BDO 2020 the end ??

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
cel180
Steady Sixties

BDO 2020 the end ??

Post by cel180 »

What does everyone think will happen with the BDO in 2020 lots of players unhappy and even Wayne Warren doesn't think there will be a World Championship in 2021 ?? Be a shame to see it go or you think they will just plod on and do what they are doing ?? Does Eurosport have a deal for someone many years for the Masters, Trophy and WC or not ??
Ginge
International

Re: BDO 2020 the end ??

Post by Ginge »

Aye we needed another thread on this.
Big Jock Knew
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Jesus.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I am sure those that predicted the end every single year since this forum was created will be feeling pretty smug about being correct.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Rout wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:37 pm I am sure those that predicted the end every single year since this forum was created will be feeling pretty smug about being correct.
Yup, much like those that continuously predicted the PDC bubble bursting.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Booji Boy wrote:
Rout wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:37 pm I am sure those that predicted the end every single year since this forum was created will be feeling pretty smug about being correct.
Yup, much like those that continuously predicted the PDC bubble bursting.
Absolutely.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Has the BDO folded yet?
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

My opinion is that there will not be a bdo world championship in 2021. No masters or wdt.

The events around Europe will be refered to as wdf events. Their points will be the important points to get.

A test would be if the bdo reintroduced their payment for points plan. Most wouldn't pay, would they?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

it would be a bit 'rich' for the bdo to ask for payment for anything when they don't pay what they should
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

devosteve wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:51 pm My opinion is that there will not be a bdo world championship in 2021. No masters or wdt.

The events around Europe will be refered to as wdf events. Their points will be the important points to get.

A test would be if the bdo reintroduced their payment for points plan. Most wouldn't pay, would they?
While I concur with mlearned poster one has to remember there’s a contract thats signed providing tournaments for tv coverage, big bill & des have to have a chat with mr eurosport & thrash out if the new tournaments could just slot into tv coverage that’s already organised, however the fact that dessey obviously isn’t going to fall on his sword & facilitate this is already worrying for all parties concerned
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

and god help the day if Bunting ever makes the top3 ;)
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

devosteve wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:51 pm My opinion is that there will not be a bdo world championship in 2021. No masters or wdt.
I wonder if the BDO have actually ever thought to own the intellectual property to the names of tournaments such as the World Masters as you may well find with Winmau being more pro active with the WDF and their recent announcements that a new Winmau WDF World Masters was more than likely
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

Yes the end of the bdo the bank is empty, now its unsanctioned is there really any point of a world champs. My prediction is the WDF will pick up everything that was good about the BDO. The refs, winmau, the official title, even lakeside. Feck it they even took the prestige or what's left of it from the BDO. Hopefully going forward it will become more world wide instead of mainly British and Dutch. Even super league and county don't need the BDO
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Do the bdo still have the rule countries can't put events on county weekends (without permission )?

If so then the wdf will kick that into touch.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

el_ringo wrote:
I wonder if the BDO have actually ever thought to own the intellectual property to the names of tournaments such as the World Masters as you may well find with Winmau being more pro active with the WDF and their recent announcements that a new Winmau WDF World Masters was more than likely
6 years.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Lowland Bloke
Brass Darts

Post by Lowland Bloke »

think the promised extra tv events will be a full series of Highcourt Enforcers: The BDO episodes
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

I'm not sure how there could be.. Not with the WDF tour with equivalent events which will be well supported by top players from UK and around the world.. probably with Winmau involvement and a bit of a hand from the PDC behind the scenes..

Where is Des going to finance everything and get the required sponsorship.. Sponsors available are more likely to go to the WDF TV events than be associated with the BDO
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

When the money runs out that's the end.
From what we know from the prize money debacle that will be sooner rather than later.

Any players confirmed paid yet? I'm hearing not.......
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Can we please remind everyone that this is a BDO group and we dont allow PDC related posts on here.
Been a few posted recently."

Steve e on fanatics still fighting for the bdo cause. He doesn't see it ending?
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

They save money cancel wdt cuz of the virus the rest I said is unlikely but we see after the summer and when things in better

I would maybe call 2 off try save world pro this year but nothing would suprise me