Attachments
Screenshot_20200307-145800_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200307-145800_Samsung Internet.jpg (576.57 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
ssjsa
International

Re: Ladbrokes 2020 UK Open 6-8 March Somerset

Post by ssjsa »

Thehateful180 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:01 pm
ssjsa wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:49 pm Cross could be the dark horse to win this.

Would not be a disaster for me, as have Cross at 25/1 to win, albeit by mistake.

Don't use online betting, so as per normal jumped my back fence to put on our family bets for the UK Open.

My partner always bets Price, so put that on for her at 13/2. My daughter always picks Aspinall, and I thought there would be a winner outside the Top 3 so I stupidly picked Michael Smith at 18/1.

Anyway, I used the machine inside the betting shop to put on the 3 bets and was only when I checked the betting slip when I returned home, I had inadvertently put on Cross rather than Aspinall. So my daughter has got Cross at 25/1, however I would have had to give her the money myself had Nathan won.
I don't wish to sound rude, but that is one of the least interesting posts I've ever read anywhere.
Not rude in the slightest. You are perfectly entitled to your opinion.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

phil davies wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:00 pm
WizardofozFan wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:51 pm Well that's Price & Gurney into the semi-finals then zzzzzzz
Hopefully Jelle dumps out Gurney.

A semi final lineup of Clayton, Price, Jelle and MvG/Cross(likely MvG) would be quite good. All good fast paced players with nice throws to watch.

Not a fan of Gurney, don’t like watching people with little backswing like Hughes don’t mind Dimi seems a nice lad.

We know you don’t like Gurney!

Sometimes name is on pot lad and as others have said he’s rode his luck and taking advantage so fair play. There is also no doubting his world class and a proven major winner (twice).

Devon Peterson has little backswing but you like watching him, no?
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

DavidB wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:25 am
WizardofozFan wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:51 pm Well that's Price & Gurney into the semi-finals then zzzzzzz

A semi final lineup of Clayton, Price, Jelle and MvG/Cross(likely MvG) would be quite good. All good fast paced players with nice throws to watch.

Not a fan of Gurney, don’t like watching people with little backswing like Hughes don’t mind Dimi seems a nice lad.

Sometimes name is on pot lad and as others have said he’s rode his luck and taking advantage so fair play. There is also no doubting his world class and a proven major winner (twice).

Good Lord. I know you were chasing Phil again, but I actually agree with the content of your post.

There's a first.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:13 am

Good Lord. I know you were chasing Phil again, but I actually agree with the content of your post.

There's a first.

Why thank you, can’t say I’ve ever agreed with the content of any of your posts ;-)

Actually I was just replying to his post as I do anyone else, whether you believe it or not is another matter!
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Gruntface wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:01 pm Gurney so good he beat Cross as well :grin:

Blimey, if another darts organisation made a similar mistake...
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

DavidB wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:59 am

There's a first.

Why thank you, can’t say I’ve ever agreed with the content of any of your posts ;-)

Actually I was just replying to his post as I do anyone else, whether you believe it or not is another matter!
Except you mean "ridden" instead of "rode". :D
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

ssjsa wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:49 pm Cross could be the dark horse to win this.

Would not be a disaster for me, as have Cross at 25/1 to win, albeit by mistake.

Don't use online betting, so as per normal jumped my back fence to put on our family bets for the UK Open.

My partner always bets Price, so put that on for her at 13/2. My daughter always picks Aspinall, and I thought there would be a winner outside the Top 3 so I stupidly picked Michael Smith at 18/1.

Anyway, I used the machine inside the betting shop to put on the 3 bets and was only when I checked the betting slip when I returned home, I had inadvertently put on Cross rather than Aspinall. So my daughter has got Cross at 25/1, however I would have had to give her the money myself had Nathan won.

There are several dark horses inc. Cross (only based on his form and a couple of close matches in this event mind).

Will MvG just power through, that is the question? If he plays like he did against Wade then he’ll probably do just that but I’m not so sure he will...
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:01 am
DavidB wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:59 am

There's a first.

Except you mean "ridden" instead of "rode". :D

You were so amazed at agreeing with me that you only just spotted that? :grin:
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Yes :D
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
phil davies wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:00 pm
DavidB wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:59 pm
phil davies wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:57 pm
DavidB wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:47 pm

He’s not a full time darts player or were you being funny anyway??
Troll not recognising trolling there ;-)

haha he wasn’t trolling Mr Stalker, so any luck?? :grin:
Um yes he was trolling to certain Mr. Owen
Phil. He's just a moron. Sees your name or mine on a post and has to bite.
DavidB also is so stupid he thinks a man that has made nearly £300K from darts in the last 2 years is an amateur.
He must give all the money back to the PDC. It's thed only possible explanation. I feel so foolish. :D
Who is thed?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Cross isn’t a dark horse to win this

His 4th in the world, World Matchplay Champion & Finalist last year
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

Cross isn't a dark horse really as a player who has won the World Championship, the World Matchplay, the European Championship and was in this UK Open final last year should never be a dark horse..

But to me he just seems a bit under par.. He has spells where it looks like he could never be beaten when his release is perfect but then drops into spells where the release is wrong and looks snatchy....
I wouldn't put much on him beating MVG today at all as I don't think he will be consistent enough over a long period..
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

"Gezzy"

oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Gerwyn Price will be tough to beat. 102 average vs 103

Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I once ate a Belgian waffle, so I am really disappointed my fellow country man is out.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

i hope you find the strength to carry on.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

phil davies wrote:
oche balboa wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:42 pm "Gezzy"
Yes that’s what he is known as. Pretty much everyone around here would call him Gezzy.
Its interesting how names change depending on where you are. Its "Gezzy" where you live, but round here its "obnoxious prick".
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Phil will not be happy. He even thinks Welsh Serial Killers are good people

oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Borespark wanted that free drink from Drupid so did what he said.

Borespark has a circle of mates who he will carry out orders for (Drupid, Bradders, Phil Davies, Skewball)

Its pathetic