Des Jacklin resigns

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
TheVillan
The Ton Club

Re: Des Jacklin resigns

Post by TheVillan »

devosteve wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:14 pm A few pro des folks still defending.
In other news, the sky is blue, bears caught defecating near trees, and Pope is partial to discussion of ecumenical matters.
mrsheen
Pub Champion

Post by mrsheen »

Ginge wrote:Steve Brown plays on the same tour he runs, does he?
As for the WDC I had it in my head Cox ran it until Hearn came a-knocking.
I acceed to your superior knowledge of Cox.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

only85 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:38 pm My view it’s one of lr, Chris mason , Dave whitcombe one of those 3 would provide respect from players, most county officials & the general darting world & provide a bridge between both orgs, providing they throw there hats in the ring of course
Mason ffs
Give your head a shake man
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

And as for me “rigging the draw so my Mrs gets a an easier game, first of all that’s pretty disrespectful to the other player that has had to win an International event out right or get so high up an a rankings system that gives her automatic qualification? Paula’s first game at the World Masters 2019 was against the current World Cup Champion, it was only because some so called (BDO fanatics / experts ?????) didn’t know who the Lady was that they assumed it was a fix, tell me? If I’m giving my Mrs free ride, do I put her against the World Cup Champ, FIRST ROUND??? Christ sake

she is the current European Champion you fkking twt
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Er, the more pressing issue was making names up and increasing the seed numbers.
And he even got that wrong
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

bukowski wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:10 am And as for me “rigging the draw so my Mrs gets a an easier game, first of all that’s pretty disrespectful to the other player that has had to win an International event out right or get so high up an a rankings system that gives her automatic qualification? Paula’s first game at the World Masters 2019 was against the current World Cup Champion, it was only because some so called (BDO fanatics / experts ?????) didn’t know who the Lady was that they assumed it was a fix, tell me? If I’m giving my Mrs free ride, do I put her against the World Cup Champ, FIRST ROUND??? Christ sake

Think he also missed what he was being accused of. It wasn't that he had picked a player for Paula. It was that he fabricated players names to get to the threshold to increase the number of seeds. Paula therefore becoming a seed
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Didnt someone collate a list on here of the 20 or so mens names that were made up?
Big Jock Knew
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

Dellboy
Brass Darts

Post by Dellboy »

Tommy Thompson”s chicken coup was a real stab in the back for Des.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

The Jolly Man wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:04 am
bukowski wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:10 am And as for me “rigging the draw so my Mrs gets a an easier game, first of all that’s pretty disrespectful to the other player that has had to win an International event out right or get so high up an a rankings system that gives her automatic qualification? Paula’s first game at the World Masters 2019 was against the current World Cup Champion, it was only because some so called (BDO fanatics / experts ?????) didn’t know who the Lady was that they assumed it was a fix, tell me? If I’m giving my Mrs free ride, do I put her against the World Cup Champ, FIRST ROUND??? Christ sake

Think he also missed what he was being accused of. It wasn't that he had picked a player for Paula. It was that he fabricated players names to get to the threshold to increase the number of seeds. Paula therefore becoming a seed

He knows exactly what he was accused of doing, largely because he did what he was accused of doing.
But rather than admit to it, he's making up a completely new accusation (which no-one accused him of), of which he is innocent, and hoping no-one will notice the difference.

Also, is it just me, or does anyone else find it staggering to see the "world's greatest businessman" taking such pride in his own borderline illiteracy?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

"Des Paula Jacklin" now back, I see. Didn't take long.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:40 am "Des Paula Jacklin" now back, I see. Didn't take long.
Just under 3 hours.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:26 pm
ssjsa wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:24 pm
ILAD wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:20 pmFabulous news.
It is good news, but probably too late to save the BDO. Let's hope not.
Whoever takes over has one job: to liquidate.
KPMG would be a good choice..... :grin:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Even liquidating the BDO isn’t exactly gonna raise much to pay the production companies and whoever else has been bumped.

A niche sport

Not like many would be interested in darts equipment, maybe the edo or WDF might snap it up at a bargain.

Can see the PDC being interested in the BDO’s video library. Certainly the pre 1993 stuff. Stick it all on pdc tv.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

TheSandman wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:01 pm Even liquidating the BDO isn’t exactly gonna raise much to pay the production companies and whoever else has been bumped.

A niche sport

Not like many would be interested in darts equipment, maybe the edo or WDF might snap it up at a bargain.

Can see the PDC being interested in the BDO’s video library. Certainly the pre 1993 stuff. Stick it all on pdc tv.
Isn't it all on you tube FOC anyway.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

ChrisW wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:07 pm
TheSandman wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:01 pm Even liquidating the BDO isn’t exactly gonna raise much to pay the production companies and whoever else has been bumped.

A niche sport

Pdc can’t show any that
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

ChrisW wrote:

A niche sport

Let's hope its correctly licenced or some busybody with feck all better to do might report them and then get a little stiffy watching the outcome.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:08 am Didnt someone collate a list on here of the 20 or so mens names that were made up?
Players in draw but not on entry list
Simon Daint (ENG)
Joe Garter (ENG)
Jason Lovett (ENG)
Gerry Staff (ENG)
Paul Thomas (ENG)
Steve Waters (ENG)
Jacques Chais FRA)
Cluer Dupon (FRA)
Michael Entraner (FRA)
Charles Felon (FRA)
Carn Labeau (FRA)
Frank Hempster (GER)
Frank Carr (IRL)
Peter Tanner (NED)
Walter Vasten (NED)
Mark Morten (NIR)
Ian McPhaland (SCO)
Gary Rosten (SCO)
Andrew Slade (SCO)
Tony Nickle (USA)
Eddie Smithson (USA)
Michael West (WLS)
James Willis (WLS)
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

BlueSpark wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:32 pm
Ginge wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:08 am Didnt someone collate a list on here of the 20 or so mens names that were made up?
Players in draw but not on entry list
Simon Daint (ENG)
Joe Garter (ENG)
Jason Lovett (ENG)
Gerry Staff (ENG)
Paul Thomas (ENG)
Steve Waters (ENG)
Jacques Chais FRA)
Cluer Dupon (FRA)
Michael Entraner (FRA)
Charles Felon (FRA)
Carn Labeau (FRA)
Frank Hempster (GER)
Frank Carr (IRL)
Peter Tanner (NED)
Walter Vasten (NED)
Mark Morten (NIR)
Ian McPhaland (SCO)
Gary Rosten (SCO)
Andrew Slade (SCO)
Tony Nickle (USA)
Eddie Smithson (USA)
Michael West (WLS)
James Willis (WLS)
Jason Lovett exists
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The Americans said neither of the American names in that list existed.
Big Jock Knew