Televising the BICC ffs

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
DavidB
International

Re: Televising the BICC ffs

Post by DavidB »

nikkiboy wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:05 pm
oche balboa wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:03 pm David Owen's list of abuse

- Called various women "Heffers", "Fat", "Minging" "no tits", When confronted he accused people of Bullying him so the action was dropped
- Overspends at the bar and put's it on the county accounts, its losing money but Owen's doesnt care "I'm a star of the BICC"
- Told a leading player of Cheshire's team to "fek off you fat bottling twat" after he didnt go to Q School
- Has been told of his body odour is putting off players & fans, Again claims of bullying so action was dropped
- 246 cases of social media abuses to BICC, BDO players & Staff
I thought this may be genuine until you posted this, now we know it's bullshit.
David is the best English caller on the circuit.

And I thought you were being genuine until you said that last comment :grin:
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ChrisW wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:03 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:36 pm
oche balboa wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:26 pm Why it’s private information
Hahaha!! And we'll all be cold in the ground before you learn to use Photoshop. :D
Since when do you need photoshop to take a screen cap.
You don't for a genuine one.
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

Richard James Plowman What gives you the impression that County matches are being Televised.
Have you actually read the letter or just listened yet again to what people have said lol?

Paula Jacklin's reply to the poster mentioning county being televised...
Err.. Wasn't it on Des 's email ?.. So that's probably where he got it from... Just possibly...
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

"We will also be discussing a great new idea that will hopefully showcase the BICC live on TV"
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Maybe they will be televising all the drinking and infidelity on the Saturday night.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:10 pm Maybe they will be televising all the drinking and infidelity on the Saturday night.
"The Real Darts Wives of *insert County of your choosing*"

That's ratings, right there.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:14 pm
Ginge wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:10 pm Maybe they will be televising all the drinking and infidelity on the Saturday night.
"The Real Darts Wives of *insert County of your choosing*"

That's ratings, right there.
It could have footage of you trying it on with all the Cheshire B Team
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH »

oche balboa wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:03 pm David Owen's list of abuse

- Called various women "Heffers", "Fat", "Minging" "no tits", When confronted he accused people of Bullying him so the action was dropped
- Overspends at the bar and put's it on the county accounts, its losing money but Owen's doesnt care "I'm a star of the BICC"
- Told a leading player of Cheshire's team to "fek off you fat bottling twat" after he didnt go to Q School
- Has been told of his body odour is putting off players & fans, Again claims of bullying so action was dropped
- 246 cases of social media abuses to BICC, BDO players & Staff
Hahahahaha.

I'm not sure if David is guilty of all those things :P Plenty of us have mocked Ladies darts, but I haven't seen that much of it from him.

246 cases of social media abuses lol. :DDD: :DDD:

Probably does overspend at the bar (who doesn't?), but I'm sure Cheshire have wiser people in charge than Tommy Thompson (a turkey with special needs is smarter than TT, so it's not saying a great deal, I know). We don't have a young Irene Mungins on our hands here. Those in charge at Cheshire simply won't let it happen!
NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH »

But in a masochistic way, I'm looking forward to watching the BICC on TV if it's actually going ahead. Nothing better than seeing j0bbers horsing pints and munt€rs throwing 60 dart legs. If David is the caller, I wouldn't blame him for losing the will to live after calling a few munter$ games.
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

yeah right, live tv showing a sub-standard game where nothing can be won or lost and nobody is knocked out for a long season where eventually some county viewers don't care about wins something no viewer cares about, all for lashings of 'prestige' administered by a bankrupt and possibly fraudulent organisation
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Bomber wrote:yeah right, live tv showing a sub-standard game where nothing can be won or lost and nobody is knocked out for a long season where eventually some county viewers don't care about wins something no viewer cares about, all for lashings of 'prestige' administered by a bankrupt and possibly fraudulent organisation
This post would only need a few small adjustments to describe premier league darts.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Demolition_fan
Pub Champion

Post by Demolition_fan »

Rout wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:30 pm
Bomber wrote:yeah right, live tv showing a sub-standard game where nothing can be won or lost and nobody is knocked out for a long season where eventually some county viewers don't care about wins something no viewer cares about, all for lashings of 'prestige' administered by a bankrupt and possibly fraudulent organisation
This post would only need a few small adjustments to describe premier league darts.
Good lord, where to start with this :DDD:
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Rout hates the PL and almost anything PDC related part 258
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

The PL is shite, tbf.
NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH »

There are very few similarities apart from the number of meaningless matches. Hardly my favourite tournament but on almost every level the PL has been a huge success for the PDC. Barney was still in the BDO when it started. They were still playing in front of small crowds at the Circus Tavern back then. Even the original PL venues were nothing compared to where they play now.

The PDC is neither bankrupt nor fraudulent. The PL is far more successful than the BICC, as evidenced by the £825,000 prize pool compared to what? Sub-standard can hardly describe the quality of the matches either.

"Prize money doesn't matter". Except umm it does, in all walks of life. In a free market economy, people go where the money is. And those of us who don't subscribe to the politics of envy have no problem with others doing well for themselves. You probably need to change the record now.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

I don’t know anyone who watches any darts because of the prize money. It’s absolutely irrelevant.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Demolition_fan wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:33 pm
Good lord, where to start with this :DDD:
yeah right, live tv showing a sub-good-to-high-standard game where nothingmoney can be won or lost and nobody is knocked out for part of a long season where eventually some countyplayers viewers don'tmay care about wins something nosome viewers cares about, all for money and lashings of 'prestige' administered by a bankruptfinancially successful and possibly fraudulentprofessional organisation
Close.
NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH »

Black Velvet wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:44 pm I don’t know anyone who watches any darts because of the prize money. It’s absolutely irrelevant.
It isn't irrelevant to the sport being a going concern though. If there was no money in football, you think you'd still see the same crowds? No, because the likes of Messi and Ronaldo would have chosen another career and therefore we wouldn't be getting the best athletes/sportsmen involved in the game. The standard would be appalling, and it would probably be just a sport for pub leagues with no tactics, no skill, no fitness, nothing.

So it's absolutely valid to make a comparison between PL and BICC prize money (valid only because of Rout's silly comment, I'll grant you). Especially when the former actually pay what they say they're going to.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Ok.
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

NvH wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:56 pm
Black Velvet wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:44 pm I don’t know anyone who watches any darts because of the prize money. It’s absolutely irrelevant.
It isn't irrelevant to the sport being a going concern though. If there was no money in football, you think you'd still see the same crowds? No, because the likes of Messi and Ronaldo would have chosen another career and therefore we wouldn't be getting the best athletes/sportsmen involved in the game. The standard would be appalling, and it would probably be just a sport for pub leagues with no tactics, no skill, no fitness, nothing.

So it's absolutely valid to make a comparison between PL and BICC prize money (valid only because of Rout's silly comment, I'll grant you). Especially when the former actually pay what they say they're going to.
Messi would have been a brain surgeon and Ronaldo a rocket scientist..

Of course they would have been footballers.. Its what they do...sure the money comes with it but they would still play because they want do, same as top players always have before the big money came along.

I agree the prize fund is not a draw for spectators and I can't believe anybody watches any event because of what the prize fund is... but the bigger the prizes on offer the more people want to play and practice harder to try and get those funds so the two go hand on hand for sure.