Big meeting on Sunday

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Tommy Thompson
Pub Champion

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by Tommy Thompson »

Thanks guys for the remarks good or bad, we will see, however not a take-over, we are not BDO 2, it is an attempt to start again with a clean sheet, maybe bring all interested parties together, a sense of reality which Counties and their players are going to have to embrace if they want to survive.

This is about grass root darts, not interested in World events, only if approached in providing opportunities for our players whether that be to the WDF or PDC.

Worse case scenario if the counties reject this, then we just carry on doing our national events, through the three countries, worth a try don't you think????

Good reading
Tommy T
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Who are Cuesoul?
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Tommy Thompson wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:25 pm Thanks guys for the remarks good or bad, we will see, however not a take-over, we are not BDO 2, it is an attempt to start again with a clean sheet, maybe bring all interested parties together, a sense of reality which Counties and their players are going to have to embrace if they want to survive.

This is about grass root darts, not interested in World events, only if approached in providing opportunities for our players whether that be to the WDF or PDC.

Worse case scenario if the counties reject this, then we just carry on doing our national events, through the three countries, worth a try don't you think????

Good reading
Tommy T
I agree its worth a try. Can you clarify: so if lets say a handful of counties do not agree to this and the rest do, will you plough on without the ones who say no? Are you looking for a minimum number to say yes? Are you looking to maintain the current structure of five English/Welsh divisions and the two regional Scottish ones?
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:26 pm Who are Cuesoul?
Oche failing to grasp the concept of an internet search, there.

https://www.cuesoul.com/
mrsheen
Pub Champion

Post by mrsheen »

oche balboa wrote:Who are Cuesoul?
I dont know, but Spandau Ballet always believed in them.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:32 pm
Tommy Thompson wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:25 pm Thanks guys for the remarks good or bad, we will see, however not a take-over, we are not BDO 2, it is an attempt to start again with a clean sheet, maybe bring all interested parties together, a sense of reality which Counties and their players are going to have to embrace if they want to survive.

Good reading
Tommy T
I agree its worth a try. Can you clarify: so if lets say a handful of counties do not agree to this and the rest do, will you plough on without the ones who say no? Are you looking for a minimum number to say yes? Are you looking to maintain the current structure of five English/Welsh divisions and the two regional Scottish ones?
Once a few counties agree to this (And its bizarre if they dont) the rest will follow. I hope they have a Prem- Regional format for the BICC

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I could imagine one nameless county not agreeing to it.....
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

el_ringo wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:51 pm
So you believe the grass roots need saving?
Anyone now who would of been a decent county player is either on the PDC tour or playing the challenge tour
None of these are "decent" players then? Image
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:50 pm I could imagine one nameless county not agreeing to it.....
Link? I mean Lincs?

:D
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Rout wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:00 pm

How many of those on that list play county as their first priority ?
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

el_ringo wrote:
Rout wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:00 pm

How many of those on that list play county as their first priority ?
What does that have to do with anything?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Rout wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:11 pm What does that have to do with anything?
It means they play county as an after thought and would if given the chance or option be playing something more beneficial to them which then takes you back to my original statement
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

el_ringo wrote:
Rout wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:11 pm What does that have to do with anything?
It means they play county as an after thought and would if given the chance or option be playing something more beneficial to them which then takes you back to my original statement
I dont think anyone has ever prioritised county tbh. Some people love it and rate it highly on their agenda as they love the team experience and the camaraderie. Some just use it as a way to get more stage experience and play better players. But pretty much every darts player that has ever lived would prefer to win tv titles and world championships ahead of everything else and thus their individual pursuits take priority. I dont think anything has changed in that respect.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

El_ringo is a moron

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

oche balboa wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:56 pm El_ringo is a moron
Which still puts him several tiers above you on the brains front.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Grass roots darts needs saving because the PDC NEED IT. They need that feeder system. Player dont go straight from there bedroom to PDC, That's the reality of it, they go to to Superleague, then county, then floor events and so on. Then finally paying the PDC to enter Q School etc.

I was told few weeks back PDC were getting involved in county and I wasnt sure how back then and wasnt particularly interested. But it all makes sense now where they were wanting to get involved/help.

Interesting to see the people on the Tri-Nations board are some that opposed the PDC and never really wanted much to do with them over the years, Guess people can change when they NEED to.

Can see sponsorship coming into this no problem if Hearn involved as he will funnel money into it from somewhere for the good of the game and PDC going forward.
JFT97
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

Bag Carrier wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:32 pm Grass roots darts needs saving because the PDC NEED IT. They need that feeder system. Player dont go straight from there bedroom to PDC, That's the reality of it, they go to to Superleague, then county, then floor events and so on. Then finally paying the PDC to enter Q School etc.

I was told few weeks back PDC were getting involved in county and I wasnt sure how back then and wasnt particularly interested. But it all makes sense now where they were wanting to get involved/help.

Interesting to see the people on the Tri-Nations board are some that opposed the PDC and never really wanted much to do with them over the years, Guess people can change when they NEED to.

Can see sponsorship coming into this no problem if Hearn involved as he will funnel money into it from somewhere for the good of the game and PDC going forward.
Well said / typed a factual observation
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Meanwhile the BDO are sending out letters begging for County reps to come forward and run the BDO......
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Got a copy of it?
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:Got a copy of it?
Sadly not, it's an email.