Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Rout
International

Re: QS Zero leg club

Post by Rout »

Original Post Updated

UK school halved today, from 12 to 6

Euro school went from 12 to 7.

13 Names remain for tomorrow for potential membership in this exclusive club.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Don’t know whether this was missed before, but the other day Nathan Richards (“Gingerami”) won a game 5-0. He has cashed in 1 out of 153 previous tournaments.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Dannyboy wrote:Don’t know whether this was missed before, but the other day Nathan Richards (“Gingerami”) won a game 5-0. He has cashed in 1 out of 153 previous tournaments.
"Dream, believe, achieve"
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Rout wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:57 am
Dannyboy wrote:Don’t know whether this was missed before, but the other day Nathan Richards (“Gingerami”) won a game 5-0. He has cashed in 1 out of 153 previous tournaments.
He had 1 win out of his previous 109 matches in 4 years and 2 cashes in all 203 tournaments in his PDC "career". He actually beat Peter Manley in QSchool a few years ago...

Just to give a bit of background, he played 9 tournaments in the 2016 development tour. He won a grand total of zero legs.

He had a bit more of an active 2017 season. He played 21 tournaments and won 14 legs...

He started to take it more seriously in the 2018 season. He played in 36 tournaments, but again only won 16 legs.

You know the ol' saying about quitting, so last season he thought he'd give it another go try and gain a bit of cash. In 2019, he played 40 tournaments and won 9 legs including 50 legs against without reply.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Schleinitz and Payr dont look to have entered today so we are down to 5 runners in Euro school.

Yadav and Holyhead are no shows at uk school too. So we have just 4 runners left there.

And to add some gripping tension one of them has only gone and drawn DBG.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
topcat24
Brass Darts

Post by topcat24 »

But Gingerami made the bbc report about the Q school, even got his photo in, so he will live off that for several years
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Don't you think instead of offering a prize to the prediction winners, the money should be spent on a commemorative pin?

"The Golden Turd" award?
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Rout wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:18 am Schleinitz and Payr dont look to have entered today so we are down to 5 runners in Euro school.

Yadav and Holyhead are no shows at uk school too. So we have just 4 runners left there.

DBG should actually win that, but I fancy our Hero with Zero to break that duck.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Dannyboy wrote:
Rout wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:57 am
He had 1 win out of his previous 109 matches in 4 years and 2 cashes in all 203 tournaments in his PDC "career". He actually beat Peter Manley in QSchool a few years ago...

Just to give a bit of background, he played 9 tournaments in the 2016 development tour. He won a grand total of zero legs.

He had a bit more of an active 2017 season. He played 21 tournaments and won 14 legs...

He started to take it more seriously in the 2018 season. He played in 36 tournaments, but again only won 16 legs.

You know the ol' saying about quitting, so last season he thought he'd give it another go try and gain a bit of cash. In 2019, he played 40 tournaments and won 9 legs including 50 legs against without reply.
I take it you understood my quote?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Rout wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:18 am Schleinitz and Payr dont look to have entered today so we are down to 5 runners in Euro school.

DBG should actually win that, but I fancy our Hero with Zero to break that duck.
Hard to disagree with that
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Rout wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:21 am I take it you understood my quote?
No, of course not.
Edit: Now I'm with you... Jesus Christ. I thought it was just a generic quip.
Last edited by Dannyboy on Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

And if you're reading this thread Nathan, I do apologise - I mean no ills, but when I read something like this I feel hard to be sympathetic...

"One of them is Gingerami. By night, Gingerami (real name Nathan Richards) works 12-hour shifts at the Amazon warehouse in Peterborough. By day, he spends every spare penny he has chasing his dream of playing professional darts. He’s brash and confident, fist-bumping everyone he sees, telling his next opponent he’s “already booked him a taxi home”. He’s also, in five years at Q-School, yet to win a single match.

The main arena, by contrast, is characterised by an unnerving and reverential hush; at least until early afternoon, when an enormous roar goes up. Finally, in his sixth year of trying, Gingerami has won his first ever match. “Five-nil,” he crows. “This is the year. I’ve had five sambucas and I’m going to get my tour card. Alas, the dream dies in round two as Gingerami is handed a 5-2 defeat and a warning for his behaviour at the oche.

Credit: Liew in the Guardian yesterday.
Jowinho1987
Brass Darts

Post by Jowinho1987 »

Kevin Grebe lost 5-0 today, so 0 legs won in 4 days
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

He's clearly "not square" as my grandfather would have said.

Wins one game after all those hammerings and is going to get a card, drinking like a fish, all the odd behaviour. Needs help, clearly.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:41 am He's clearly "not square" as my grandfather would have said.

Wins one game after all those hammerings and is going to get a card, drinking like a fish, all the odd behaviour. Needs help, clearly.
DBG??
samrev180
The Ton Club

Post by samrev180 »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:41 am He's clearly "not square" as my grandfather would have said.

Who cares?? Since he's discovered alcohol he is good value for entertainment at comps
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Van der mescht posts a 36av and a 0-5 to join the club in style!
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Fathers doing himself proud today. A whitewash against DBG surely deserves an honourable mention.
Last edited by ChrisW on Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Monaghan falls at the final fence with a 1-5.

Over in Euro school as has been stated Grebe also heads to the clubhouse with a 0-5 to ensure his green zero leg jacket is secure.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

ChrisW wrote:Fathers doing himself proud today. a whitewash against DBG surely deserves an honourable mention.
And the second uk member is confirmed. Surely no finer way to join this exclusive outfit than a whitewash by daveyboy.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.