So the BDO fail to pay another company

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

So the BDO fail to pay another company

Post by Ginge »

...this time, the broadcasters of the o2
Adrian Battersby

Jordan Forbes add us to the list as well. They played us good and proper. Disgusting people and no one should believe a word any of the board says. We stepped in the help and the bdo got paid their full amount from eurosport and yet the 3 man board decide to screw us. Who the hell are Frank and robert. Kept their heads down when the going was tough. Really disappointed with des and his cast iron guarantee and he told me that Irwin would get paid also 100pc. Thank god the wdf will take over.
Said it in the other thread but Adrian, you are an absolute idiot for not getting the money up front.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Re: So the BDO fail to pay another company

Post by devosteve »

Tommy Thompson:

"Having introduced Adrian and 247TV to the darts scene, and all the home countries use them for their events, once again we are hearing that the BDO has not only failed to honour their contracts with the players but now the second production company is not being paid, impact media from the World Masters and now 247TV from the World Championships.
With a scheduled 6 more TV events and 3 others announced in February, I ask myself who is going to produce these events for Euro-sport?? Further is included in the contracts of One80 and "L" style that events they sponsor must at a minimum be streamed/Televised. I don't know? but normally terms such as this are included."
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Adrian Battersby
" Of course I paid everyone and Irwin should also as others could take him to court. There is no rule saying you can avoid paying your subcontractors just cos you dont get paid.. We got hit for about 20k. I think Irwin was 10k. Am seriously puzzled as I thought I was a good judge of personality but I messed.up"

so £20,000 not paid.

who is Irwin?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Can someone please ask Battersby as to why he did it on invoice terms as it was well known at that point they had failed to pay the Dutch company? Should have been cash up front.

No idea who Irwin is.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:44 am Can someone please ask Battersby as to why he did it on invoice terms as it was well known at that point they had failed to pay the Dutch company? Should have been cash up front.

No idea who Irwin is.
The other broadcast firm owed 10 large
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:
Ginge wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:44 am Can someone please ask Battersby as to why he did it on invoice terms as it was well known at that point they had failed to pay the Dutch company? Should have been cash up front.

No idea who Irwin is.
The other broadcast firm owed 10 large
Adrian must have been aware of this?
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Really disappointed with des and his cast iron guarantee and he told me that Irwin would get paid also 100pc.

I think this means Dessy Wessy told Adrian he would defo get paid, along with the other geezer
Who he hasn't paid either
Mega lolz
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Pretty sure this means the BDO name will be total mud in OB circles in the UK, they havent a hope in getting a Eurosport-acceptable product for the WDT now.

Paula resting her phone against a pint pot just won't cut it.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

I wonder if the presenters got paid? If so they must have asked for. It upfront.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:05 am I wonder if the presenters got paid? If so they must have asked for. It upfront.
Sounds like Battersby paid everyone out from the company (he said he paid everyone above) and the BDO were to pay him afterwards.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:06 am
devosteve wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:05 am I wonder if the presenters got paid? If so they must have asked for. It upfront.
Sounds like Battersby paid everyone out from the company and the BDO were to pay him afterwards.
If so he's been well ripped.off. but also a bit of a mug
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

No idea who Irwin is.
this was mentioned before the event started, during it and after it, if they didn't take a single look at who they were doing business with then to an extent they volunteered to bend over and drop 'em on a promise it wouldn't be stuck in, limited sympathy there, as it will be for anyone spending any money on any bdo events on the promise of prize money, hotels, drinks or whatever - if you get shafted by them you cannot claim to be surprised, only disappointed at losing a gamble which is what it now is
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Maybe Adrian could try and get the BDO liquidated then if they aren't paying up.

In fact, I bet Des is hoping someone does.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:53 am Maybe Adrian could try and get the BDO liquidated then if they aren't paying up.

In fact, I bet Des is hoping someone does.
I guess des and paula are keeping a low profile? BDO saying nothing!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The BDO is nothing but a glorified travel agency now.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:53 am Pretty sure this means the BDO name will be total mud in OB circles in the UK, they havent a hope in getting a Eurosport-acceptable product for the WDT now.
This
Although I will be gutted if it doesn't run, a highlight of the darting year
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:01 pm The BDO is nothing but a brassic travel agency now.
Yes
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Adrian Battersby

we did get most of it upfront thankfully... and a 100% percent cast iron guarantee that when eurosport paid them their fee then we would get the rest (and Erwin would).. royally screwed !
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ah so he isnt totally stupid then. Begs the question how much it all cost then if he got "most" of it and has been screwed for £20k
Big Jock Knew
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Mind if I was Des I would have been looking for a 20k reduction anyway, the production was crap.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage: