- they owe £50k to unspecified parties
- they owe 6 figures to Sportotal
- they lost £5k on the last Gold Cup after the previous one made a profit
- they lost £3k on the youth event
- they lost £100k on the Blackburn WDT
- the Masters has lost £180k the last two years it has been run
- they moved the Worlds to the o2 to make money and it still lost £30k

Staggering.

Also the One80 and L Style deals earned them a grand total of £16k and no mention of how much the 3 o2 sponsors brought in (the hygiene company, the speedway team, and the dodgy bloke doing the bets).

Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Re: BDO Accounts y/e 31st May 2019 - now available

Post by oche balboa »

Great business sense lol
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:Great business sense lol
I am just staggered that Ben Chambers didnt get money up front. He saw all the Deluxe crap, even contributed to the threads on here about them.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

It all makes stark reading.

The BDO is insolvent as it stands. They could be pushed into administration if Sportotal persue the so called 'disputed' money they are owed. But with £13k plus maybe £50k from BDO Ltd to go at they have to weigh up whether it's worth risking legal and court fees I.e is there any weight to the claims that its disputed.

So the BDO could be pushed out of existence by two blokes who Sue signed a contract with and who Des, the great business man, failed miserably to deal with and still ran the WDT and Masters at huge losses to wipe out the cash that could have been used to settle with Sportotal and end their contract.
Miserable failures the lot of them
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Only £1080 in ticket sales for the last Masters, wasnt it a tenner a ticket per day?

£0 on advertising for it as well.

The clear issue is the cost of broadcasting. But but but Des was in talks with Eurosport for two new events!

Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:16 pm Only £1080 in ticket sales for the last Masters, wasnt it a tenner a ticket per day?

£0 on advertising for it as well.

The clear issue is the cost of broadcasting. But but but Des was in talks with Eurosport for two new events!
I paid £10 and got access to the floor games and all the masters
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Staggering
But not unexpected. It was said on many a time we were at a loss as to why they continued to run the WDT at huge losses.
£30k lost on the Worlds as well. Good grief.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

"Tickets for the live finals go on sale from 10am on Tuesday 2nd August. Single sessions cost £15.00, or £25.00 for the full day (plus booking fee) and are available direct from the Circus Tavern Box Office – www.circustavern.org or call direct on 01708 863838."

72 tickets sold at best then. Dear god.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

The warning signs had been there for a long time
No one heeded them.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:The warning signs had been there for a long time
No one heeded them.
No no no no us tossers on forums havent a clue what we are talking about, Paulyboy said so.
Big Jock Knew
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Ginge wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:42 pm Ok so if I am reading it all right....

- they owe £50k to unspecified parties
- they owe 6 figures to Sportotal
- they lost £5k on the last Gold Cup after the previous one made a profit
- they lost £3k on the youth event
- they lost £100k on the Blackburn WDT
- the Masters has lost £180k the last two years it has been run
- they moved the Worlds to the o2 to make money and it still lost £30k even reducing the prize fund by some £175,000. So the real loss was over £200,000 to the players

Staggering.

Also the One80 and L Style deals earned them a grand total of £16k and no mention of how much the 3 o2 sponsors brought in (the hygiene company, the speedway team, and the dodgy bloke doing the bets).
RIPLionheart
Brass Darts

Post by RIPLionheart »

Des earning every penny of his £15k per year. As a self proclaimed multi-millionaire business genius I have no idea why he felt the need to draw such “small fry” expenses from a clearly ailing company. Nothing to see here really - any sane observer knew the man was driving the organisation into oblivion. Except of course those it was incumbent on to prevent this - Counties, hangers on and two bit selfish “names” who are “pros” on tour stood by and let this maniac finish off the organisation. No sympathy I’m afraid. They knew he was an absolute melt when they elected him but at least he wasn’t connected to the Peedeecee. These same morons then sat silently while he gave the family jewels away, shat on the carpet and feuded with the neighbours in broad daylight.
If someone could sell me the database of details for these morons I’ll pay top dollar - they are prime for buying magic beans, timeshares and any other half baked con.

These
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

RIPLionheart wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:40 pm Des earning every penny of his £15k per year. As a self proclaimed multi-millionaire business genius I have no idea why he felt the need to draw such “small fry” expenses from a clearly ailing company. Nothing to see here really - any sane observer knew the man was driving the organisation into oblivion. Except of course those it was incumbent on to prevent this - Counties, hangers on and two bit selfish “names” who are “pros” on tour stood by and let this maniac finish off the organisation. No sympathy I’m afraid. They knew he was an absolute melt when they elected him but at least he wasn’t connected to the Peedeecee. These same morons then sat silently while he gave the family jewels away, shat on the carpet and feuded with the neighbours in broad daylight.
If someone could sell me the database of details for these morons I’ll pay top dollar - they are prime for buying magic beans, timeshares and any other half baked con.

These
:DDD:
JFT97
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Having a look through the income statements - a pattern emerging... travel costs are huge for everything (Torremolinos exempt for obvious reasons). Why?

Gold Cup - £2k
WDT - £5k
British Open - £2k
World Masters - £9k
World Pro - £22.5k
BDO Meetings - £7k

That isn't far off £50k just on travel costs.

Yesterday I was working out my own numbers - I travel over 200 days a year and last year I did 70 flights. All of my travel costs including F&B come to £28k. Where is the money going?
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Dannyboy wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:22 am

Yesterday I was working out my own numbers - I travel over 200 days a year and last year I did 70 flights. All of my travel costs including F&B come to £28k. Where is the money going?
New bathrooms and bedrooms don't grow on trees you know ;)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Dannyboy wrote:Having a look through the income statements - a pattern emerging... travel costs are huge for everything (Torremolinos exempt for obvious reasons). Why?

Gold Cup - £2k
WDT - £5k
British Open - £2k
World Masters - £9k
World Pro - £22.5k
BDO Meetings - £7k

The figure for the o2 is huge. Given the players didnt get any travel costs paid as far as I know, how on earth was £22.5k spent?
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

This has been predicted since the pre-Des days. He just accelerated it astronomically.

I remember writing 3 years ago that the BDO no longer had a TV product and would lose money as the public are simply not interested in their product. That equates to no ticket revenue and no sponsors.

Why are some people surprised it has come to this?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Another thing these documents confirm is that Bob Potter contributed sod all to the prize fund for the final Lakeside.

They kept the prize fund the same and took a £193k loss on it
Big Jock Knew
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Do the figures show that the BDO was paying all the prize money at Lakeside? If so, the move to somewhere else was inevitable and should have happened earlier.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Addicks Fan wrote:Do the figures show that the BDO was paying all the prize money at Lakeside? If so, the move to somewhere else was inevitable and should have happened earlier.
It shows they had to pay the 2019 Lakeside fund, no idea before that.

Given the late notice that event was announced with, it wouldnt surprise me if he normally paid the lot, decided to change his mind, and left the BDO with no choice at short notice to carry on regardless.
Big Jock Knew