Televising the BICC ffs

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: Televising the BICC ffs

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Skewball wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:16 pm
oche balboa wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:09 pm Skewy is digging for all information

He loathes the bdo and people associateed with it will get grief
the fatties of the world are joining forces today. The stampede will kill me..
You're a cockroach. You'll live forever.
UKDA 4 Life
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Wayne Warren saying it’s a fecking disgrace, but was a no show in Wigan?
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Dannyboy wrote:Wayne Warren saying it’s a fecking disgrace, but was a no show in Wigan?
He's a WDF player now...

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

County Player

Post by 1205 »

Addicks Fan wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:48 pm
Dannyboy wrote:Wayne Warren saying it’s a fecking disgrace, but was a no show in Wigan?
He's a WDF player now...

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
Well, exhibitions and WDF.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

So the Aussies never applied for points then?
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Ginge wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:05 am Live county games. Come on. Come on now. Who exactly is going to pay for that one?
To be honest. Think it could work. But would have to have a massive overhaul. Have professional players involved and the best from around the world to provide competitive interesting matches.

It couldn't be the whole season but if you had more than two teams in a venue and streamed from different oches as matches took place could be interesting
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

It would only work if it was some kind of finals even, at a neutral location. But this will never happen, so its pointless discussing it.
Big Jock Knew
County Player

Post by 1205 »

The Jolly Man wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:48 pm
Ginge wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:05 am Live county games. Come on. Come on now. Who exactly is going to pay for that one?
To be honest. Think it could work. But would have to have a massive overhaul. Have professional players involved and the best from around the world to provide competitive interesting matches.

It couldn't be the whole season but if you had more than two teams in a venue and streamed from different oches as matches took place could be interesting
Not a chance on television. Somebody raised the idea, and they're going to "discuss" it. Discuss is another nothing. Again, it's Jacklin dangling hope to deluded county officials and players.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Probably an attempt to stop the counties splitting away, the Scots are already f*cking off in May by all accounts.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

"After reading the statement sent out this morning by the board I’m a little shocked at some of the comments I’m reading, I feel as a player that it has been confirmed that the bdo is continuing and the worlds have been confirmed for 2021, the world trophy etc etc, this is what I and many other players have been asking for, clarity of why we are out there chasing points to qualify for these events! That has now come to light and been confirmed.

I’m sure with the bicc being streamed/tv etc such as gold cup and events like that, it may bring in revenue to the counties as well as put the players in view for competing for their county! I for one would feel proud to do so.
I also think that with the correspondence it has put the issue of many requests of “tell us what’s going on” to bed, we have been told ! Now it’s time to let the board do what they are supposed to be doing by getting sponsors and creating a better bdo for us all to start supporting and being part of.

I’m not sure why and can’t understand people still putting up all negative posts to what ever extreme when all it’s doing is stirring the pot and some off people who don’t even play the game. One thing I’m sure of and has been mentioned numerous times is “wish the players would get there money etc etc, I’m 99% certain the players knew when they signed there contracts etc they new it’s a 28day wait for there money, so there’s just no need for people to get involved let the players deal with their issues !

finally I’m now looking forward to the rest of the season and Scotland being the next so let’s get the positive vibes going and await any good news about sponsors and future tv coverage all I hope can only better the bdo future.

Good luck to all with the up and coming events and see you in Scotland"

Anthony Allen on fanatics. The supporters are out in force. others telling folks off for whinging etc.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:12 pm Probably an attempt to stop the counties splitting away, the Scots are already f*cking off in May by all accounts.
I mentioned this on fanatics. The folks from wales said they were defo staying and, if my memory is correct, so did Ross (and a Scottish official) re Scotland.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Things will continue as normal for Des. The people who keep him in power believe his spin so nothing will change.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

devosteve wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:32 pm "After reading the statement sent out this morning by the board I’m a little shocked at some of the comments I’m reading, I feel as a player that it has been confirmed that the bdo is continuing and the worlds have been confirmed for 2021, the world trophy etc etc, this is what I and many other players have been asking for, clarity of why we are out there chasing points to qualify for these events! That has now come to light and been confirmed.

I’m sure with the bicc being streamed/tv etc such as gold cup and events like that, it may bring in revenue to the counties as well as put the players in view for competing for their county! I for one would feel proud to do so.
I also think that with the correspondence it has put the issue of many requests of “tell us what’s going on” to bed, we have been told ! Now it’s time to let the board do what they are supposed to be doing by getting sponsors and creating a better bdo for us all to start supporting and being part of.

I’m not sure why and can’t understand people still putting up all negative posts to what ever extreme when all it’s doing is stirring the pot and some off people who don’t even play the game. One thing I’m sure of and has been mentioned numerous times is “wish the players would get there money etc etc, I’m 99% certain the players knew when they signed there contracts etc they new it’s a 28day wait for there money, so there’s just no need for people to get involved let the players deal with their issues !

finally I’m now looking forward to the rest of the season and Scotland being the next so let’s get the positive vibes going and await any good news about sponsors and future tv coverage all I hope can only better the bdo future.

Good luck to all with the up and coming events and see you in Scotland"

Anthony Allen on fanatics. The supporters are out in force. others telling folks off for whinging etc.
If Des told Anthony Allen to jump off a cliff he'd do so... A true Des disciple and always has been..
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Agreed.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Didnt the BDO also "confirm" to the players the prize money for the 2020 Worlds was unchanged from 2019 and the womens was to be almost doubled? Look how that worked out, Mr Allen.
Big Jock Knew
Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

There are so many Comical Ali's on that site it's become a joke in itself.
Lowland Bloke
Brass Darts

Post by Lowland Bloke »

Why bringing up new things, without solving and fixing the the old problems that are still on.

Leave the international circuit to an international ruling body, WDF it is in this case. Let BDO do BICC.
Last edited by Lowland Bloke on Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

Who going sponsors the events the bdo can’t afford to have all 3 on but getting tickets sales on by April would help WDT world masters by June and world pro need to be on sale by August.

If they did actually pull these 3 events off as do the WDF with there 2 that’s 5 tv events that side not for 13 years
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Three world champions next year.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Agreed. WDF, women’s and youth. Only the acronym is different.