Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Dellboy
Brass Darts

Tri Nations Darts aka The Chicken Coup

Post by Dellboy »

Tommy Thompson
Conversation Starter · 10 mins
Tri-Nations Darts.
We received a set of rules concerning the British Internationals, these rules were written sent out and included into the BDO set of rules by Frank Branscombe (2018). At no time were the three countries consulted in anyway, despite the fact that the BDO had never had anything to do with the running or financing of the British International Championships for some 13 years.
England was asked by Scotland and Wales to attend a meeting to consider what the ramifications these rules changes would have to the International Championships. The meeting was held in early July 2018!
England had a particular problem with the new rulings amongst which mentioned that all games must be played on Winmau Boards. Whilst the BDO had Winmau as sponsors as mentioned they had never had anything to do with the running of the Championships for a considerable period, further England were contracted to "One80", and as host were obliged to use Gladiator boards when running events in England. England had no objections to playing on Winmau Boards when Scotland hosted the event or Red Dragon when Wales hosted the event.
It was decided that the three countries would ask the BDO for a meeting to try and resolve the situation.
A meeting was requested and granted in May 2019, what is important to remember is, all countries have the right to send to meetings the people their members elect.
The meeting with the BDO commenced and within a minute certain members of Wales and Scotland were asked to leave the meeting otherwise the meeting would not take place. They quite rightly refused to leave the meeting, resulting in the BDO removing itself from the meeting. So nothing was resolved.
The three countries then convened their own meeting, which resulted in the idea to form a company between the three countries (The Tri-Nations) to look after the British Internationals, and jointly work together to secure funding potential and TV coverage, this was in May 2019, and was solely to do with the British Internationals.
Whatever happened in the BDO, the WDT (Blackburn), The World Masters (Purfleet) and The Professional (London) had not even taken place or the incidents involved.
I have no intention whatsoever in taking over the BDO, wild horses couldn’t entice me to do this, although many of the members of England looking at the ongoing situation over the past months have asked us continually including senior International and tour players “what is going to happen to the Counties”.
Whatever is going to happen to the Inter-Counties is up to the members, perhaps the current board have a plan of action to continue the competition within the BDO, which is their 100% right, I have no problem with that, or perhaps others will come forward with alternatives, all of which is entirely up to the members to consider, when all the facts are finally made available to them.
However whatever is done, by whoever steps up to the challenge, has to be done, not only to make the Inter-Counties survive, but has to have a fully costed business plan which protects grass root darts for the future, with realistic goals and ambitions, that players, sponsors, potential corporate partners can have 100% faith in, that contracts agree to, can and will be delivered to all.
“Failure to plan is a plan to Fail”.
Just to finish, I am not throwing stones at any individuals, I have never mentioned personalities in any posts on social media except for that bastard Frank Branscombe, like England, it is a collective responsibility of all the directors to take individual responsibilities for the actions of the company as a whole. My job as Chairman of England is to promote darts within our sphere of influence, to try and bring on new initiatives for the members at the same time as protecting the company, for the future. It is for others to judge how successful we are. It is not for me or any of the directors of any company to suffer abuse or vendetta’s, what has gone has gone, you can’t change history, but you can make history, by securing a brighter future.
So I would urge everyone to please stop any potential derogatory remarks, just for the sake of settling old scores. We move forward together or we go out of business together.
Ginge
International

Re: Tri Nations Darts aka The Chicken Coup

Post by Ginge »

I like the line you added in yourself there :grin:
Big Jock Knew
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

All I know is if Frank Branscombe goes missing I know who is the number 1 suspect
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Are Paul and tt just egomaniacs, why do they feel the need to be the front and centre of all amateur darting decisions.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

TT is only making this statement now because he and his "Gang Of Six" were rumbled by one of the Jacklin brethren, the company has been registered over a month. Devious in the extreme.
Big Jock Knew
Rupert Steggles
Feather Flights

Post by Rupert Steggles »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Are Paul and tt just egomaniacs, why do they feel the need to be the front and centre of all amateur darting decisions.
Hi MH. I’d love to join your forum but only as a moderator. I used to be a union shop-steward too, you know?
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Of course Tommy isn't going to name names. If he did, he'd have to mention Des, and then people might point out to him this is the same Des he and Pauly were literally begging people to vote for.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Rupert Steggles wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:Are Paul and tt just egomaniacs, why do they feel the need to be the front and centre of all amateur darting decisions.
Hi MH. I’d love to join your forum but only as a moderator. I used to be a union shop-steward too, you know?
?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:19 am
Rupert Steggles wrote:
?
He's new to the forum. Let him find his feet :DDD:
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

its BV
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

So this is just for the British internationals, which hardly anyone cares about.
Not worth the effort surely
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

oche balboa wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:30 amits BV
Where is BV anyway?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

BlueSpark wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:38 pm
Where is BV anyway?
Attachments
giphy-1.gif
giphy-1.gif (1.27 MiB) Viewed 1537 times

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

oche balboa wrote:its BV
Here we go
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
TheVillan
The Ton Club

Post by TheVillan »

Rout wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:25 pm
Here we go
Pipe down Wazza! ;-)
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

ssjsa wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:47 pm
BlueSpark wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:38 pm
Where is BV anyway?
Get real, he’s to fat to be chucked like that. :grin:
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

TheVillan wrote:
Rout wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:25 pm
Here we go
Pipe down Wazza! ;-)
Shut up Ian.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

I'm really David Owen
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

oche balboa wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:12 pm I'm really David Owen
You definitely are retarded if you think that. :grin:
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
hankeys_taint
Brass Darts

Post by hankeys_taint »

What is it with folks who want to be in charge of darts and posting walls of misspelled, poorly structured and badly punctuated walls of text?
I am a man from Cork
Bo selecta has great norks
Des found me deep
And bo does she seep
So all three did bork