County Player

Re: Gibraltar vs The BDO

Post by markymark »

"The UK Open isn't an open because there isn't a Rileys in my town."
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Any more irrelevant examples that can be thrown in? Can I have a go?

"It's like when Opal Fruits changed its name to Starburst"
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Ginge wrote:Any more irrelevant examples that can be thrown in? Can I have a go?

"It's like when Opal Fruits changed its name to Starburst"
Is the example I gave not an example of "greed"?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Hard to tell really, you have two parties taking a cut.
Big Jock Knew
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

Ginge wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:09 pm Compare and contrast klaxon!!!!!!
It's on the red button anyway.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Paula don’t like what the rock is cooking...
Gruntface
Pub Champion

Post by Gruntface »

Just so I'm clear, when it comes to anything related to the dire financial situation, tumbleweeds. But the second one of the jollies is called out, they are all over it threatening legal action?

At least it's entirely consistent with the official facebook page looking like a bargain basement travel agency. I would love to know or sure who profits from those events but suspect we already do.
Gruntface
Pub Champion

Post by Gruntface »

Dannyboy wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:44 pm Paula don’t like what the rock is cooking...
I see she claimed that the rate they secured was after the bdo had negotiated with the hotel. Negotiated how? You can get a cheaper half board rate on any travel site.

Did they negotiate the price up?
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

The Jacklin corporation loves legal action, will the county’s have the balls to take legal action against the Jacklins for busting the BDO?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Shotline
Brass Darts

Post by Shotline »

A Double Standard room can be booked now HALF BOARD @ £73.64 per night, TOTAL PRICE £220.91.

That is £110.46 per person. BDO Option is £210 per person. Great negotiating skills there......
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Shotline wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:55 pm A Double Standard room can be booked now HALF BOARD @ £73.64 per night, TOTAL PRICE £220.91.

That is £110.46 per person. BDO Option is £210 per person. Good few quid for the Jacklins there......
Greedy buggers.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Isnt the BDO package all inclusive though?
Big Jock Knew
Shotline
Brass Darts

Post by Shotline »

Not the one that Gibraltar members are being "offered". It's £70 per person, 3 night minimum, half board.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

It’s then 30 euros per day to enter the venue, which includes free drinks and also pay to enter the event.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Rout wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Shotline wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:12 pm The GDA only made the initial post to make their members aware of the situation. Nothing disgraceful or unfounded in it.

The rest of the comments were made by other people many of whom are not even GDA members.

Gibraltar players have been playing in the Torremolinos Comp for over 20 years without issue. Don't know why it has suddenly changed.
Greed.
Remember when you could attend the UK open for just one day? Without having to buy full weekend passes with accommodation? Which was the case for about 15 years? Halcyon days.
Blame butlins for that, they are the ones that have it in their rules that you can’t come for a day to any of their weekend events
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

anybody paying money to something that is allegedly bankrupt on some promise they will get prize money, a holiday or even drinks really does need their head examining and really should not complain if it comes to nowt

caveat emptor
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

The Jacklins are no doubt getting upset about it cause they know they are doing something they shiuldnt.

They aren't getting upset about the rest of the BDO cause they probably can't see what they are doing wrong
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ILAD wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:27 pm The Jacklin corporation loves legal action, will the county’s have the balls to take legal action against the Jacklins for busting the BDO?
Counties.
Every time you pluralise word by using an apostrophe, a kitten dies.

Also, as the BDO is a limited company, the morons who destroyed it would surely have limited liability.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:43 am
ILAD wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:27 pm The Jacklin corporation loves legal action, will the county’s have the balls to take legal action against the Jacklins for busting the BDO?
Counties.
Every time you pluralise word by using an apostrophe, a kitten dies.

Also, as the BDO is a limited company, the morons who destroyed it would surely have limited liability.
If they continue to take entry money (continue to trade) in the knowledge that they will not be able to pay the bills then the directors could be prosecuted. So if for example they know they can't pay the O2 hire or prize money but continue to take entry fees or sponsorship then they could be committing fraud but only if it can be proved that they knew they would be unable to meet their outgoings.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am