BDO Accounts y/e 31st May 2019 - now available

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Deleted User

Re: BDO Accounts y/e 31st May 2019 - now available

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:39 pm So what do we think the chances are of the BDO World Championships happening in January? Slim? None?
Absolutely zero.

I predicted the last one wouldn't happen as they clearly didn't have the funds to run it.

Turned out they didn't have the funds but ran it anyway.

Simply no chance of another BDO world's under the current org.
Chunky wilbur
Feather Flights

Post by Chunky wilbur »

oche balboa wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:05 pm Revised Accounts

Attached
Just looking at those statements and would I be right in saying they would have made a profit at the world's at the o2 if they didn't have to pay the disputed commission which is more than likely sportotal?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Chunky wilbur wrote:

Attached
Just looking at those statements and would I be right in saying they would have made a profit at the world's at the o2 if they didn't have to pay the disputed commission which is more than likely sportotal?
Probably isnt Sportotal as it didnt appear the year before. The o2 event had a promoter named on it, one man band. Will try and dig it out.

But yes it would have been a £30k profit rather than a £30k loss.
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Rout wrote:Ok I bet a competition called the "BDO world championship" will take place in January. We have a deal.
Are we ignoring that the wdf are having their world championship in December from now on.

There won’t be a bdo come January to hold one
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:21 pm
Rout wrote:Ok I bet a competition called the "BDO world championship" will take place in January. We have a deal.
Are we ignoring that the wdf are having their world championship in December from now on.

Please don't quote his posts.

Now I've seen it, Ginge you know he'll run a 16 man comp in a failing pub in Jan and call it "The BDO World Championship".
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Thank goodness for that, as I can't "prove" that I can afford it anyway.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Chunky wilbur
Feather Flights

Post by Chunky wilbur »

Ginge wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:45 am
Chunky wilbur wrote:

Attached
Probably isnt Sportotal as it didnt appear the year before. The o2 event had a promoter named on it, one man band. Will try and dig it out.

Oh right , I was just thinking sportotal would not have been entitled to any commission while still at lakeside! That's big commission for a promoter who from the outside looking in didn't do much promoting
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Chunky wilbur wrote:
Chunky wilbur wrote:

Attached

Oh right , I was just thinking sportotal would not have been entitled to any commission while still at lakeside! That's big commission for a promoter who from the outside looking in didn't do much promoting
Here you go....

viewtopic.php?p=753740#p753740

"Outer Ring Promotions"
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Davidowen accusing me of being wazza in that quoted post. Even though he definitely knew it was Robson "early doors" and all along.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Chunky wilbur
Feather Flights

Post by Chunky wilbur »

Ginge wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:07 pm
Chunky wilbur wrote:
Chunky wilbur wrote:

Attached

Here you go....

viewtopic.php?p=753740#p753740

"Outer Ring Promotions"
👍
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Rout wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:10 pm Davidowen accusing me of being wazza in that quoted post. Even though he definitely knew it was Robson "early doors" and all along.
There is the inspiration for your next bazillion posts then.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Rout wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:10 pm Davidowen accusing me of being wazza in that quoted post. Even though he definitely knew it was Robson "early doors" and all along.
I’ll quote you Rout, apparently Drupid can’t see your posts otherwise........
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

ILAD wrote:
He doesnt like to mention it though.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ILAD wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:37 pm
Probably the first time I've ever envied Drupid......
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

There wont be any WDF WC in December this year 100%. There could possibly be a World Master style event in December this year.
JFT97
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Bag Carrier wrote:

There wont be any WDF WC in December this year 100%. There could possibly be a World Master style event in December this year.
Well not now, no

But that was the original plan and I’m guessing future plan
daveshep1508
Pub Champion

Post by daveshep1508 »

Assuming BDO is wound up and therefore no more BDO WC's. Are the WC trophies and World Masters trophies assets of the BDO. If auctioned off, they would fetch considerably more than their value on the books. If I was one of the current holders of these trophies, I would try to cash in on them, eg exhibitions.
Gruntface
Pub Champion

Post by Gruntface »

daveshep1508 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:46 pm Assuming BDO is wound up and therefore no more BDO WC's. Are the WC trophies and World Masters trophies assets of the BDO. If auctioned off, they would fetch considerably more than their value on the books. If I was one of the current holders of these trophies, I would try to cash in on them, eg exhibitions.
I'm sure Warren will try to extract at least 77k out of his.....

But yes, they would be assets and would likely be auctioned off upon liquidation of the BDO to help pay off creditors. Quite how much they go for is anyone's guess. Perhaps there will be a forum competition to guess.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

If this situation has any positives, it allows the "Tri Nations" mob and the WDF to get their shit together. The latter were never going to be able to organise anything as robust as it needs to be for 2020. Next season should've been their aim anyway.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ChrisW wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:16 am They could use the Corona virus card to cancel the WDT.
Wrong subject right card.