Televising the BICC ffs

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Dannyboy
International

Re: Televising the BICC ffs

Post by Dannyboy »

Anyone want to tell Comical Ali that there won’t be 3 events happening if the organisation has no money?

It is akin to the MD of an airline saying everything is grand and then 3 days later the administrator is called... as happened a few years ago in the U.K. And to be fair to the BDO, they have to demonstrate a normal day to day operation otherwise then it will definitely become a self fulfilling prophecy.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

DavidB wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:46 am Excellent news. Can’t wait to see how good the Cheshire county caller is, apparently he’s the bee’s knees... :grin:
I heard that, too.
Finest on the BICC and beyond. :D
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:36 pm
DavidB wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:46 am Excellent news. Can’t wait to see how good the Cheshire county caller is, apparently he’s the bee’s knees... :grin:
I heard that, too.
Enjoy that position while it lasts.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

We are assuming it has no money - surely the drastic cut to the prize money means that they are afloat again, albeit only just above the water line? Of course, if they don't pay the prize money out then all bets are off, but they made well over £200,000 on the O2, paid out only £150k, did production on the cheap, got the venue for nothing, add in merchandising, programme sales, even selling the 180 signs for a quid, ffs, they must be left with some cash surely?

Someone mentioned Eurosport giving them a £150,000 payment as part of the tv deal.

I would imagine they have enough to keep going this year, what with county, superleague fees and anything else they manage to scavenge.

They still have a tv contract until the World Masters 2021, and venues in place. Given the WDF has not said tournaments can't have both WDF and BDO points, and the BDO is not charging anything for its ranking points, I would be surprised, if they can afford the reduced prize fund from the O2, that they don't last until at least this time next year pretty much as they have done for the last year, but with a little more certainty.

As for the WDF, it's about time they came up with more than an announcement of an announcement, and some tinkering with their ranking system. Who's going to broadcast these tournaments, where are they going to be held, who is going to pay the air fares for the players who qualify, what's the prize money going to be, when will they be held, and what will they be called?

At the moment, the players are playing for two sets of ranking points without a clue what either of them will mean in practice! But if the BDO pay the prize money, put the tickets on sale for the World Trophy reasonably early (well, very early by their standards!) and start behaving like a decent promoter should, confidence from the players will increase. A good chance little of this will happen, of course!
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

World Trophy simply has to be abolished and it should become a competition which gets the best from the BICC, BDO Rankings & Day qualifiers
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Well i had a PM from a cheshire official and they tell me they are making a complete clearout and that the caller will "Have to find something else to do on Sunday afternoon" plenty arent happy

TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

oche balboa wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:41 pm Well i had a PM from a cheshire official and they tell me they are making a complete clearout and that the caller will "Have to find something else to do on Sunday afternoon" plenty arent happy
I wonder who tipped them off? Hmmmm.
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

That statement by Des is meaningless unless he can unveil some confirmed set in stone sponsors with guaranteed prize funds. He has had sponsors lined up andbin place before so he says and they have never materialised so you cannot blame anybody for being sceptical.
Des admitted himself that the World Trophy should have been cancelled last year and its one event that the BDO have never been able to fund and has been a massive drain on finances yet here it is again supposedly..
They struggled to fund the Masters and O'Shea got less than he originally thought and everybody knows what happened at the Worlds.
It's all very well playing for BDO points but these events are not going to happen unless proper sponsors materialise and at present I would be more confident playing for the WDF points..
Last edited by trotter01 on Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:41 pm Well i had a PM from a cheshire official and they tell me they are making a complete clearout and that the caller will "Have to find something else to do on Sunday afternoon" plenty arent happy
The players would indeed be unhappy to lose their top class referee, but luckily you're spouting your usual Ocheleaks bollocks :D
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:44 pm
The players would indeed be unhappy to lose their top class referee, but luckily you're spouting your usual Ocheleaks bollocks :D
Nope its true, not ocheleaks.... Still more drinking in the Willy on a Sunday Afternoon

TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

oche balboa wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:45 pm
Nope its true, not ocheleaks.... Still more drinking in the Willy on a Sunday Afternoon
Sean and Lyn don't want to be associated with this bad publicity.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:45 pm
Stop it, you silly twat.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Stop what? Cheshire want a change and that may mean you are asked to do something else on a Sunday Afternoon

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:50 pm Stop what? Cheshire want a change and that may mean you are asked to do something else on a Sunday Afternoon
Dear god. :D :D

No screenshot of the PM then, you pillock?
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Why it’s private information

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:26 pm Why it’s private information
Hahaha!! And we'll all be cold in the ground before you learn to use Photoshop. :D
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Dont you work in IT oche?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Rout wrote:Dont you work in IT oche?
In the decade or so he has been knocking around these places I have yet to see him post a Photoshop effort of his own so safe to say Drupes may actually be right on this one.
Big Jock Knew
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

TimmyB wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:37 pm
I heard that, too.
😯
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

Black Velvet wrote:
TimmyB wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:37 pm
I heard that, too.
Let's be honest, if you are an ambassador for a county you can't slate people on a darts forum and not expect any comeback.