Mitchell (Semis - 15p from every £1 (£1,500 in total if goal is reached)

I realise others occured expenses and had cuts in prize fund and I am sorry that it came to that but I cannot sit back and do nothing and if all funds were slashed by the same percentage you would have got less the 4 above would have received more.

If anyone can spare anything or share this accross Social Media I would be extremely grateful!
Big Jock Knew
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

How could anyone even consider giving anything to that. If you got money to give away give it to one of the many decent charities not to fund darts
players who have still made thousands over the last week.

Its an embarrassment.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Dear oh dear, Bradley Kirk give your head a shake son
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Has someone pointed out on Fanatics that this is utterly ludicrous?
Big Jock Knew
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

How many tickets did he buy?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Not a fan of this type of thing, Understood why Spud did it for the ladies.

The shame should be brought to Des and the BDO
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I was going to donate a quid and tell him in the message that he was a silly c*nt, but minimum is a fiver, so sod that.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:02 pm I was going to donate a quid and tell him in the message that he was a silly c*nt, but minimum is a fiver, so sod that.
Bradders hating on Bradders
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:03 pm
Ginge wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:02 pm I was going to donate a quid and tell him in the message that he was a silly c*nt, but minimum is a fiver, so sod that.
Bradders hating on Bradders
On this occasion, entirely justified.
Big Jock Knew
dartsyoungun
The Ton Club

Post by dartsyoungun »

Couldn't agree more with the villa man which is difficult for a mag but if you have any spare cash don't waste it on this shitshow, give it to cancer research, british heart foundation, help for heroes etc . Do feel sorry for all those players who have , at the moment played for nowt but that is what you get when you put people in charge who are out of their economic depth.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:57 pm Has someone pointed out on Fanatics that this is utterly ludicrous?
I replied on both fanatics it is not a good idea. Check replies later.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

Bradley Kirk is going to be Avin it when Paula finds out...
samtyler1973
Brass Darts

Post by samtyler1973 »

devosteve wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:23 pm
Ginge wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:57 pm Has someone pointed out on Fanatics that this is utterly ludicrous?
I replied on both fanatics it is not a good idea. Check replies later.
Can't find it on Fanatics now think it's been pulled