BDO Accounts y/e 31st May 2019 - now available

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Tommy Thompson
Pub Champion

Re: BDO Accounts y/e 31st May 2019 - now available

Post by Tommy Thompson »

Send me a pm, I am not promising I will explain everything at this time, it will come out eventually, but obviously it could be a long time down the road, before anyone is in a position of setting up a County system, whether that be BDO, BDO2, us, or any individual with a bit of brass to spare, might think it is the golden goose. However whoever wants to invest the time and effort will have to make sure that halfway through it doesn't run out of money and off we go again.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

All I wanted to know really is are you working on an "all or nothing" principle? So if one county says no and the rest say yes, is that sufficient?
Big Jock Knew
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Tommy Thompson wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:56 pm Send me a pm, I am not promising I will explain everything at this time, it will come out eventually, but obviously it could be a long time down the road, before anyone is in a position of setting up a County system, whether that be BDO, BDO2, us, or any individual with a bit of brass to spare, might think it is the golden goose. However whoever wants to invest the time and effort will have to make sure that halfway through it doesn't run out of money and off we go again.
What is your opinion on the amount spent on travel costs?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Tommy Thompson
Pub Champion

Post by Tommy Thompson »

It will be whoever wants to join under the terms on offer, there is no point arguing about £5 here or there if the £5 here or there if it doesn't give stability going forward, that would be foolish, and a waste of everyone's time and effort. The plan is good, it is easily affordable, it gives us a platform for continuation, and a future. If people don't want it, then absolutely fine, we just go back to doing what we have been doing, if there are better offers to protect all aspects of the darts we are currently involved with, please vote for it with our blessing, we are not holding a pistol to anyone's head, we haven't got a magic money tree or guaranteed sponsors signed up, we have however had meaningful discussions. However our plan works with built in financial contingencies without any sponsors coming in, if they do, the benefits come into the company for their use, and that isn't wasting £100,000+ on pie in the sky TV events.
Last edited by Tommy Thompson on Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Tommy Thompson wrote:It will be whoever wants to join under the terms on offer, there is no point arguing about £5 here or there if the £5 here or there if it doesn't give stability going forward, that would be foolish, and a waste of everyone's time and effort. The plan is good, it is easily affordable, it gives us a platform for continuation, and a future. If people don't want it, then absolutely fine, we just go back to doing what we have been doing, if there are better offers to protect all aspects of the darts we are currently involved with, please vote for it with our blessing, we are not holding a pistol to anyone's head, we haven't got a magic money tree or guaranteed sponsors signed up, we have however had meaningful discussion. However our plane works without any sponsors coming in, if they do, the benefits come into the company for their use, and that isn't wasting £100,000+ on pie in the sky TV events.
Be every county except Lincolnshire then. No loss.
Big Jock Knew
Tommy Thompson
Pub Champion

Post by Tommy Thompson »

Maybe not, I won't be loosing any sleep over it whatever, after all the hourly rate for this work hasn't changed nothing is still nothing only good will.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Have the fanatics passed comment about this thread yet? Do they have any views on the travel costs?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Dannyboy wrote:Have the fanatics passed comment about this thread yet? Do they have any views on the travel costs?
Be amazed if this is being discussed on there, surely Egerton will be deleting it as soon as it appears.
Big Jock Knew
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Tommy doesn’t seem to want to comment on it either.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

From the BBC news website.

“It has announced a temporary suspension of "wrongful trading laws", which stop company directors from being prosecuted for keeping a business going when it's insolvent or hasn't got a reasonable prospect of survival.
The idea is to remove the fear bosses might have of trading through such turbulent and uncertain times and to give them breathing space. The chance to "bounce back", as the business secretary put it.”

I bet Des wishes this came in months ago.

Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

nikkiboy wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:31 pm
Tommy Thompson wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:02 pm Bob Potter did cover the prize money every year, he didn't cover the TV production costs and never has, in years gone by this was picked up by BBC, Then Channel 4 for two years, although not sure I think Euro-Sport actually covered them this year, however the prize money for the O2 wasn't covered, with the hope a headline sponsors might come in(didn't happen) and ticket sales to cover (didn't happen) all contributed in prize money not being announced until the event had finished. There was a rumour as I wasn't there that the prize money wasn't announced because they were waiting for tally up on ticket sales, in the hope to increase to somewhere near what the players were contracted to receive (didn't happen).
Hope of a headline sponsor?

Can't be right as Des had them all lined up, his prospectus for CEO said so. If he was lying then surely the county chairmen, those bastions of business knowledge and owners of BDO limited and enterprises, would have called meetings early to ensure that they hadn't voted in a charlatan who would ultimately bankrupt and kill the BDO.
Some of those County chairs even publicly supported Des' election throwing their weight and vote behind him. Some of these people also threw their weight behind the Williams' as they destroyed the BDO's credibility and contact book, I also note that some of these people are also involved in the new tri nations set up, and so the circle begins again.

What could pobbibly go wrong?
And this my friend is the major concern for me and it should be a concern for others.

Many people pointed the finger at the William's clan when in reign, Des has publicly said there is Police involvement over finances and trips abroad cost the BDO thousands before he was in position, yet as you say you have people running countries backing certain people again that they know caused these problems in the BDO. They threw there weight and voice behind failed people in the BDO. You seriously have to consider there judge of character now to see if they are doing a good job to see these issues.
JFT97
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Bag Carrier wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:38 pm
Tommy Thompson wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:02 pm Bob Potter did cover the prize money every year, he didn't cover the TV production costs and never has, in years gone by this was picked up by BBC, Then Channel 4 for two years, although not sure I think Euro-Sport actually covered them this year, however the prize money for the O2 wasn't covered, with the hope a headline sponsors might come in(didn't happen) and ticket sales to cover (didn't happen) all contributed in prize money not being announced until the event had finished. There was a rumour as I wasn't there that the prize money wasn't announced because they were waiting for tally up on ticket sales, in the hope to increase to somewhere near what the players were contracted to receive (didn't happen).

Can't be right as Des had them all lined up, his prospectus for CEO said so. If he was lying then surely the county chairmen, those bastions of business knowledge and owners of BDO limited and enterprises, would have called meetings early to ensure that they hadn't voted in a charlatan who would ultimately bankrupt and kill the BDO.
Some of those County chairs even publicly supported Des' election throwing their weight and vote behind him. Some of these people also threw their weight behind the Williams' as they destroyed the BDO's credibility and contact book, I also note that some of these people are also involved in the new tri nations set up, and so the circle begins again.

And this my friend is the major concern for me and it should be a concern for others.

Many people pointed the finger at the William's clan when in reign, Des has publicly said there is Police involvement over finances and trips abroad cost the BDO thousands before he was in position, yet as you say you have people running countries backing certain people again that they know caused these problems in the BDO. They threw there weight and voice behind failed people in the BDO. You seriously have to consider there judge of character now to see if they are doing a good job to see these issues.
One could have a life not tangled with darts though...
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Bag Carrier wrote:

Des has publicly said there is Police involvement over finances and trips abroad cost the BDO thousands before he was in position
And I for one fully believe Des Jacklin. What with his track record of telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Would be a bit hypocritical of him given a 9 night stay in London for 4 board members apparently cost £25k the other month....
Big Jock Knew
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Ginge wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:39 pm Would be a bit hypocritical of him given a 9 night stay in London for 4 board members apparently cost £25k the other month....
The £25k does seem excessive, But I believe there was more than 4 Board members paid for, Dont forget you need a team behind the scenes doing the scores and other things. Practice board set ups had to be transported there and back from wherever they come from.

There will be lots of costs that need accounting for just to get the people there.

I ain't for one minute defending the £25k spend but there was a fair few others than 4 board members and there needed to be.

I think the holiday Inn was used and that was approx £100 a
Room and then add on daily allowances it certainly adds up that's easily £1000 a personal for 10 nights. And then any food and drink expenses and they need water and feeding as there not animals.
JFT97
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Bank balance June 2018-696k
Balance May 2019 280k
Balance March 2020 13k :DDD:
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Bag Carrier wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:16 pm
Ginge wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:39 pm Would be a bit hypocritical of him given a 9 night stay in London for 4 board members apparently cost £25k the other month....
The £25k does seem excessive, But I believe there was more than 4 Board members paid for, Dont forget you need a team behind the scenes doing the scores and other things. Practice board set ups had to be transported there and back from wherever they come from.

There will be lots of costs that need accounting for just to get the people there.

I ain't for one minute defending the £25k spend but there was a fair few others than 4 board members and there needed to be.

I think the holiday Inn was used and that was approx £100 a
Room and then add on daily allowances it certainly adds up that's easily £1000 a personal for 10 nights. And then any food and drink expenses and they need water and feeding as there not animals.
Board members? I hope you mean officials like scorers and referees? I still can’t quantify 150-200 hotel nights spent which would correlate to that amount of spending.

I’d be curious to see individuals expense bills if it would ever be made available.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Not all of the referees were there for the full 9 days. People tasked with setting up practice boards and then taking them down wouldnt need to spend over a week in London either.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

BlueSpark wrote:Bank balance June 2018-696k
Balance May 2019 280k
Balance March 2020 13k :DDD:
And he tries to defend this. Astonishing really
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

So what do we think the chances are of the BDO World Championships happening in January? Slim? None?
Big Jock Knew