Des Jacklin resigns

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Dannyboy
International

Re: Des Jacklin resigns

Post by Dannyboy »

I’m writing this while I’m in Torremolinos (getting slaughtered on social media) dealing with the issues here with cancelling the event due to the Corona Virus. I had to follow the procedures in the way I did or no one would be entitled to any refund, if the BDO had cancelled the event while Flights were still operating, Airports were still open, Hotels were still operating and NO announcement from the Spanish Government everyone that booked would have lost their money and I make absolutely NO APOLOGIES for handling this issue In this way, admittedly it wasn’t the best outcome but it was the best outcome given the circumstances.

He is not wrong here.
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

he is if people don't get refunded
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Dannyboy wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:45 pm I’m writing this while I’m in Torremolinos (getting slaughtered on social media) dealing with the issues here with cancelling the event due to the Corona Virus. I had to follow the procedures in the way I did or no one would be entitled to any refund, if the BDO had cancelled the event while Flights were still operating, Airports were still open, Hotels were still operating and NO announcement from the Spanish Government everyone that booked would have lost their money and I make absolutely NO APOLOGIES for handling this issue In this way, admittedly it wasn’t the best outcome but it was the best outcome given the circumstances.

He is not wrong here.
Not the best outcome for those who travelled though.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:
Dannyboy wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:45 pm I’m writing this while I’m in Torremolinos (getting slaughtered on social media) dealing with the issues here with cancelling the event due to the Corona Virus. I had to follow the procedures in the way I did or no one would be entitled to any refund, if the BDO had cancelled the event while Flights were still operating, Airports were still open, Hotels were still operating and NO announcement from the Spanish Government everyone that booked would have lost their money and I make absolutely NO APOLOGIES for handling this issue In this way, admittedly it wasn’t the best outcome but it was the best outcome given the circumstances.

He is not wrong here.
Again, they could have taken some personal responsibility and not flown into a lockdown (which everyone knew was coming)
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

I had a flight booked for Thursday to Teesside. The party it was for at the weekend was cancelled. Was told by airline the flight was non-refundable.
Today they cancelled the flight due to the corona virus stating 'The local authorities of your destination have initiated entry restrictions'
So now we get money back.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Ginge wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:37 pm
DavidB wrote:
Ginge wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:17 pm John Rawlings reaction to the initial Tweet: "Go Wolfie".

Yes, because a man who has been on the board before, and failed, is the answer to everything

How did he fail exactly?? Didn’t he resign before he could really do much?
Well thats the point. Did fek all. Also a player still so a massive conflict of interest straight away.

Plus nobody has actually given any satisfactory explanation as to how he can turn things around. As I said, whoever takes over will probably have to liquidate.

Like players that are still active haven’t been able to run a darts org successfully in the past, no siree :grin:
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Anyway, that’s 20 mins I’ll never get back !
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

devosteve wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:47 pm

He is not wrong here.
Of course, but there will be 1,000s of other people in the same position. They were between a rock and a hard place.

Those who travelled to Sri Lanka for the test series this week will be in a similar position. They will lose their cash from the flights because there was no FCO restriction in place at the time. And as such the airline is under no obligation to refund the money.

Unfortunately they were in a situation, as were money other governments where they changed their restrictions with almost zero notice. As I said on the other thread, on Thursday morning I was spending last weekend in Amsterdam with mates; by the evening I was booking an early flight home to get in before the borders closed.
Last edited by Dannyboy on Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

spaceman70 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:23 pm
Ginge wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:18 pm
greatkingrat wrote:Derek Jacklin, Robert Macdougall and Martyn Moore have all resigned as directors of both the BDO and BDO Enterprises.

Frank Branscombe is currently the sole director of both companies.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history
Christ they wasted no time in notifying CH!
Takes less than 1 minute to do online.
I’m sure that **** Jacklin has done it several times before.
Last edited by BlueSpark on Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Seriously? Last chance
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Not sticking up for him but even without how,things worked out he took on a thankless task.Even at local levels a chairman no matter how fair or transparent still attracts criticsm often from those who put the least in and demand everything. The BDO was screwed long before he got top job and don't think anyone could have turned it around at that point? If there are criminal acts before or after his appointment will all come out that's for sure.. Hes better off out of it and can get on with things without the circus the BDO became. Publish all his facts and dump the blame where it belongs. He made mistakes no doubt but would have been better off not taking over a sunken ship.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidB wrote:
Ginge wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:37 pm
DavidB wrote:
Ginge wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:17 pm John Rawlings reaction to the initial Tweet: "Go Wolfie".

Yes, because a man who has been on the board before, and failed, is the answer to everything

How did he fail exactly?? Didn’t he resign before he could really do much?
Well thats the point. Did fek all. Also a player still so a massive conflict of interest straight away.

Plus nobody has actually given any satisfactory explanation as to how he can turn things around. As I said, whoever takes over will probably have to liquidate.

Like players that are still active haven’t been able to run a darts org successfully in the past, no siree :grin:
Who was that then?
Big Jock Knew
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

“Someone on here”! Hahaha
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Oh dear
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

You could just answer the question as I am stumped. Which player has run a darts organisation sucessfully before whilst still playing on the tour he is in charge of?
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

I just want to know what’s happening with all these amazing multi million pound sponsors that were on the verge of being announced?

And who is going to speak to Eurosport about these 2 extra new darts events?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ben Chambers will have his head in his hands....assuming he was even on board.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:23 pm I just want to know what’s happening with all these amazing multi million pound sponsors that were on the verge of being announced?

And who is going to speak to Eurosport about these 2 extra new darts events?
:IIII:
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

So it turns out that Des was blameless and it was all someone else's fault?

Phew, that's a relief.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Ginge wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:18 pm You could just answer the question as I am stumped. Which player has run a darts organisation sucessfully before whilst still playing on the tour he is in charge of?

I wasn’t replying to you :grin:

So theren haven’t been players involved in the running of a darts org before while still playing on tour?? Must have imagined history...
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidB wrote:
Ginge wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:18 pm You could just answer the question as I am stumped. Which player has run a darts organisation sucessfully before whilst still playing on the tour he is in charge of?

I wasn’t replying to you :grin:

So theren haven’t been players involved in the running of a darts org before while still playing on tour?? Must have imagined history...
I can only think of Martin Adams, which was a collosal conflict of interest, didnt last long, and he resigned. I genuinely cant think of any others.
Big Jock Knew