Favourite Darts Matches

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
DavidB
International

Re: Favourite Darts Matches

Post by DavidB »

One of my fav matches of all time, the 2004 Winmau final. Both players averaged near on a ton over 13 sets, nip and tuck, went all the way and King winning his first major by falling to his knees and nearly checking out with a 9 darter to win!

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

DavidB wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:47 am
DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:02 am One of the best matches ever at Lakeside.

Ted v Mason - 2000 semi final. Brilliant.
Match starts 10 mins into the video.

One of the best matches ever anywhere.

Still can’t believe they used to parade the players 10 mins before going out to the stage again to play !
The parade was absolutely archaic.

The match was extraordinary. Ted coming from 2-0 and 4-2 down to win. 22 180s for Ted and 11 for Mason. Definitely my favourite match of all time.
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:52 am
foggs3355 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:57 am This has to be up one of great WMP finals
The Warriner v Baxter final was much better IMHO
Oh come on Drupes, you're far too old for such a rookie mistake.
aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...
Kyeavfc
The Ton Club

Post by Kyeavfc »

if ever I’m asked of my favourite match I always think of Bristol v Taylor semi-final in 1997... Bristow’s swan song against what had been (and was) a dominant Taylor, I was 13 and never the biggest Bristol fan (yorkshire lad.. so always wanted Priestley) but lived every dart and such emotions... missed bull by Bristol ( if I remember right) and Taylor won 5-4.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Kyeavfc wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:02 pm if ever I’m asked of my favourite match I always think of Bristol v Taylor semi-final in 1997... Bristow’s swan song against what had been (and was) a dominant Taylor, I was 13 and never the biggest Bristol fan (yorkshire lad.. so always wanted Priestley) but lived every dart and such emotions... missed bull by Bristol ( if I remember right) and Taylor won 5-4.
Good old Bristol.

As I typed Warriner instead of Harrington earlier, this is a little harsh. :D
Kyeavfc
The Ton Club

Post by Kyeavfc »

:? spell checker at its best :-( :grin: :DDD:
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

This is up there as one of best bdo world pro quarter finals both players over 100 adv

DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

foggs3355 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:27 am This is up there as one of best bdo world pro quarter finals both players over 100 adv

Yeah that was a belter and great way to finish it! Really thought (and hoped) Merv would win it that year, alas Tony David played superb!
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Sadly i cant find Mark Walsh vs Dean Winstanley at the GSOD 2011

Great game
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:47 pm Sadly i cant find Mark Walsh vs Dean Winstanley at the GSOD 2011

Great game
Oche loves the PDC.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

ChrisW wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:14 pm OK rather than the trolling between 4 sad acts how about we start a thread to get something to read here during this difficult time.

I will start with one not mentioned so much but always struck me as win which was special for many reasons.

Tony David was awesome player. Shame he never got to carry on at the top
JFT97
Thrifty
Feather Flights

Post by Thrifty »

Keith Deller v Eric Bristow in the 1983 World final. Us armchair fans had never heard of Deller before the tournament, but he beat the other two of the three darts megastars of the time, John Lowe and Jocky Wilson (the defending champion) in the quarter finals and semi finals respectively. Bristow in the final was a different proposition though, he was definitely the guv'nor and seemed invincible. But Deller took it to him and missed a stack of match darts to win it 6-3. Bristow got it back to 5-5 but we all know what happened in the decider - absolutely fantastic drama and it seemed to almost stun Sid Waddell into silence (he was a bit less excitable in his early days in the commentary box though).

My other favourite was Bob Anderson v Lowe in the 1988 final. Anderson was my favourite player at the time and this win seemed to confirm him as the best player in the world. It was a brilliant standard and Bob was at his aggressive best throughout. I thought he'd walk it in 1989 as well, but came a cropper against Jocky Wilson in the semis meaning that Wilson ended up as a 2-time world champion instead of Anderson.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

This was best game of 2007 master of darts

foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

Bag Carrier wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:47 pm
ChrisW wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:14 pm OK rather than the trolling between 4 sad acts how about we start a thread to get something to read here during this difficult time.

I will start with one not mentioned so much but always struck me as win which was special for many reasons.

Tony David was awesome player. Shame he never got to carry on at the top

Full game of final