Big meeting on Sunday

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
waddle147
Pub Champion

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by waddle147 »

ILAD wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:28 pmBoom!
I'm not a great fan of deleting any posts, but I can see why he'd get rid of the abusive ones. But having the arrogance to leave some posts up and delete others because he alone deems them to be relevant/irrelevant speaks volumes.
aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

waddle147 wrote:
ILAD wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:28 pmBoom!
I'm not a great fan of deleting any posts, but I can see why he'd get rid of the abusive ones. But having the arrogance to leave some posts up and delete others because he alone deems them to be relevant/irrelevant speaks volumes.
What was that one you posted in the favourite matches thread that was deleted? Never got to see it.
Big Jock Knew
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

waddle147 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:24 pm
ssjsa wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:12 pm Okay so posts from Ilad and Rout both making their respective points.

Can we move on now please.
Would be best all round if you would move on from being an admin, if we're being honest.
When you use we're, are you referring to you and I, or a WhatsApp group you have set up for those who post less than 28 times per annum, over a 7 year period. :WWWW:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

But what about the meeting? It really is a new era for the counties.

The lack of insider info on here needs sorting out. I mean when I know more than most we are in trouble!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

ssjsa wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:36 pm
ssjsa wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:12 pm Okay so posts from Ilad and Rout both making their respective points.

Would be best all round if you would move on from being an admin, if we're being honest.
When you use we're, are you referring to you and I, or a WhatsApp group you have set up for those who post less than 28 times per annum, over a 7 year period. :WWWW:
How is a WhatsApp group relevant to this conversation?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
snakehipsx2
Pub Champion

Post by snakehipsx2 »

If there is such a WhatsApp group, someone should ask them why they post less than 28 times per annum

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Member of the Jim McKevitt fan club.
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

Almost by default, this is the last place to post for a few people, and you'll see I've posted quite frequently recently. I'd go out on a limb and say that most of those people don't wish to be continually spoken down to and have their posts deleted.

Is there a single other forum admin who'd be deleting posts because they alone deemed them to be relevant/irrelevant?
aka JRWFSL147

Rout
International

Post by Rout »

waddle147 wrote:

Is there a single other forum admin who'd be deleting posts because they alone deemed them to be relevant/irrelevant?
If there is (such a forum), you can bet that Ginge is the top poster on there.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ILAD wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:40 pm

Why is a WhatsApp group relevant to this debate?
It isn't, as to the best of my knowledge, this WhatsApp group does not exist, and was referrenced by me in a purely sarcastic manner to reflect the contempt I had for the attempted trolling.

Apologies to those who genuinely believed such a group existed.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ok so what was deleted from the favourite games thread, you have clearly irked him by getting rid of something.
Big Jock Knew
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

ssjsa wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:54 pm

It isn't, as to the best of my knowledge, this WhatsApp group does not exist, and was referrenced by me in a purely sarcastic manner to reflect the contempt I had for the attempted trolling.

So it’s ok for you to reference things in a ‘purely sarcastic manner’ but others cannot?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

I wasn't trolling, I genuinely find you arrogant and condescending and believe the site would be better off if you left altogether. Doesn't posting twenty consecutive times in the general laughs thread without anyone responding tell you anything?
aka JRWFSL147

Rout
International

Post by Rout »

waddle147 wrote:
waddle147 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:24 pm Would be best all round if you would move on from being an admin, if we're being honest.

I wasn't trolling, I genuinely find you arrogant and condescending and believe the site would be better off if you left altogether. Doesn't posting twenty consecutive times in the general laughs thread without anyone responding tell you anything?
Which brings the question, what have you done for this forum in the last couple of weeks, aside from moaning?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ssjsa wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:36 pm When you use we're, are you referring to you and I, or a WhatsApp group you have set up for those who post less than 28 times per annum, over a 7 year period. :WWWW:
If that group exists you should invite the TSOD competition entrants to join :D
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ginge wrote:
Tommy Thompson wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:25 pm Thanks guys for the remarks good or bad, we will see, however not a take-over, we are not BDO 2, it is an attempt to start again with a clean sheet, maybe bring all interested parties together, a sense of reality which Counties and their players are going to have to embrace if they want to survive.

This is about grass root darts, not interested in World events, only if approached in providing opportunities for our players whether that be to the WDF or PDC.

Worse case scenario if the counties reject this, then we just carry on doing our national events, through the three countries, worth a try don't you think????

Good reading
Tommy T
I agree its worth a try. Can you clarify: so if lets say a handful of counties do not agree to this and the rest do, will you plough on without the ones who say no? Are you looking for a minimum number to say yes? Are you looking to maintain the current structure of five English/Welsh divisions and the two regional Scottish ones?
Tommy?
Big Jock Knew