Betbrokers

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Betbrokers

Post by Ginge »

Been reliably informed this evening of the amount Betbrokers ultimately paid to the BDO in order to be the shirt sponsor at the recent o2 event.

£0

That isn't a typo either.

Well done all concerned.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Re: Betbrokers

Post by BlueSpark »

:DDD:
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

If true a classic.

I will let someone else post that on fanatics.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

devosteve wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:47 pm If true a classic.

Are you losing your nerve?
RIPLionheart
Brass Darts

Post by RIPLionheart »

Perfectly normal for a company to get days of free advertising on a televised event. The BDO just using their largesse to help out a fledgling company. Des is an experienced business man and when Betbrokers inevitably hit the big time and acquire Paddy Power in a hostile takeover the coin will be rolling in for the BDO.
Plus every make player got a free £5 bet for their first deposit if £1000. The women got a £1.18 bet for same deposit.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

No surprise when they were begging for anything last minute.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

My understanding is they were going to pay for the sponsorship after the event, and never did.

Amazing business acumen there, giving invoice terms to a bloke on Twitter with a Lycamobile phone number and not even 200 followers.
Big Jock Knew
greatkingrat
Steady Sixties

Post by greatkingrat »

How much did the speedway team chip in?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

greatkingrat wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:14 am How much did the speedway team chip in?
Absolutely no idea. Surely cant have been much (same for Hammerhead Hygiene). The Betbrokers one was very short notice and no doubt these two were also.

I also believe nobody from the BDO actually met the Betbrokers bloke in person :roll:
Big Jock Knew
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Ginge wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:14 am
greatkingrat wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:14 am How much did the speedway team chip in?
Absolutely no idea. Surely cant have been much (same for Hammerhead Hygiene). The Betbrokers one was very short notice and no doubt these two were also.

I also believe nobody from the BDO actually met the Betbrokers bloke in person :roll:
Well that explains it then.
If Des did his top level negotiating via Skype, he clearly didn't notice that when the Betbroker chap said "yes, of course I'll pay you the sponsorship money once the tournament has finished" the bloke had his fingers crossed.

An easy mistake to make, even for a world class businessman like Des.

And seeing as the Betbroker bloke clearly has such a water tight reason for not paying up, Des can direct all the energies of the BDO legal team towards suing anyone who claims he's not doing the best of jobs for "liable".
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:08 pm Been reliably informed this evening of the amount Betbrokers ultimately paid to the BDO in order to be the shirt sponsor at the recent o2 event.

£0

That isn't a typo either.

Well done all concerned.
County representatives are you reading this?

Are you finally going to take responsibility for what has been have done to the BDO under your watch and with your full blessing?
You continue to promote your mates from within the clique and look around like startled meerkats when it all goes wrong.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:30 pm
devosteve wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:47 pm If true a classic.

Are you losing your nerve?
Just thought to let another poster make the point. Done it now anyway on my thread but a few negative threads running so might get no reaction.
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

I remember posting during the WC as soon as the name appeared it was the same name as a betbrokers that did a runner and welched a load of people years before but was told it had a different phone number or twitter acc so must be okay - doesn't anybody check anything these days?
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Bomber wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:59 pm I remember posting during the WC as soon as the name appeared it was the same name as a betbrokers that did a runner and welched a load of people years before but was told it had a different phone number or twitter acc so must be okay - doesn't anybody check anything these days?
Des doesn't need to as he such a genius business man....

Don't worry, I am sure Ian will be along soon on FB to defend it or attack 'Marvyn' as he usually does
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Skewball wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:05 pm
Bomber wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:59 pm I remember posting during the WC as soon as the name appeared it was the same name as a betbrokers that did a runner and welched a load of people years before but was told it had a different phone number or twitter acc so must be okay - doesn't anybody check anything these days?

Don't worry, I am sure Ian will be along soon on FB to defend it or attack 'Marvyn' as he usually does
I don't know why he calls me that and I never ask him. But I refer to him as wazza and he says nothing.

but like I said on fanatics no one seems accountable for these things.
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

is it just me or have the personal issues got way ahead of common sense now?
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

devosteve wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:17 pm

I don't know why he calls me that and I never ask him. But I refer to him as wazza and he says nothing.

I have no idea why he calls you that, however, I find that if only one person is calling you a name then it tends to them who look an idiot. Or just plain disturbed in his case.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Skewball wrote:

I have no idea why he calls you that, however, I find that if only one person is calling you a name then it tends to them who look an idiot. Or just plain disturbed in his case.
Calm down Rodney.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Skewball wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:38 pm

Marvin the Paranoid Android
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

It will be after the Paranoid Android in the Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy.