Challenge tour events time duration

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
County Player

Re: Challenge tour events time duration

Post by 1205 »

oche balboa wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:21 pm How would that have worked
From the quarter-final stage there's only 4 boards in play.
1) If the numbers allow, allow up to the top 32 players of CT2n-1 to skip the preliminary round IN CT2n.
2) Play preliminary round on unused boards.

There were 334 players in CT2.
That means that there were 78 (334 - 256) matches required in the preliminary round.
78 / 3 = 26.
So, 3 matches each on 26 boards to play the extra games, means they can play the preliminary round while CT1 was still in progress, as long as they exclude some players from it. That would save at least 45 minutes.
Excluding up to the last 32 would help allow all players to have some kind of a break.

I don't think that the logistics would be too difficult.
NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH »

TimmyB wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:58 pm
NvH wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:44 pm Some of these ideas are terrible
What ideas do you have, Mark?
Not sure if you're asking seriously (No, I haven't forgotten how you posted all my FB messages to df, but I guess that's in the past :P), but I'm genuinely fine the way things are. The main problem with darts at that level (as I see it), is the prohibitive cost for those coming from outside Europe. So I might be inclined to have Q-schools in Asia, Africa, North and South America, etc.

A lot of the ideas are bad because they either seem to want to increase the number of players (weren't Saturday and Sunday long enough?), or think that the whole world revolves around the UK. My idea might seem counter-intuitive with these new Q-schools, as I doubt there is enough quality to justify 256 players holding Tour Cards, but I really don't like the other ideas at all. The top quality players who narrowly missed out will be fine.
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

NvH wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:38 am
TimmyB wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:58 pm
NvH wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:44 pm Some of these ideas are terrible
What ideas do you have, Mark?
Not sure if you're asking seriously (No, I haven't forgotten how you posted all my FB messages to df, but I guess that's in the past :P), but I'm genuinely fine the way things are. The main problem with darts at that level (as I see it), is the prohibitive cost for those coming from outside Europe. So I might be inclined to have Q-schools in Asia, Africa, North and South America, etc.

A lot of the ideas are bad because they either seem to want to increase the number of players (weren't Saturday and Sunday long enough?), or think that the whole world revolves around the UK. My idea might seem counter-intuitive with these new Q-schools, as I doubt there is enough quality to justify 256 players holding Tour Cards, but I really don't like the other ideas at all. The top quality players who narrowly missed out will be fine.
Good to see you back posting. :)
dartsfan22
The Ton Club

Post by dartsfan22 »

Pdc finally change the format to what I’ve suggested for the last 18 months