BDO Delegates Meeting, 19/04/2020

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: BDO Delegates Meeting, 19/04/2020

Post by Ginge »

Rout wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:31 pm
Ginge wrote:
markymark wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:11 am How much do we think the "Gold Cup" and "Chanpions Cup" are worth as intellectual property? (More intellectual than whoever writes their releases.)
Barely anything. Ask 1000 random people who arent on darts forums what sport the "Gold Cup" is in, most people wouldn't have a clue
If you asked 1000 random people what sport the "world grand prix" was in, most people wouldnt know and youd get more saying motor racing than anything.

If you did it with the "UK open", similar results, maybe golf.

Repeat for "the masters", "the premier league", "the players championship", "the european championship", "the world matchplay"....
I dont doubt that for a second. Shock horror: the general public know sod all about darts. Dont really see the point you are making here, mind, it doesnt change the original point being made.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

I think you missed a couple
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Ginge wrote:
Rout wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:31 pm
Ginge wrote:
markymark wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:11 am How much do we think the "Gold Cup" and "Chanpions Cup" are worth as intellectual property? (More intellectual than whoever writes their releases.)
Barely anything. Ask 1000 random people who arent on darts forums what sport the "Gold Cup" is in, most people wouldn't have a clue
If you asked 1000 random people what sport the "world grand prix" was in, most people wouldnt know and youd get more saying motor racing than anything.

If you did it with the "UK open", similar results, maybe golf.

Repeat for "the masters", "the premier league", "the players championship", "the european championship", "the world matchplay"....
I dont doubt that for a second. Shock horror: the general public know sod all about darts. Dont really see the point you are making here, mind, it doesnt change the original point being made.
My point was that your illustration was stupid.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Well it wasnt really was it. You just saw who posted it and went off on a wild tangent.

Anyone who genuinely believes the "Gold Cup" and "Champions Cup" are worth anything as intellectual property is bonkers.
Big Jock Knew
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Ginge wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:46 pm Anyone who genuinely believes the "Gold Cup" and "Champions Cup" are worth anything as intellectual property is bonkers.
And even if they were they would only be worth anything if they had been properly trademarked etc
Do we honestly think the BDO have protected any intellectual property over the years ?
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Ginge wrote:Well it wasnt really was it. You just saw who posted it and went off on a wild tangent.

Anyone who genuinely believes the "Gold Cup" and "Champions Cup" are worth anything as intellectual property is bonkers.
Dont flatter yourself petal.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
bovvered
The Ton Club

Post by bovvered »

Just for a laugh uncle barry should present a trophy at the end of the pdc home tournament and call it the Gold cup, Des will do nothing
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Ginge wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:46 pm Well it wasnt really was it. You just saw who posted it and went off on a wild tangent.

I’d be suing the person who sells anything BDO related as intellectual property going by spelling, grammar and PowerPoint skills
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Ginge wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:11 am "Liable" Image
Where is Des's first truth?

Who is fucking with your forum?
greatkingrat
Steady Sixties

Post by greatkingrat »

Des is now listed as a director of BDO Ltd as of 1st May. Not sure where he got that date from, all the other directors were appointed as of 19th April, the date of the meeting.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

greatkingrat wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:04 pm Des is now listed as a director of BDO Ltd as of 1st May. Not sure where he got that date from, all the other directors were appointed as of 19th April, the date of the meeting.
Is it the start of the new tax year?
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:44 am
greatkingrat wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:04 pm Des is now listed as a director of BDO Ltd as of 1st May. Not sure where he got that date from, all the other directors were appointed as of 19th April, the date of the meeting.
Is it the start of the new tax year?
New tax year is from 6th April.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

I suppose we all try and live our lives, with honesty dignity, and a sense respect for our fellow man, unfortunately nothing seems off the agenda to the BDO board as witnessed last night by the latest communication. It is really important that you read this carefully and do not miss any of this illuminating statement:

"Future of British Darts Organisation secured Commercial arm British Darts Organisation Enterprises Ltd files Notice of Intention to Appoint Liquidator The commercial arm of the British Darts Organisation - British Darts Organisation Enterprises Ltd – is set to file a Notice of Intention to appoint a liquidator in a move that will secure the future of grassroots membership darts in the UK. British Darts Organisation Enterprises Limited was founded on 30 May 1980 and has its registered office in Tonypandy, Wales. It has been the commercial arm of the sports membership body the BDO, since its formation. The Directors of the BDO have taken the difficult decision to liquidate the commercial arm as a result of the COVID crisis. British Darts Organisation Enterprises Ltd has faced increased cashflow pressure following the cancellation of a major event in Spain on the very day the country went into lockdown and due to social distancing, for the foreseeable future we are not able to run any of our other events. Given this the company faced a cashflow crisis which it could not trade out of. A BDO Director, stated: “The British Darts Organisation has a long and proud record of standing by and for its members. Today’s announcement does not change that in the least. Our focus is ensuring the longevity of the organisation and despite this setback and some tough decision making, we are committed to making the BDO a success for its members. British darts is safe.” “We are and will remain totally focused on our members and the Notice of Intention to appoint a liquidator does not change this.” A Creditors’ Voluntary Liquidation (CVL) is a formal insolvency procedure which involves the directors of an insolvent company voluntarily choosing to bring their business to an end. “The Directors will work closely with the Administrator to ensure creditor claims are addressed. However, our message to the membership is that our organisation is financially secure and that our commitment to British darts as a sport for everyone remains now and in the future,” concluded a BDO Director."

Whilst all the country in fact all the world is suffering the daily catastrophic consequences to this pandemic, as a society we are all dealing with family, loved ones and friends succumbing to this devastating situation, yet the BDO would have you believe that the reason the company has failed is because of this disease, it is an absolute outrage that they could even contemplate issuing such a communication, never mind trying to find justification is this fabrication of a document. I see the author or authors of this travesty , haven’t even got the common decency to sign their names to this, and I not surprised they should hang their heads in shame, they are lower than a snakes belly.
I don’t care what they choose to do to me, I don’t care about darts, and whether someone wants to play in this that or the other event, to stoop as low as this, says it all for me, about them and the people who support them, if they concur with the above as anything other than a disgrace, and seriously you want people like this to represent you. If this is where our sport has taken us, well you can have it for me, it isn’t me, it isn’t how I was brought up and it’s not how I have brought my children up, the end may justify the means to everyone on here but it doesn’t to me.

This is what has brought the company to administration.
Facts.
Who told the BDO Counties meeting that the BDO had a 10 year contract for the O2. ?

Who told the BDO Counties Meeting they had a 7 year contract with AEG (tickets)?

Who told the BDO Counties Meeting the O2 was a free venue?

Who changed the draw in the World Masters which ultimately led to the WDF withdrawing recognition from all BDO events.

Who reduced the player’s prize money on the day of the event for the World Masters?

Who told the BDO Meeting that no accounts would be presented as they were not looking good, but would be presented in January after the World Championships and judge us then (didn’t happen).
Who demanded players sign a contract for the World Championships, knowing they had not the funds to honour the contracts.?

Who didn’t pay the production company for transmission of the World Masters?

Who didn’t pay invoices for Sportotal since last June?

Who didn’t pay the prize funds in contracts to the players for the World Championships?

Who didn’t pay agreed invoice for 247TV at the World Championships?

Who promoted during the World Championships as a sponsor an illegal unregulated betting company, who dropped off the face of the earth during the event, and never paid any monies into the BDO?

Who allowed over an extended period of time “The good Name of the BDO” to be played out like a soap opera, on Network TV around the World, British and world tabloid press, and a laughing stock on social media?

Who took virtually all the money out of limited and told the accountant that it would be repaid in January (didn’t happen)?

Who threatened a county official with solicitors for asking for an EGM to ascertain the finances of the company in January?

Who has ultimately brought about the liquidation and decimation of all the assets of the company? This is easily identified by looking at company’s house and previous filed accounts.

Who resigned blaming everyone else other than themselves, along with a side swipe at all the County membership, only a few weeks ago, and still didn’t present a current financial report, (still outstanding to this day) before they resigned leaving Frank Branscombe on his own statement saying he had received little help from the outgoing Directors.?

Who was trying to railroad counties into committing to the future of the BDO by 15th May, when on their own admission they wouldn’t be able to inform the same county members the financial ramifications of their activities and the resulting consequences from their activities until 20th May.
(BDO Letter 6th May The only thing we can comment on at this point is, “an insolvency practitioner has been instructed to assist with getting the company (BDO-E) into Liquidation and we are hopeful that we will enter formal Liquidation on or around 20th May”)
Why was 15th May so important or in fact one county was given the deadline of 8th May?

For god’s sake have the decency to take responsibility for your actions, especially this absolutely diabolical attempt of shifting responsibility onto the unfortunate people in our society many of whom are our players and their families

This is my private posting, discipline me, sue me, send me the famous solicitors letters, I don’t care this is not acceptable at any level, and for those who find it is, then please don’t cross my path, or attempt to breath the same air as me, because you are not welcome in my space.
Tommy T
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Lower than a snake's belly.
That is low.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

one person mentioned that re liquidation: that the examiners will look to see if any creditors have recently been paid. Apparently having preferred creditors is illegal.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

At last a set of balls.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

I did say they would blame Covid for liquidation. Obvious thing to do as they can argue they cant trade their way out of the money owed.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Tommy obviosuly hopin gin his continued war with the Jacklin's that noone makes a list of his failures over the years.

Easy way for Tommy and Des to settle it winner takes all darts game Lancs v Lincs
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

devosteve wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:02 pm I suppose we all try and live our lives, with honesty dignity, and a sense respect for our fellow man, unfortunately nothing seems off the agenda to the BDO board as witnessed last night by the latest communication. It is really important that you read this carefully and do not miss any of this illuminating statement:

"Future of British Darts Organisation secured Commercial arm British Darts Organisation Enterprises Ltd files Notice of Intention to Appoint Liquidator The commercial arm of the British Darts Organisation - British Darts Organisation Enterprises Ltd – is set to file a Notice of Intention to appoint a liquidator in a move that will secure the future of grassroots membership darts in the UK. British Darts Organisation Enterprises Limited was founded on 30 May 1980 and has its registered office in Tonypandy, Wales. It has been the commercial arm of the sports membership body the BDO, since its formation. The Directors of the BDO have taken the difficult decision to liquidate the commercial arm as a result of the COVID crisis. British Darts Organisation Enterprises Ltd has faced increased cashflow pressure following the cancellation of a major event in Spain on the very day the country went into lockdown and due to social distancing, for the foreseeable future we are not able to run any of our other events. Given this the company faced a cashflow crisis which it could not trade out of. A BDO Director, stated: “The British Darts Organisation has a long and proud record of standing by and for its members. Today’s announcement does not change that in the least. Our focus is ensuring the longevity of the organisation and despite this setback and some tough decision making, we are committed to making the BDO a success for its members. British darts is safe.” “We are and will remain totally focused on our members and the Notice of Intention to appoint a liquidator does not change this.” A Creditors’ Voluntary Liquidation (CVL) is a formal insolvency procedure which involves the directors of an insolvent company voluntarily choosing to bring their business to an end. “The Directors will work closely with the Administrator to ensure creditor claims are addressed. However, our message to the membership is that our organisation is financially secure and that our commitment to British darts as a sport for everyone remains now and in the future,” concluded a BDO Director."

Whilst all the country in fact all the world is suffering the daily catastrophic consequences to this pandemic, as a society we are all dealing with family, loved ones and friends succumbing to this devastating situation, yet the BDO would have you believe that the reason the company has failed is because of this disease, it is an absolute outrage that they could even contemplate issuing such a communication, never mind trying to find justification is this fabrication of a document. I see the author or authors of this travesty , haven’t even got the common decency to sign their names to this, and I not surprised they should hang their heads in shame, they are lower than a snakes belly.
I don’t care what they choose to do to me, I don’t care about darts, and whether someone wants to play in this that or the other event, to stoop as low as this, says it all for me, about them and the people who support them, if they concur with the above as anything other than a disgrace, and seriously you want people like this to represent you. If this is where our sport has taken us, well you can have it for me, it isn’t me, it isn’t how I was brought up and it’s not how I have brought my children up, the end may justify the means to everyone on here but it doesn’t to me.

This is what has brought the company to administration.
Facts.
Who told the BDO Counties meeting that the BDO had a 10 year contract for the O2. ?

Who told the BDO Counties Meeting they had a 7 year contract with AEG (tickets)?

Who told the BDO Counties Meeting the O2 was a free venue?

Who changed the draw in the World Masters which ultimately led to the WDF withdrawing recognition from all BDO events.

Who reduced the player’s prize money on the day of the event for the World Masters?

Who told the BDO Meeting that no accounts would be presented as they were not looking good, but would be presented in January after the World Championships and judge us then (didn’t happen).
Who demanded players sign a contract for the World Championships, knowing they had not the funds to honour the contracts.?

Who didn’t pay the production company for transmission of the World Masters?

Who didn’t pay invoices for Sportotal since last June?

Who didn’t pay the prize funds in contracts to the players for the World Championships?

Who didn’t pay agreed invoice for 247TV at the World Championships?

Who promoted during the World Championships as a sponsor an illegal unregulated betting company, who dropped off the face of the earth during the event, and never paid any monies into the BDO?

Who allowed over an extended period of time “The good Name of the BDO” to be played out like a soap opera, on Network TV around the World, British and world tabloid press, and a laughing stock on social media?

Who took virtually all the money out of limited and told the accountant that it would be repaid in January (didn’t happen)?

Who threatened a county official with solicitors for asking for an EGM to ascertain the finances of the company in January?

Who has ultimately brought about the liquidation and decimation of all the assets of the company? This is easily identified by looking at company’s house and previous filed accounts.

Who resigned blaming everyone else other than themselves, along with a side swipe at all the County membership, only a few weeks ago, and still didn’t present a current financial report, (still outstanding to this day) before they resigned leaving Frank Branscombe on his own statement saying he had received little help from the outgoing Directors.?

Who was trying to railroad counties into committing to the future of the BDO by 15th May, when on their own admission they wouldn’t be able to inform the same county members the financial ramifications of their activities and the resulting consequences from their activities until 20th May.
(BDO Letter 6th May The only thing we can comment on at this point is, “an insolvency practitioner has been instructed to assist with getting the company (BDO-E) into Liquidation and we are hopeful that we will enter formal Liquidation on or around 20th May”)
Why was 15th May so important or in fact one county was given the deadline of 8th May?

For god’s sake have the decency to take responsibility for your actions, especially this absolutely diabolical attempt of shifting responsibility onto the unfortunate people in our society many of whom are our players and their families

This is my private posting, discipline me, sue me, send me the famous solicitors letters, I don’t care this is not acceptable at any level, and for those who find it is, then please don’t cross my path, or attempt to breath the same air as me, because you are not welcome in my space.
Tommy T
And finally the penny drops.

Tommy saying what we've all said on here for months, this new communication blaming covid has to be thw worst excuse ever, why? Because the BDO still has the monies paid in entrance fees and hotel costs - cash flow problems? Oh and whilst we are at it - "a major event"

FFS, the brass neck of the guy.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
cobra
Steady Sixties

Post by cobra »

All those questions from a person who backed Des Selecta in the first place.