Players Championship Tour 2020

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
PreciesJJ
The Ton Club

Re: Players Championship Tour 2020

Post by PreciesJJ »

Black Velvet wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:03 pm
PreciesJJ wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:38 pm
Wazza180 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:36 pm Good on him. Play with a group of friends nearer to home or play in a sterile leisure centre? I know which one I would choose.

The PDC don't try to avoid clashes with county these days (they did appear to once) and with the challenge tour on top it is becoming more difficult to select county squads. Good to see Scott is loyal to his county and makes life easier for them.
Play for nothing in a pub or play for 10k in a professional environment? I know which one I would choose.
Dorset don't play in a pub.
But it's not a professional environment either
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:02 pm
Mensur Suljovic Fan wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:49 am
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:52 am
Ginge wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:45 am Let me guess....county on the Sunday?
Dont really blame him for that, he wasnt in the pro tour until last weekend and has plans already made.
But the point of playing in the Challenge Tour is to get on the ProTour, so it's not as if this would have come as a huge shock to him
Is it

There was 1 place available for 300 odd players, cant imagine most were thinking that this is their ticket on the pro tour in 2 weeks time.
But a) someone like Mitchell would surely fancy their chances, and b) there'll surely be more players from the Challenge Tour able to play future ProTour events (in fact between now and PC1-2, there could well be players dropping out anyway)
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan »

Wazza180 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:36 pm Good on him. Play with a group of friends nearer to home or play in a sterile leisure centre? I know which one I would choose.

The PDC don't try to avoid clashes with county these days (they did appear to once) and with the challenge tour on top it is becoming more difficult to select county squads. Good to see Scott is loyal to his county and makes life easier for them.
Play for nothing in a pub or play for 10k in a professional environment? I know which one I would choose.
Dutchman with a shocking disrespect of county arras there ;)
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Are people actually losing their shit over a player who is keeping his prior commitment
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

PreciesJJ wrote:

I dont know the specifics of the set up where this particular match is, but many county games have a full stage set up, with a referee/caller, multiple markers, maybe walk ons with music and an audience watching only your game on the stage.

Or 32 temporary darts stands in a leisure centre, closed to the public, with one volunteer marker, a handful of people, at best, watching your game(s) leant over a barrier.

Really not sure what you mean by "professional environment" tbh.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

Rout wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:48 pm
PreciesJJ wrote:

I dont know the specifics of the set up where this particular match is, but many county games have a full stage set up, with a referee/caller, multiple markers, maybe walk ons with music and an audience watching only your game on the stage.

Or 32 temporary darts stands in a leisure centre, closed to the public, with one volunteer marker, a handful of people, at best, watching your game(s) leant over a barrier.

They have better clipboards in the leisure centres.
Sally
Pub Champion

Post by Sally »

5093DD94-3C6F-4481-B1C0-3D4FBB305DD4.jpeg
5093DD94-3C6F-4481-B1C0-3D4FBB305DD4.jpeg (249.03 KiB) Viewed 1423 times
Honouring a previous commitment.
Sally
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

So not county at all then! Bet he is getting at least a couple of grand for that, you cant blame him.
Big Jock Knew
PreciesJJ
The Ton Club

Post by PreciesJJ »

PreciesJJ wrote:

So what you're trying to say is that county is better organized than a Pro Tour? Odd.

I have been to both setups, and the playing conditions are way better on the Pro Tour, obviously.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

PreciesJJ wrote:
PreciesJJ wrote:
PreciesJJ wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:38 pm Play for nothing in a pub or play for 10k in a professional environment? I know which one I would choose.

So what you're trying to say is that county is better organized than a Pro Tour? Odd.

I have been to both setups, and the playing conditions are way better on the Pro Tour, obviously.
What specifically do you think is better or more professional?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

TimmyB wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:56 pm
PreciesJJ wrote:

Markers are not volunteers.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

fling wrote:
PreciesJJ wrote:
Black Velvet wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:03 pm Dorset don't play in a pub.

What's the going rate for a marker these days? Genuinely dont know.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Rout wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:48 pm
fling wrote:
PreciesJJ wrote: But it's not a professional environment either

£100 a day on the pro tour. Whereas county officials are volunteers.
PreciesJJ
The Ton Club

Post by PreciesJJ »

Rout wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:44 pm
PreciesJJ wrote:
PreciesJJ wrote:

Professional markers, walls between the lanes, the quiteness in the arena
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

spaceman70 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:57 pm
fling wrote:

That wont go down well with some :grin:
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

spaceman70 wrote:
fling wrote:
Rout wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:48 pm I dont know the specifics of the set up where this particular match is, but many county games have a full stage set up, with a referee/caller, multiple markers, maybe walk ons with music and an audience watching only your game on the stage.

Do they get knives supplied for back stabbing too?
Thinking of one.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

The Crusader wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:20 pm
spaceman70 wrote:
fling wrote:

Move on man, I certainly have. :)
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

spaceman70 wrote:
The Crusader wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:20 pm
spaceman70 wrote:
fling wrote: Markers are not volunteers.
Move on man, I certainly have. :)
Thinking of one.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

PreciesJJ wrote:
PreciesJJ wrote:
PreciesJJ wrote: But it's not a professional environment either

Walls- County matches are played on a single board usually on a stage. The space around is usually much greater than one pro tour lane and there are usually no neighbouring boards. So walls between lanes is irrelevant/incomparable.

Quietness in the arena - are you saying every single pdc televised event is unprofessional?

Professional markers - surely a set up with 2 markers, a computer system linked to screen(s) displaying scores for all in the venue to see AND a referee/caller in addition with microphone is a more "professional" set up than one guy doing it all on his own? And how many of these guys are making their main living from this?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
PreciesJJ
The Ton Club

Post by PreciesJJ »

Rout wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:57 pm
PreciesJJ wrote:
PreciesJJ wrote:

Walls- County matches are played on a single board usually on a stage. The space around is usually much greater than one pro tour lane and there are usually no neighbouring boards. So walls between lanes is irrelevant/incomparable.

Quietness in the arena - are you saying every single pdc televised event is unprofessional?

Professional markers - surely a set up with 2 markers, a computer system linked to screen(s) displaying scores for all in the venue to see AND a referee/caller in addition with microphone is a more "professional" set up than one guy doing it all on his own? And how many of these guys are making their main living from this?
Tbh, comparing a floor event with a sort of staged county event is the best thing to do. So we better stop here.