Things said about Duzza, pre-switch

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
A massive zebra
Feather Flights

Re: Things said about Duzza, pre-switch

Post by A massive zebra »

phil davies wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:09 pm The one that’s meant to be mine doesn’t appear at all in my search history.

I did say Bunting was a better player and had achieved more than Durrant but that was back in Jan 2017. So was correct at the time.
Not really.

When Bunting won Lakeside his tournament average was 94. Durrant has done two Lakeside tournament averages of 97+ and a couple of others over 95.

When Bunting won the Masters his tournament averages were 93 and 95. Durrant has done two 99 tournament averages at the Masters and others over 95.

Durrant's averages at BDO majors in the 5 years prior to his defection from the BDO were as good as anyone in the PDC over that period except MVG, Taylor and Anderson. That's not to say he was a top 5 player as it is easier to play well when there is nothing coming back at you, but statistically he was comfortably ahead of Bunting.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

A massive zebra wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:51 am
phil davies wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:09 pm The one that’s meant to be mine doesn’t appear at all in my search history.

I did say Bunting was a better player and had achieved more than Durrant but that was back in Jan 2017. So was correct at the time.
Not really.

When Bunting won Lakeside his tournament average was 94. Durrant has done two Lakeside tournament averages of 97+ and a couple of others over 95.

When Bunting won the Masters his tournament averages were 93 and 95. Durrant has done two 99 tournament averages at the Masters and others over 95.

Durrant's averages at BDO majors in the 5 years prior to his defection from the BDO were as good as anyone in the PDC over that period except MVG, Taylor and Anderson. That's not to say he was a top 5 player as it is easier to play well when there is nothing coming back at you, but statistically he was comfortably ahead of Bunting.
Good Lord
The game is not about averages, especially at the differences you have mentioned.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

A massive zebra wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:51 am

Not really.

Bunting won his second masters without dropping a set. That was some achievement and far better than any of Durrants wins. At the point Bunting was arguably a top five player in the world regardless of code.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Averages wise has Duzza game really improved?

I suppose he doubling has
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

phil davies wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:04 pm
oche balboa wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:41 am Averages wise has Duzza game really improved?

His consistency certainly has. But your forced to play better when your playing better players too.
Bigger trebles mate
UKDA 4 Life
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:18 pm
phil davies wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:04 pm
oche balboa wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:41 am Averages wise has Duzza game really improved?

His consistency certainly has. But your forced to play better when your playing better players too.
Bigger trebles mate
Didn’t do BDO champ Mitchell any good at Q school....
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

It was only a matter of time before the pixie dust argument was deployed.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

It is pretty clear at the moment that any normal debate in here is being ruined by the bdo fanboy trolls.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Ah yes of course, it's those who don't slag the BDO off at every single opportunity who are the trolls.

#Skewylogic
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Skewy is truly pathetic. If Borespark made a thread about so called bdo fanboys predictions. He would be wanking himself silly

Simply a verminous poster
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Rout wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:21 pm It was only a matter of time before the pixie dust argument was deployed.
Intermittent consistency is a wonderful thing
UKDA 4 Life
County Player

Post by 1205 »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:47 pm
ChrisW wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:47 pm
BlueSpark wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:41 pm Mine was accurate
It would have been funny, scraped one in the end
There was another classic from you saying he would only make quarters and maybe a semi.
Anyone can fish it out?
Perfect description of his TV performances.
3 major semi-finals, including the World Matchplay
World Championship quarter final.
In his first year.

Not really a _perfect_ description.

And let me make it clear, I didn't think he'd do that well. I thought his weakness at the sharp end of games would hold him back and he'd be in the top 32 and at best at the edge of the top 16, rather than being on pace for the lower end of the top 10. But, he did well in the majors, and although initially crap on the European Tour stage, he took to his European Tour seeding like a duck to water.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Skewy isn't taking this very well, is he?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

boom, full house. Took a bit longer than I expected
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Skewball wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:52 pm boom, full house. Took a bit longer than I expected
But a certainty none the less, well played.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

The second and third year on tour are far more reliable indicators of a players level. We have seen plenty make good impressions on their first year as tourcard holders, before finding the second and third years brutally difficult. Norris and Bunting spring to mind.

The second year, a player feels under pressure to match the success of the previous year, and in the third year they start defending that first year money which is a whole other level of pressure.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Thehateful180 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:38 pm The second and third year on tour are far more reliable indicators of a players level. We have seen plenty make good impressions on their first year as tourcard holders, before finding the second and third years brutally difficult. Norris and Bunting spring to mind.

The second year, a player feels under pressure to match the success of the previous year, and in the third year they start defending that first year money which is a whole other level of pressure.
No that can’t be accurate, apparently he’s in the worlds top 10 players and the dogs bollocks
He will be defending a couple of semi finals in the tournaments that matter.
The Matchplay one where he was whipped 17-10 one of the biggest sums.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

But come next year the new unicorn board will be out with even bigger trebles so he will be fine.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Skewball wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:52 pm boom, full house. Took a bit longer than I expected
That's numberwang!
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

ILAD wrote:But come next year the new unicorn board will be out with even bigger trebles so he will be fine.
Apparently it's going to have even shinier numbers!
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.