Rout
International

Re: Players Championship Tour 2020

Post by Rout »

NvH wrote:
spaceman70 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:57 pm
Rout wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:48 pm
fling wrote:
TimmyB wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:56 pm They have better clipboards in the leisure centres.
Markers are not volunteers.
What's the going rate for a marker these days? Genuinely dont know.
£100 a day on the pro tour. Whereas county officials are volunteers.
Seriously? They were volunteering at first, weren't they? Seeing as players don't have to pay the £200 a weekend to play on the Pro Tour these days, where are the PDC getting the money from to pay the markers that kind of money? Kinda wish I'd signed up now lol. I make fewer mistakes than Kerrie Crompton.

OH and sorry for all these questions, but how many markers would the PDC use on an average weekend?
You wouldnt stand a chance unfortunately. These guys are "professionals". The best of the best.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Rout wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:02 pm
NvH wrote:
fling wrote:
Seriously? They were volunteering at first, weren't they? Seeing as players don't have to pay the £200 a weekend to play on the Pro Tour these days, where are the PDC getting the money from to pay the markers that kind of money? Kinda wish I'd signed up now lol. I make fewer mistakes than Kerrie Crompton.

OH and sorry for all these questions, but how many markers would the PDC use on an average weekend?
You wouldnt stand a chance unfortunately. These guys are "professionals". The best of the best.
Didn’t you have something to do with this?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

ILAD wrote:
Rout wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:02 pm
NvH wrote:
Rout wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:48 pm What's the going rate for a marker these days? Genuinely dont know.

Didn’t you have something to do with this?
Did it once when it was a cross forum project to do my bit for df. Hated it. But that was when it was amateurs. Now its professionals only I dont have the required qualifications or experience.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Got chucked out of some vip shindig didn’t you?
Shouldn’t have been there and got busted
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

BlueSpark wrote:Got chucked out of some vip shindig didn’t you?
The pdc invited the markers to a free night at the matchplay. As I did it once I got an invite.

Shortly before the night, they read some comments of mine they didn't like where I criticised the handling of the pdc womens world championship and revoked my markers invitation. I went with a different, perfectly valid ticket instead.

I have never been thrown out of a pdc event.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Rout wrote:
The pdc invited the markers to a free night at the matchplay. As I did it once I got an invite.

Shortly before the night, they read some comments of mine they didn't like where I criticised the handling of the pdc womens world championship and revoked my markers invitation. I went with a different, perfectly valid ticket instead.

And I believe you were kept in drinks for free all night as well. No idea who got you most of those....
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:13 pm
Rout wrote:

And I believe you were kept in drinks for free all night as well. No idea who got you most of those....
Ooft.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

NvH wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:39 pm
fling wrote:
TimmyB wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:56 pm

They have better clipboards in the leisure centres.

They dropped the PC fees when they doubled the Q School fee in 2018, so that's where some of it comes from.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Ginge wrote:
Rout wrote:

Some gossipy old tosser. Cant remember his name.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Less of the "old".
Big Jock Knew
NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH »

1205 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:29 pm
fling wrote:

They dropped the PC fees when they doubled the Q School fee in 2018, so that's where some of it comes from.
Thanks. I guess it makes sense when you're collecting £383,850 (based on 853 entries@£450 a go) and giving no prize money in return. £100 from 128 players for 30 Players Championships would have added up to £384,000 in entry fees. Works out rather well!

Not that it's a bad prize, getting to enter all these tournaments for free. £20k if you win both PCs over a weekend is more than everyone in the BDO system earns except the O2 winner.

Despite the fact they only want the best of the best, and therefore my rather decent counting skills are not required, I still wouldn't wish to work under Stubby after the way he stabbed Spaceman in the back. It was Spaceman's idea after all, just like the sponsorship scheme (I think Skewball maybe had something to do with that as well).

But it's nice the markers get £200 a weekend for their troubles. It should cover travel, food and accommodation and you get to meet your heroes (like Stubby), something you can't put a price on.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Rout wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:05 pm

Why did you spend months blaming Lee for grassing you up then? Ps. He didnt grass you up.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

NvH wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:01 am
1205 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:29 pm
Rout wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:48 pm What's the going rate for a marker these days? Genuinely dont know.

Thanks. I guess it makes sense when you're collecting £383,850 (based on 853 entries@£450 a go) and giving no prize money in return. £100 from 128 players for 30 Players Championships would have added up to £384,000 in entry fees. Works out rather well!

Not that it's a bad prize, getting to enter all these tournaments for free. £20k if you win both PCs over a weekend is more than everyone in the BDO system earns except the O2 winner.

Despite the fact they only want the best of the best, and therefore my rather decent counting skills are not required, I still wouldn't wish to work under Stubby after the way he stabbed Spaceman in the back. It was Spaceman's idea after all, just like the sponsorship scheme (I think Skewball maybe had something to do with that as well).

But it's nice the markers get £200 a weekend for their troubles. It should cover travel, food and accommodation and you get to meet your heroes (like Stubby), something you can't put a price on.
Q School entry fees go to the PDPA not the PDC.
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

Rout wrote:

Was it David Owen? He buys pints for his missus ex so I can't imagine he would have a problem buying drinks for others.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

TimmyB wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:35 am
Rout wrote:

Was it David Owen? He buys pints for his missus ex so I can't imagine he would have a problem buying drinks for others.
No it wasn't, mate.
Big Jock Knew
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

Ginge wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:04 am
TimmyB wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:35 am
Rout wrote:

No it wasn't, mate.
Did you call Barry a c***?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

TimmyB wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:16 am

Did you call Barry a c***?
Didn't see him tbh. Drupes did call Gary Anderson's wife a horrible looking munter though, he is a horrible c*nt.
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Booji Boy wrote:

Why did you spend months blaming Lee for grassing you up then? Ps. He didnt grass you up.
I was told on the night that mr Harrington and mr Porter were aware I was there despite the withdrawal of the markers invitation and weren't happy. I always presumed that was bollox for the simple reason ... why would they care about a nobody like me. I ended up speaking to Mr porter, somehow hastily arranged by the signature thief, at the end of the night as we were leaving, who told me I wasnt welcome at pdc events due to my comments on the womens worlds. Paul, aka Sharky, was the one who blamed Lee for "grassing" - I think/presume it was because Lee was one of the people that told me/us that harrington/porter were irked. I never thought that and me and lee joked several times about it. Paul wasnt a well person and lost the plot a bit towards the end sadly.

If I got turfed out I would admit it. Would be a proud badge of honour for a 'pdc hater'. But I didn't and was never told I shouldn't attend. I just was told my markers invitation had been withdrawn.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Rout wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:31 pm
Booji Boy wrote:

I was told on the night that mr Harrington and mr Porter were aware I was there despite the withdrawal of the markers invitation and weren't happy. I always presumed that was bollox for the simple reason ... why would they care about a nobody like me. I ended up speaking to Mr porter, somehow hastily arranged by the signature thief, at the end of the night as we were leaving, who told me I wasnt welcome at pdc events due to my comments on the womens worlds. Paul, aka Sharky, was the one who blamed Lee for "grassing" - I think/presume it was because Lee was one of the people that told me/us that harrington/porter were irked. I never thought that and me and lee joked several times about it. Paul wasnt a well person and lost the plot a bit towards the end sadly.

If I got turfed out I would admit it. Would be a proud badge of honour for a 'pdc hater'. But I didn't and was never told I shouldn't attend. I just was told my markers invitation had been withdrawn.
Fair do's. I stand corrected. Yes the passing of your brother was a very sad thing to see, particularly how it played out on forums. But he will always be remembered fondly by me on account of him accusing this site of promoting ladyboy websites in our adds without knowing that adds were personalized based on the users browsing history. A very amusing moment indeed.
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

fling wrote:
TimmyB wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:56 pm

They have better clipboards in the leisure centres.

The players on the challenge tours pay a supplement on top of their entry fee to pay for the markers. This also used to be the case for pro tours before they scrapped the entry fee.

At Q School there was about 45 markers.

Losing players are very grateful that they no longer have to mark after getting beat.