Idea to improve Q School

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Idea to improve Q School

Post by Wazza180 »

- Top 4 ranked BDO players automatically get a tour card.

- Last 4 of the BDO World Championship automatically get a tour card.

- WDF World Champion and top ranked player automatically get a tour card

That leaves a few cards left over for the general public and those who lose their cards. It also rewards excellence in the lower divisions rather than a lucky run in a floor event.

Simple, easy, no fuss.
Deleted User

Re: Idea to improve Q School

Post by Deleted User »

Wazza180 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:37 pm - Top 4 ranked BDO players automatically get a tour card.

These could be the same people.

When you suggest that BDO players get preferential treatment from the PDC ahead of existing PDC players then your trolling sinks from dull to pathetic and dire on the well-known Jacklin Scale.

Kindly sod off.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Wouldn’t disagree in giving the semi finalists of the WDF Championship a tour card or the top 4 ranked. Not both.

Add in the women’s ranking leader, more from CT / DT and best from each of the affiliated tours.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Dannyboy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:42 pm Wouldn’t disagree in giving the semi finalists of the WDF Championship a tour card or the top 4 ranked. Not both.

Add in the women’s ranking leader, more from CT / DT and best from each of the affiliated tours.
Stop it!!!!
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Dannyboy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:42 pm Wouldn’t disagree in giving the semi finalists of the WDF Championship a tour card or the top 4 ranked. Not both.

Agreed.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Black Velvet wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:44 pm

Agreed.
If you agree it emphasises the trolling all the more. As if your help was needed.

End of thread.
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:41 pm
Wazza180 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:37 pm - Top 4 ranked BDO players automatically get a tour card.

These could be the same people.
Then that would just mean more cards up for grabs for the general public.

We are always told that the BDO is the second division. Why not have a proper relegation/promotion system then?
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

Yep.

Make these tours mean something.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

How about they get free entry to Q School rather than a card.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

This 'improves Q School' how exactly? You want to potentially remove 10 cards - a third of the total - and leave the hundreds of other players to fight it out over two schools for 10 cards a piece? As ideas for 'improving Q School' go I don't think you have really thought this through.
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

ChrisW wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:52 pm How about they get free entry to Q School rather than a card.
We are still left with the same problem.

Q School should be free anyway.
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

Murphio wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:52 pm

This 'improves Q School' how exactly? You want to potentially remove 10 cards - a third of the total - and leave the hundreds of other players to fight it out over two schools for 10 cards a piece? As ideas for 'improving Q School' go I don't think you have really thought this through.
I have.

It rewards excellence in the lesser divisions. Rather than just some random joe who turns up on the day.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Wazza180 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:54 pm

I have.

It rewards excellence in the lesser divisions. Rather than just some random joe who turns up on the day.
So it's not about 'improving Q School' at all - rather rewarding excellence in the lesser divisions. I don't think you really thought your reply through either.
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

Murphio wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:56 pm

I have.

So it's not about 'improving Q School' at all - rather rewarding excellence in the lesser divisions. I don't think you really thought your reply through either.
Make the players turn up on different days.

One group plays for a card on day 1

Another on day 2

And so on.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Wazza180 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:57 pm

I have.

Another on day 2

And so on.
I see. I'm glad your thread entitled an 'idea to improve Q School' - which contained zero ideas on how to improve Q school - is now providing ideas which might improve Q School. We got there eventually.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Only difference the PDC could make to tour cards is when they offer a GSOD place to an amateur player they get offered /win a Tour card if they can get out of their qualifier group.

PDC has no need to offer the BDO masses anything for free

and Mr Hearn loves to incentivise things to keep it interesting for us and them
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Wazza180 wrote:

I have.

Another on day 2

And so on.
Ah so then it really would be the L word! Deary me.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Its a wind up from our resident multiple.
As if tHe PDC would help out BDO players ahead of their own.
Leave him be and maybe he'll disappear up his own backside.....
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Dannyboy wrote:Wouldn’t disagree in giving the semi finalists of the WDF Championship a tour card or the top 4 ranked. Not both.

I like the idea of a card for either a womens world champ or highest ranked
Last edited by Rout on Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote:Ah so then it really would be the L word! Deary me.
Can't believe you bit to that drivel, mate.